PDA

View Full Version : Time isn't on the Stones side any longer.

Wayne L.
07-24-2004, 11:11 AM
I have been a dedicated Stones fan for a long time now ever since I first heard them on the radio in the backseat of my parent's car when I was about 5 years old way back in 69. I didn't know their history or their classic rock albums until I was about 11/12 years old way back in 75/76 while my favorite era of the Rolling Stons is during the late 60's/early 70's which defines them for me. I have heard some rumors that their next tour probably in 05 will more than likely be the Stones final one after over 40 years of rocking which shouldn't come as any surprise honestly speaking after over 20 years of final tours. I'm going to miss the original bad boys of rock as an old fan who is only 40 because they are symbolically one of the last surviving 60's rock bands & the Jagger/Richards combination have timeless rock classics which will never be forgotten. I predict that Mick Jagger will possibly go to Las Vegas to perform after the Stones kind of similiar to another rock legend named Dave while Keith Richards will rock on with his raunchy guitar riffs until he's in the grave.

freak
07-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Whatever happened to real rock bands?

BrownSound1
07-25-2004, 02:37 AM
We'll see....I've seen several bands say, "This is our final tour, " only to see them on the road the next year. I say rock till you drop...what the hell else are you going to do?

FORD
07-25-2004, 10:21 AM
The Stones will keep touring until they drop dead. Keith will probably die on stage. Hopefully not at the show I'm at though.

That said, Keith & Charlie obviously aren't getting any younger and even Mick is showing his age now, so I'd like to see them bring Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman back for the tour if they ever do decide that "this will be the last time"

BTW guys...... where's that fucking box set you promised?? :mad:

SoCalChelle
07-25-2004, 04:37 PM
I think Keith has been dead for years. It's just all the drugs in his system keeping him moving around. LOL :)

twonabomber
07-25-2004, 04:50 PM
it's obvious all the toejam Wayne has ingested is damaging his brain.

Alex Mogilny
07-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by FORD

BTW guys...... where's that fucking box set you promised?? :mad:

Box set?

What kind of material is supposed to be on it?

FORD
07-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
Box set?

What kind of material is supposed to be on it?

Some time in 2000 or 2001 The Stones said they would be putting together a box set covering their entire career and it would include a lot of unreleased material. Of course I've heard a lot of great bootleg Stones, but the quality ranges from great to absolutely awful so I'd have no problem paying for a legit release. When they decided to tour in 2002-03 they aborted the project and released 40 Licks instead, but said they would do the box set later.

We're still waiting :(

FORD
07-27-2004, 07:54 PM
The Stones probably have enough material in the vaults for 10 box sets easily.

diamondD
07-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I remember hearing about that. Maybe they are holding on to it for the tour next year? I'm betting they are done with releasing full studio albums.

Panamark
07-29-2004, 08:44 AM
I agree with FORD. If it *REALLY* will be the final tour. get as much of the original crew back together. Maybe even incorporate a video screen with some sort of interactive shit with old Brian Jones footage too.... Cover their whole career, and all members if possible...

Will be a sad day, but a great way to go out properly !

twonabomber
07-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by FORD
The Stones probably have enough material in the vaults for 10 box sets easily.

and ABKCO probably owns the rights to all of it.