X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • General Hina
    Sniper
    • Feb 2004

BOBW sales will be hurt because all discs are defective

The song "Finish What You Started" abruptly cuts out. This is not a single edit either it is a defect on the disc!! Looks like Warner Brothers is about to recall a lot of CDs.

Over and Out,
    General Hina
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Now that is a true tragedy. And one of the few Van Hagar songs that's actually listenable, too. Couldn't they have fucked up "When It's " instead?

Wonder if the Dutchmen fucked it up on purpose like they did RWTD on the last greatest hits album?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• General Hina
      Sniper
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Now that is a true tragedy. And one of the few Van Hagar songs that's actually listenable, too. Couldn't they have fucked up "When It's " instead?

Wonder if the Dutchmen fucked it up on purpose like they did RWTD on the last greatest hits album?
      I heard about this RWTD thing.
      What exactly is different with the BOV1 version?

Thanks,
      General Hina

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
        I heard about this RWTD thing.
        What exactly is different with the BOV1 version?

Thanks,
        General Hina
        For some unexplained reason, they chopped the entire second verse out of the song, and then pasted it back on the end. So it goes first verse - chorus - solo - third verse - chorus - second verse.

Now the lyrics to the second and third verses are the same of course, but Dave sings them differently. So a true fan would notice the switch right away. Not to mention the solo being out of place. But the even more obvious edit is where Alex kicks in the drums on the final chorus - which is now cut off in the middle where the second verse is pasted in - then resumed after the second chorus morphs back into the last half of the final chorus.

Pretty fucking retarded, huh?
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• General Hina
          Sniper
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          For some unexplained reason, they chopped the entire second verse out of the song, and then pasted it back on the end. So it goes first verse - chorus - solo - third verse - chorus - second verse.

Now the lyrics to the second and third verses are the same of course, but Dave sings them differently. So a true fan would notice the switch right away. Not to mention the solo being out of place. But the even more obvious edit is where Alex kicks in the drums on the final chorus - which is now cut off in the middle where the second verse is pasted in - then resumed after the second chorus morphs back into the last half of the final chorus.

Wow! I never noticed this?? I'll check it out later today.

Thanks,
          General Hina

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Reportedly this was only in the first pressing of BOV 1, so your copy may or may not have it.

Gives me a great idea for a poll in "songs & albums" though
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
              Veteran
              • Jul 2004

What the fuck!? What the hell is wrong with those people fucking up Runnin with the Devil!?

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
                What the fuck!? What the hell is wrong with those people fucking up Runnin with the Devil!?
                Poll and thread on this subject now open here
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• 5150Clown
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

Yeah...I sometimes think they do this crap on purpose.
                  "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
                    The song "Finish What You Started" abruptly cuts out. This is not a single edit either it is a defect on the disc!! Looks like Warner Brothers is about to recall a lot of CDs.

Over and Out,
                    General Hina
                    lol....I guess 'Finish What Ya Started' never 'Finished What It Started'.

Which brings me to something that just occured to me....

I think that the VH Bros. did this 'Song Screw Up' for both albums on purpose, just to create a media buzz about the new album.

Now if Dave were there, guaranteed that there would be no 'Song Screw Ups' as media eye catchers. Dave never needed to stoop to that level of P.R. while he was in VH.

Guess that what happens when you replace the lead singer/P.R. Guy with the drummer/brother of the guitarist that THINX he can do the same job.

Alex sucks as a P.R. guy.....bring back DAVE
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2004

Is there a way to make all of the Van Gaybar songs abruptly stop?

Comment

• Snow Ho
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2004

van halen did some ridiculous stuff with the best ofs but they sell some coasters that work at their official site

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Those are coasters? I thought those were the actual cd's that you could use for coasters, since the WB warehouse had so many copies that wouldn't sell.

Comment

• General Hina
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Snow Ho
                            van halen did some ridiculous stuff with the best ofs but they sell some coasters that work at their official site

Did you photoshop that?
                            Very funny.
                            Good work.

Hina smiled then laughed then replied.

Comment

• General Hina
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                              Those are coasters? I thought those were the actual cd's that you could use for coasters, since the WB warehouse had so many copies that wouldn't sell.
                              Boy Warham is one dumb SOB.

That was the joke idiot!

Oh my god you are stoopid!

Over and out of my skull with your lack of intelligence,
                              General Hina

Comment

Working...