X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thetruthbaby
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

Official Attendance From Grand Rapids

Straight out of BILLBOARD MAGAZINE FOR JULY 31, 2004. VAN HAGAR in Grand Rapids, MI. The attendance was 8,460 out of a POSSIBLE 12,114. Again, look at Billboard if you don't believe Hagar worshippers. This was the ONLY show that made the boxscore for this particular issue of Billboard. Not close to a sellout. Of course now I guess that in addition to POLLSTAR, Billboard will lose all credibility with the Hagar clan since they had a poor turnout. They'll claim it must not be true. IDIOTS.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

"Well uh, the weather was bad..........Sammy had a rectal exam that morning which hurt attendance..........Biilboard has no credibility, I heard there were 500,000 people there!" (just helping out the sheep here)

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

So what are they averaging now?! 8,000 a show........yep that's a MEGA re-union! Even I thought they would draw better than this. Guess those pussy whipped husbands didnt get permission to buy tix.

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2004

ME TOO

I'm a big enough person to admit that I thought they'd be doing better myself. EDDIE can not be happy with this. I've heard rumors HE IS NOT. We'll see.
        DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2004

Just waiting

I'm just waiting for all of the denial threads to kick in. Stupid people.
          DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• Lou

Hey they sold out 2/3 of the venue!

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It seems like about 2/3 capacity is the norm.
              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
                Head Fluffer
                • Jun 2004

LIKE SO MANY OTHERS

This show like so many others FAR FROM A "rapid fire sellout" like the loudmouth Hagar predicted. What a fool.
                DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• scottydabodi
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

This is so sad, that it's funny. Hagar is gagging on his own b.s., and what time he ain't, he's gagging on Ed's microbeef. I hope Ed gets so pissed about the tour tanking he drills a needle into his left nut. That'd be the best entertainment I'd gotten outta Ed since '84!
                  If you listen to fools
                  The Mob Rules

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Agreed with Lumbs and theTruth.

Before the tour got underway, many here said it would flop.

To me flopping, is cancelling dates due to lack of ticket sales, which (as far as I know) hasn't happened yet. I wasn't expecting sellouts in record time for these dates, but didn't expect attendance to be this soft. Am not a fan of Van Hagar's music, but Van Halen did continue to fill arenas after Dave left.

Am sure the usual excuses will be offered (bad year for concert tickets from established bands pretty much all around, Halen isn't doing a lot of press to promote it), but think what it comes down to is Van Halen have nothing special to offer/induce enough people to sell out these halls anymore, or incite various media outlets to do anything other than a few perfunctionary blurbs about them.

Van Halen these days is nothing special anymore.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

Van Halen these days is nothing special anymore. [/B][/QUOTE]

A sad but true statement. But the reality is that Van Hagar have NEVER been special. Thats the gist of all of us who have been so irrate ever since Dave split. Its NOWHERE near the musical extravaganza that the original band was.

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Who?

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Van Halen = Superbowl

Van Hagar = Toilet Bowl.

Comment

• bighank66
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jan 2004

What gets me is that Pollstar #2 power rating...What the fuck do they base that on?
                            Cant be tics sold--we all know that sales have been terrible.
                            If its based on Hype--how come theres so much hype and noones going?
                            It cant be based on internet chatter--i think we are the only ones to mention this tour, except for an occasional mediocre review from whatever city they happen to stir 7000 people up in.

Anyone know what its based on?
                            "You heard what happened on MTV...people don't react like that when the Bay City Rollers reconvene..." DLR `96

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

It's directly tied into the Links message board.

Comment

Working...