X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanhalendlrband
    Groupie
    • Jan 2004

Whats dave thinkin?

Is dave givin it up? I mean what a perfect time to bring out an album when Van Halen is back. The fact that CD Stores are stackin the old VH albums beside the Best of One World i bet u people will start to wonder what Dave's doin these days. I really think he needs to try and at least get back together with the EEAS band or bring somethin out. I think it would be a smart idea.

But i mean thats my idea, I'm just curious like, is Dave really gonna just gonna shut the door on his career? Produce? EMT? I hope not. I want to hear more Dave. What a perfect time to come back when there's talk about the band and old Van Halen bein played everywhere, (inluding new rock station in vancouver CFOX, they played Hot For Teacher last night and is the second time i've heard that song on there and i don't listen to the radio much) I really think if Dave tries again with a non-cover album and some more DLRBand like tracks with maybe a bit more of the old sound to it i think it would sell pretty well, espescially if he pulls it off like VH (altho is and never will be anywhere near as succesful as a Dave fronted VH). Try to get on a bigger label for a one-shot deal, come up with some wicked tracks like usual, get a single out for about a month and a half before the album, start touring, advertise as much as possible, create some controversy (ie: Bad-mouth somebody like only Dave can and make Spammy and Alexandra look like shit), then release the album with another radio single.

Bad idea? Possible?

I have no doubt in my mind if given a shot like this i think he could be a lot more succesful. Like a gold or even a platinum album, i mean all those millions of original van halen fans are still there they just need to see it and hear it cuz the majority aren't lookin on the net obviously.
    When you think of Van Halen you think of David Lee Roth.
Working...