X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kelly
    Groupie
    • Jan 2004

Classic Rock interview

I'm not sure if this has been posted before - I've certainly seen some quotes from it. Great interview from January 2004. Dave is funny as shit. I love the Rothism "If you underdress, you're sure to find somewhere to hang your hat".

• Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Right on Kelly! I picked up that issue of Classic Rock when it came out. Great how Dave spells it out. They hate him 'cause he was the boss. So, Dave was in charge for their most creative and rockin' period....and they hate the guy. Maybe 'cus THEIR ASSHOLES!?!

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

Thanks Kelly!

I picked up a copy of this edition of Classic Rock a few weeks ago.

That's one of the best interviews with Dave I've ever seen. He's certainly very open about his wish for a VH reunion. Some great photos too. I love the shot of Dave and EVH in the limo. I guess it's from 1978 or '79.

Comment

• Jimothy
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Sep 2004

CLASSIC.

"We started to see evidence of the professional groupie in the early 80's. Alarmingly, these girls bore a striking resemblance to Motley Crue."

Dave slips in a good jab at Motley Crue (who were arguably derived from VH and DLR, which I consider a precursor to hair metal)

EDIT: Not to mention Dave telling it like it is.

"You see, my job in Van Halen was director. The whole time I was in the band I was the boss."

One need only look at the love ballad filled 5150 to see that things went to shit without Dave at the helm.
        Last edited by Jimothy; 09-02-2004, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• 5150Clown
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

It was about time Dave opened like he did. It's like you could feel'em ya know? In the past he was either apathetic towards VH or you couldn't understand what he meant. This time he really opened up and it's like the band meant alot to him and it still does.
          "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

Working...