Whats the biggest surprise in the majors this year?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Whats the biggest surprise in the majors this year?

I'm not going to list them all...

but how about San Diego making a run...right now...in first place for a wildcard spot...

How about the Indians...2 games over .500...and only 5 1/2 out of first...less for the wildcard...

What about Texas...1/2 game out...about to be 1 1/2...but still in it with no pitching...

How about Atlanta? Did anyone think they would be even close? No hitting...average pitching? Perhaps Bobby Cox is better than most of us thought...

Houston Sucks...

LA doesn't...

Florida perches itself to make another run...

here we go...this could get fun...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • TLR
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

How about St. Louis being 30 games over .500? They didn't appear to have much pitching, either, at the beginning of the year.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I still look at their staff and shudder...

Morris...their "#1" looks awful...

Woody Williams...

Chris Carpenter...

Jason Marquis...

we aren't talking the Braves of the 90's...of course they only won 1 series...

Yeah...St. Louis is a surprise to be that GOOD...but I think their offense is a known commodity...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

people paying to watch America's past time, seems to be pretty surprising these days.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Christ...I don't have a team within 5 hours of me...and wouldn't travel that far to see them anyways...

the only team I'd pay to see is about 700 miles from here...and finally waking up from a 3 year slumber...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

As far as the strike killing my desire for baseball...

it couldn't have happened at a better...or worse...depending on you sight of vision for me...

Cleveland was waking up then...was the 2nd hottest team in the majors (2nd to Montreal)...and a game outta first if I remember correctly...when they went on strike in 1994...

yeah...I was pissed...more because I was missing a potential chance at a series...

then in 1995...the get to the Series...and were good consistantly after that...

had it have been any different...had my team not quenched success after a whole life of shit teams...

I may not even be talking about this shit...

but...that's the way the cards fold...

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

The Pads arent really much of a surprise to me, they've had major injury problems the last few years. Their GM, Kevin Towers, is among the best in the business. I'd have to say the biggest surprise is the Braves. I guess we all finally have to give Cox his props, even now with mediocre talent they're probably gonna win this division.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

theres always Golf!
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

The strike sucked for me because my team(the Giants) were just getting hot, and climbed to within 3 games of LA. Matt Williams also had 43 homers(Barry 37 even when he was skinny as a twig) and would have made a run at Maris years before McGwire would. Still, it didnt kill my love of the sport.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Yeah...Williams actually broke the record per se in the same amount of games...ending in 94 and beginning in 95...

had more than 61 in 161 total games...

was to bad...it ended what was going to be an interesting bunch of races and records...

Comment

Working...