Clear All
  • Sgt Schultz
    Commando
    • Mar 2004

Nancy Reagan Strongly Endorses President Bush

Exclusive: Nancy Reagan Strongly Endorses President Bush
    Phil Brennan, NewsMax.com
    Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2004

In a statement made Monday to NewsMax.com, Nancy Reagan said she was strongly endorsing President Bush's re-election and rejected a published Internet report that she was not backing his run for a second term.

Joanne Drake, the chief of staff for former President Ronald Reagan’s office in Los Angeles, said in a statement on behalf of the former first lady, “Mrs. Reagan supports President Bush’s re-election 150 percent.”

Published reports have suggested that Mrs. Reagan was unhappy with President Bush for his opposition to taxpayer-funded stem cell research that kills human embryos, which Mrs. Reagan has supported after her husband’s long bout with Alzheimer’s disease.

Mrs. Reagan’s son Ron spoke last week at the Democratic National Convention. He indicated that his mother supported his speech and that she was unhappy with the Bush administration for its stand on embryonic stem cell research.

Ron Reagan gave an implicit endorsement to the Kerry-Edwards ticket, which supports taxpayer funding of that type of research, when he told his national audience, “Whatever else you do come Nov. 2, I urge you, please, cast a vote for embryonic stem cell research.”

Drake, however, noted in her statement on behalf of Mrs. Reagan, “I think everyone would understand that while she may not agree with the president on every issue, this campaign is more than just one issue – it’s about leadership, and she believes that President Bush is the right man for the job.”

Mrs. Reagan’s statement came on the heels of a report published Friday on the Web site capitolhillblue.com.

That story, headlined "Nancy Reagan to Bush: 'We Don't Support Your Re-Election,'" quoted a “spokesman” for Mrs. Reagan as telling the site, "Mrs. Reagan does not support President Bush’s re-election and neither do most members of the President’s family."

Drake also denied the Web site’s claim that Mrs. Reagan told Republican leaders she wanted nothing to do with the party or President Bush, or that she "went ballistic" when she learned the Bush campaign was test marketing ads that used Reagan’s photos and speeches in an effort to show he supported Bush and his re-election.

Capitolhillblue.com also claimed that Mrs. Reagan called Republican Party chief Ed Gillespie to demand the ads be destroyed.

“The quote that appeared in Capitol Hill Blue is incorrect,” Drake said on behalf of Mrs. Reagan. “Further, I do not know where the information came from [indicating that] the former first lady went ballistic when she read the Bush campaign was test marketing new ads. She did not speak to Ed Gillespie on the telephone and demand the ads be destroyed ...”

By endorsing President Bush’s re-election, Mrs. Reagan joins President Reagan’ elder son, Michael, who has already announced his strong support for the president's re-election. Michael will be speaking at the GOP convention in New York.
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Newshax vs Capitol Hill Blue??

Neither is really considered a primary news source.

Sounds like this one remains an open question
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• diamondD
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Only to a closed mind.
      Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

I'm the Devil. Nobody has more of an open mind than me

Comment

• JCOOK

This old lady just lost her husband-- not just anybody RONALD REAGAN for gods' sake. they were in the public eye for along time HOW ABOUT LEAVING HER ALONE AND LET HER GRIEVE FOR HER HUSBAND, She has earned the right

Comment

• tobinentinc
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2004

Why would she vote democrat anyway?? It's just the stem cell issue that's she's against the president. After all, her husband was one of the greatest Republican president's ever.
            http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Nancy hates the BCE and has for quite a while now. And it's not just the stem cell issue.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

And yet she still "strongly" endorses President Bush...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                  And yet she still "strongly" endorses President Bush...
                  Maybe not. I still haven't seen any confirmation on that, and NewsHax ain't gonna cut it. The fact that FAUX is **not** running with this makes it even more suspicious, since Reagan worship is a religious practice over there.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Oh, just wait a day. Surely somebody will pick up on this and try to interview her.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Re: Nancy Reagan Strongly Endorses President Bush

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
                      Joanne Drake, the chief of staff for former President Ronald Reagan’s office in Los Angeles, said in a statement on behalf of the former first lady, “Mrs. Reagan supports President Bush’s re-election 150 percent.”

see. this IS clearly made up. it's not possible to support somebody "150" %...

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2004

Re: Re: Nancy Reagan Strongly Endorses President Bush

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                        see. this IS clearly made up. it's not possible to support somebody "150" %...
                        Yeah I hate that.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I dunno, I support Diamond Dave 200%.

Comment

• Wayne L.

I knew Nancy Reagan was voting for President Bush in this year's election which isn't news at all despite the stem cell controversy.

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                              I dunno, I support Diamond Dave 200%.
                              As the owner of David Lee Roth's soul since June 6, 1976, I support him 666%

Comment

Working...