X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Article on Best Of Both Worlds

Reuters (Hollywood) – (7/28/04) Despite Three New Tunes, Van Halen Comes In #2

Van Halen’s new double-disc greatest hits set, ‘Best of Both Worlds’, opens on the Billboard chart this week at #2 with sales of 146,936, despite three new tracks with lead singer Sammy Hagar. It trails the debut of Ashlee Simpson, MTV star Jessica Simpson’s younger sister, which tops the chart with a robust 407,950 sold. Coming in at #3 this week is Jimmy Buffett’s latest, which drops out of the lead spot.

We here at Reuters went to investigate how Van Halen could have possibly debuted behind the talentless Simpson, so we took it upon ourselves to visit ‘vhlinks.com’, where 100% of the sheep, er, posters there bought the set, to see their reaction to this news. Here are some of the responses:

Balanced Rock – ‘Nobody's interested in Van Freaking Hagar, eh.’

Desperation Redline – ‘Only #2? I knew it. It's a complete and utter failure.’

VanHagar5150 – ‘Most also forget to take into account that the die hard Roth fans will refuse to buy this album, which is a huge decrease in sales, just like all the other Hagar/Cherone albums....yet its still number 2!!!’

5150 Mean St – ‘Fuckin' a-right. Oh, this album won't be successful, nuh uh, not without Dave, or not without Gary. nobody cares about Van Hagar anymore, they've been gone too long.’

Brett, vhlinks owner – ‘Definitely a Soundscan conspiracy, I mean come on!’

Zahzoo – ‘I'm sure CCE has bought about 100,000 copies to give away at each tour stop along with the food vouchers and free parking.’

Dgjock – ‘I'm telling you people, the end is near!’

right-here-I-say – ‘Yeah, I guess the days of a million sold the 1st week are over...unless Dave comes back with a full album.’

Spanked55 – ‘The tours a flop... Eddie can't play... and NO ONE wants a "Best Of". It won't sell!’

We were able to catch up with Sammy Hagar, who is currently playing to half-empty concerts around the US with his fellow bandmates, Ed, Alex, and the bass player. This is what he had to say on the chart position:

‘Van Hagar has sold 42 million records, they sold 28 [with Roth]. I was in the band 11 years, he was 7. So stack it up. "Right Now" and all the No. 1 records were with me. They became a teenage phenomenon with him. But people grew up. It was more like 18-30 for me. Their wife and couples came to see us. The fact that I had a career before Van Halen was more important to me. David Lee Roth didn't have a career before and so he didn't have one after.’

A little bitter there, Mr. Hagar?
    Last edited by Warham; 07-28-2004, 09:54 AM.
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Read this, a.j., so you don't get your facts confused.

Comment

• General Hina
      Sniper
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      Reuters (Hollywood) – (7/28/04) Despite Three New Tunes, Van Halen Comes In #2

Van Halen’s new double-disc greatest hits set, ‘Best of Both Worlds’, opens on the Billboard chart this week at #2 with sales of 146,936, despite three new tracks with lead singer Sammy Hagar. It trails the debut of Ashlee Simpson, MTV star Jessica Simpson’s younger sister, which tops the chart with a robust 407,950 sold. Coming in at #3 this week is Jimmy Buffett’s latest, which drops out of the lead spot.

We here at Reuters went to investigate how Van Halen could have possibly debuted behind the talentless Simpson, so we took it upon ourselves to visit ‘vhlinks.com’, where 100% of the sheep, er, posters there bought the set, to see their reaction to this news. Here are some of the responses:

Balanced Rock – ‘Nobody's interested in Van Freaking Hagar, eh.’

Desperation Redline – ‘Only #2? I knew it. It's a complete and utter failure.’

VanHagar5150 – ‘Most also forget to take into account that the die hard Roth fans will refuse to buy this album, which is a huge decrease in sales, just like all the other Hagar/Cherone albums....yet its still number 2!!!’

5150 Mean St – ‘Fuckin' a-right. Oh, this album won't be successful, nuh uh, not without Dave, or not without Gary. nobody cares about Van Hagar anymore, they've been gone too long.’

Brett, vhlinks owner – ‘Definitely a Soundscan conspiracy, I mean come on!’

Zahzoo – ‘I'm sure CCE has bought about 100,000 copies to give away at each tour stop along with the food vouchers and free parking.’

Dgjock – ‘I'm telling you people, the end is near!’

right-here-I-say – ‘Yeah, I guess the days of a million sold the 1st week are over...unless Dave comes back with a full album.’

Spanked55 – ‘The tours a flop... Eddie can't play... and NO ONE wants a "Best Of". It won't sell!’

We were able to catch up with Sammy Hagar, who is currently playing to half-empty concerts around the US with his fellow bandmates, Ed, Alex, and the bass player. This is what he had to say on the chart position:

‘Van Hagar has sold 42 million records, they sold 28 [with Roth]. I was in the band 11 years, he was 7. So stack it up. "Right Now" and all the No. 1 records were with me. They became a teenage phenomenon with him. But people grew up. It was more like 18-30 for me. Their wife and couples came to see us. The fact that I had a career before Van Halen was more important to me. David Lee Roth didn't have a career before and so he didn't have one after.’

A little bitter there, Mr. Hagar?
      John Lennon is as dead as Dave's career.

Sad but true,
      General Hina

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Tsk tsk tsk.

Comment

• General Hina
          Sniper
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Warham
          Tsk tsk tsk.
          tut tut

Comment

• evhfan2
            Banned
            • Jul 2004

warham...you have way too much time on your hands...and way too many cocks IN your hands...

Comment

• THEGREAT JT
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jul 2004

General Hina, please be sure to mention myself (the great JOE THUNDER, LP) or DLR in the first sentence of every poste. Those are rules we all must follow in able to be members here. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

And you can't stay away from us.

You get banned and still have the time to come up with an imaginative user name and come back to us 'losers'.

I know who the real loser is, numbnuts.

Comment

• evhfan2
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2004

i feel a DUTY to enlighten you mental, delusional, lennon loving, pieces of shit...

Comment

• evhfan2
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2004

and to show that you can't KEEP me out

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Report for duty at the next Van Hagar concert to blow Eddie.

He'll be waiting.

Comment

• evhfan2
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2004

you can do the same for lennon...sean lennon that is...someone already took care of john...

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I have no duty. You said you did.

Eddie will be waiting, and Sammy said he wants in on your action too.

Comment

• Mezro
                            Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by evhfan2
                            i feel a DUTY to enlighten you mental, delusional, lennon loving, pieces of shit...
                            The skinned knee jerk reaction has come crawling out of traction.

Enlighten away king of dumpster cum. What have you got in your little mangled cha cha bag today?

Mezro...the evhfan2 pledge from on a thin ledge: a duty to mediocrity; a lifetime of inability...such a sad little nugget...yawn...
                            Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by evhfan2
                              you can do the same for lennon...sean lennon that is...someone already took care of john...
                              Wow, you're SO outrageous.........lemme guess sheep boy, Hagar is a better songwriter than Lennon right?!

Comment

Working...