Best of YOUR World

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabulous Shadow

Best of YOUR World

So i'm out by the pool listening to the BOBW cd...
    Roth, Hagar, Roth, Hagar, Roth, Hagar, you get the picture...

Why didn't they release two cds?

One, Best of the Roth era...
    Two, Best of the Hagar era...

(Three, Best of the...Uhhhh confusion era.. Just kidding!)

It would have actually been interesting to see these two go toe to toe on the charts and I don't think it would have affected the tour because I think it's primarily Hagar and EVH fans going anyway. I also think that it would have made more money for the VH boy because more ROTH fans would be spending their dough on it and the Hagar fans would buy both anyway.

Agree? Disagree? Discuss...
    Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2004, 07:26 PM.
  • AJW
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

Re: Best of YOUR World

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
    So i'm out by the pool listening to the BOBW cd...
    Roth, Hagar, Roth, Hagar. Roth. Hagar, you get the picture...

Why didn't they release two cds?

One, Best of the Roth era...
    Two, Best of the Hagar era...

(Three, Best of the...Uhhhh confusion era.. Just kidding!)

It would have actually been interesting to see these two go toe to toe on the charts and I don't think it would have affected the tour because I think it's primarily Hagar and EVH fans going anyway. I also think that it would have made more money fort the VH boy because more ROTH fans would be spending their dough on it and the Hagar fans would buy both anyway.

Agree? Disagree? Discuss...
    FAB that would have made too much sense for Warner Brothers to do. I hate the music industry. It has gone done the fuckin' toilet.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Well...it would have answered a ton of questions...

I would have loved to see Roth with NO new songs...kick the living hell out of Hagar with 3 new tunes...

would have made my year...

Of course...they would never do that...because when the Roth version outsold the Hagar version 3-1...well...Eddie wouldn't look all that good now would he...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

POJO, do you really think that is what it comes down to? Saving face?
        Don't you think they would have made MORE money doing it the way I spelled it out? This way they have limited themself to the Hagar audience because they should know by know that the true RothHARDS won't touch it.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Whoever put it together just thought they could do a repeat of BOV1, that Roth and Hagar are interchangeable/most fans like VH mostly for Eddie, and enough time had passed since Hagar left VH to make the situation similar to what Roth and VH did in 1996 (throw a few new songs on there and it will sell).

If this is the thought process in the Van Halen camp, or the the record labels doing, or a combination of both, whatever.

Sheep would have bought this Best of if it was just one new Van Hagar song and nothing else but classics. They don't discern. Hell, they would have bought it even if was nothing but classic tunes. The logic behind it is the belief that Van Halen's fan base at this point is comprised of people who will buy whatever as long as the Van Halen name is on it..........apparently not enough to fill 10,000 seat concert halls, but that's another story (one you won't be reading about in Rolling Stone anytime soon)
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I just saw that fucking K-Tell add on NFL Network again!!!!

When they "highlight" the songs on the album, the only Van Halen song mentioned is "Jump" and only ONE clip of Roth.

It's such "hits" as:

Finish what you started

When it's Cheese

Right Now

The "Classic?" Why Can't this be Dave?

and th new smash hit.......... It's about time!!!!

It's beyond pathetic.

*Best Popeye Voice* Well blow me down?!?!?!

Fuckers.........
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

Part of the problem with Spammy back in '96 was he objected to 2 greatest hits pitting him against Diamond DAVE. He knew then that an all DAVE CD would kick the SHIT out of an Van Hagar CD. I'm sure that SpEddie didn't want to reopen THAT can of worms!!!

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

That was a concept that i came up with myself as well. Put both eras against each other and prove to the brothers that dave was the best

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                  I just saw that fucking K-Tell add on NFL Network again!!!!

When they "highlight" the songs on the album, the only Van Halen song mentioned is "Jump" and only ONE clip of Roth.

It's such "hits" as:

Finish what you started

When it's Cheese

Right Now

The "Classic?" Why Can't this be Dave?

and th new smash hit.......... It's about time!!!!

It's beyond pathetic.

*Best Popeye Voice* Well blow me down?!?!?!

Fuckers.........
                  I love how there are no closeup shots of Dave at all. Like the casual fan is gonna think that's Sammy.

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

The whole thing blows goat balls.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

It's an utter rip-off. But hey, who cares if a bunch of sheep love wasting their money? Seriously, let the losers spend more money and then realize they didn't really get much for it.

God, I hate Sammy Hagar. To think...this was the greatest band in the world 20 years ago...
                      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Dave IS VH

The Best of the Roth era CD, would out sell the Best of the Hagar era Cd and that would down play the Van Hagar reunion to the world. Thus making the VH brothers look like a bunch of Jack asses.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Exactly. Alexis knows that all too well, which is why he would never do that(and continues to downplay Dave's hand in the bands success). Washed up pussy.

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

The pussifying of Van Halen continues.....

What a great fookin concept mentioned by Pojo and DLRDelight.
                            Release them seperately so Eddie and Alice can see where the real interest lays. Deep down they fucken know, but make every atempt to
                            cover it up. This mish mashed song order shit is just another ploy.....

Its as obvious as Ed's drunken cut and paste "production" jobs...

The best of both worlds ?? Fine, but seperate the two eras and give us a show with both singers. Then this album/tour might have a shred of cred..

Having Sammy sing Dave songs live on this release, really is a fucked
                            decision. One I believe both sets of fans would agree is fucked up.
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• scottydabodi
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Ed and Alex are fucking losers... The Roth era Best of would've SLAUGHTERED the sales of the Hagar "Best of", then they'd be in a position with Roy that would be MOST egregious. The people have spoken, and it's DAVE OR THE GRAVE, ASSHOLES!!!!
                              If you listen to fools
                              The Mob Rules

Comment

Working...