X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky wilbury

Republicans Plan Push For Elimination Of Irs

REPUBLICANS PLAN PUSH FOR ELIMINATION OF IRS

**Exclusive**

A domestic centerpiece of the Bush/GOP agenda for a second Bush term is getting rid of the Internal Revenue Service, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The Speaker of the House will push for replacing the nation's current tax system with a national sales tax or a value added tax, Hill sources tell DRUDGE.

"People ask me if I’m really calling for the elimination of the IRS, and I say I think that’s a great thing to do for future generations of Americans," Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert explains in his new book, to be released on Wednesday.

"Pushing reform legislation will be difficult. Change of any sort seldom comes easy. But these changes are critical to our economic vitality and our economic security abroad," Hastert declares in SPEAKER: LESSONS FROM FORTY YEARS IN COACHING AND POLITICS.

"“If you own property, stock, or, say, one hundred acres of farmland and tax time is approaching, you don’t want to make a mistake, so you’re almost obliged to go to a certified public accountant, tax preparer, or tax attorney to help you file a correct return. That costs a lot of money. Now multiply the amount you have to pay by the total number of people who are in the same boat. You can’t. No one can because precise numbers don’t exist. But we can stipulate that we’re talking about a huge amount. Now consider that a flat tax, national sales tax, or VAT would not only eliminate the need to do this, it could also eliminate the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) itself and make the process of paying taxes much easier."

"By adopting a VAT, sales tax, or some other alternative, we could begin to change productivity. If you can do that, you can change gross national product and start growing the economy. You could double the economy over the next fifteen years. All of a sudden, the problem of what future generations owe in Social Security and Medicare won’t be so daunting anymore. The answer is to grow the economy, and the key to doing that is making sure we have a tax system that attracts capital and builds incentives to keep it here instead of forcing it out to other nations."

Developing...
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Never gonna happen. You can't buy global fascism with sales tax.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lucky wilbury

i thought you've said before that you would be for a national sales tax?

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Not if it's a neocon shit bag idea...

Comment

• Big Train
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Elvis, Couldn't have said it better myself. He wants it to come from "responsible" hands of Kerry/Edwards, who raise taxes on everything they touch.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The entire modus operandi of the Bush Criminal Empire depends on a bloated "Defense" budget. It always has, and always will. The BCE wouldn't be able to pull off their scams without that money (i.e. they wouldn't be able to skim off billions to fund their black ops such as Al Qaeda and drug smuggling)

As far as the idea itself, I would support discussion of ANY tax reform which closed all the ridiculous loopholes and made the rich pay their fair share of the tax burden. But that will never come from the BCE either. As they have already proven, they would rather give "tax cuts" to those who use all the loopholes and likely didn't pay any taxes in the first place.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Bloated Defense budget???

True colors showing again...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                Bloated Defense budget???

True colors showing again...
                If they can get away with $400 screwdrivers and $600 toilet seats, just imagine how much padding they can put on the big ticket items. It's the perfect scam. Who knows how much it really costs to build a Stealth bomber.

They do these budgets like this on purpose, because that way they can funnel the extra money into all the things that they can't list on the budget. Like all those new poppy crops in Afghanistan, for example.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

The only "scam" comes from people like you...

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Kerry said he was going to raise the 'bloated defense budget', didn't he?

Looks like he's going to be buying alot more $400 screwdrivers.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Ford, you watch too much TV...

Anyway, do you have equal problems with the bloated social spending out of Washington??? You know social spending is about twice as large as Defense spending, don't you?

And yet you libs still whine about "two Americas" and what not. Shouldn't your pet social worries be fixed by now? With all the money being spent on them, I'd have thought you libs would've fixed everything by now...

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                        Ford, you watch too much TV...

Actually, I don't. The convention last week was the most TV I've watched in years. The only TV shows I watch habitually anymore are The Simpsons and South Park.

Anyway, do you have equal problems with the bloated social spending out of Washington??? You know social spending is about twice as large as Defense spending, don't you?

The whole system could use some work, but the holes in the "defense" budget are the most obvious. And considering this is how Al Qaeda was created in the first place, the most harmful to the country.

And yet you libs still whine about "two Americas" and what not. Shouldn't your pet social worries be fixed by now? With all the money being spent on them, I'd have thought you libs would've fixed everything by now...
                        Every time the "libs" try to fix something, the right wing corporatists get in the way. i.e. healthcare reform, insurance reform, REAL campaign finance reform, etc.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

You must have gotten a refill on your meds...

Comment

• steve
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

Replacing income tax with a sales tax - combined with the vast eliminations of taxes on stock dividends that GW has already pushed through - is just another way to throw taxes on the backs of the lower and middle class to free up more money for the rich.

Don't believe me though - think about it, read about it, and do the numbers yourself.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Gotten is not a word is it ??

Comment

Working...