Why is Dave keeping a low profile?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave IS VH

Why is Dave keeping a low profile?

No Summer tour, no new Album, or interviews about the whole Van Hagar saga.

Dave is staying home while Van Hagar goes on the road on their fucked up reunion tour. Scamming fans over with ticket promotions, Spammy doing Roth Era songs on said tour, and the VH brothers releasing Best of Both Worlds, which is a very pro Hagar album.

Where is Dave? other then the 4th of July performance and the New Years Eve Orlando Date, Dave has been keeping out of the lime light.

Is he pissed off deep down Eddie choose Spammy over him, just tired of show business and taking time off to enjoy life, or Does Dave even give a Shit about the Van Hagar reunion? When I first heard about the whole Van Hagar reunion, I thought for sure Dave would go on tour this summer or record a new album to counteract it.
  • Snow Ho
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

i don't know why he is keepin hte low profile but anything posted here on him from emt to pops is way more enjoyable than van hagar, but sammy is so irritating and hideous i really enjoy the rips on him. should keep me enertained at least until dave does something.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
      Commando
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
      Is he pissed off deep down Eddie choose Spammy over him...
      Pissed off?

No... Dave was the first choice, see, but they could not come to terms.

Sam was second choice, and agreed to be the "hired hand front man" for the tour and nothing more.

It's all a big sham, really, a money grab.

Dave is apparently of the mindset that they'll do it right, or not at all.

Good for him.
      <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
        Foot Soldier
        • Jun 2004

right or not at all? or that he wasnt getting a big enough part of the money. who knows why things broke off with him and edward in 2000?

Comment

• fanofdave
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

i'd bet dave has something in the mix.
          dave's plans don't revolve around the
          van haggis boys.

"...outside the wire, something's moving...."

Comment

• knuckleboner
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
            right or not at all? or that he wasnt getting a big enough part of the money. who knows why things broke off with him and edward in 2000?
            you're right, who REALLY knows?

but it SEEMS like dave's always said he wants his 1/4.

my guess is it wasn't the money that was the problem as much as the control. who picks what music the band uses? who decides the first single? who has editorial control over the lyrics? etc.

dave wanted it like it was up to 1984; ed wanted it like it was for VHIII.

neither budged, at least enough. ed blamed the lawyers.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fanofdave
              i'd bet dave has something in the mix.
              dave's plans don't revolve around the
              van haggis boys.

"...outside the wire, something's moving...."
              lol....can't wait for the ol' Van Hagar barn to burn down, so we can see that Classic Moon.....
              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• lafours
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2004

looks like Dave's still in NYC, training for his EMT certification and partying in the Hamptons..

from Marksfriggin.com

Howard talked about going to dinner with Dominic Barbara out in The Hamptons. He said he's done with Dominic but Beth invited him to a party she had out there. Beth is on the cover of Hamptons Magazine and they threw a party for her. Beth told Howard that he embarrassed Dominic at the dinner out there. Howard said he asked Dominic if he knew everyone's name at their table because he has been out with all of them and has hung out with them. He only knew half of the people's names. He wondered how someone could hang out with people like that and not learn their names. He doesn't even know Beth's last name, he pronounced it ''Otrosky'' instead of Ostrosky. Howard said that was close enough for him though.

The publisher of Hamptons Magazine, Jason Binn, showed up to the party with David Lee Roth that night at dinner. Howard tried to hook Dominic's wife with David Lee and got a bunch of pictures of them together. Howard had to get his picture taken with a bunch of people there as well as getting interviewed. He said he was drunk that night and doesn't remember if he was making sense as he was being interviewed.

Dominic Barbara called in and said he was amazed at how much David Lee Roth is into this Emergency Medical Technician work that he's doing now. Howard pointed out how that's the only other person Dominic was talking to at the party because he seems to think that he's a celebrity himself. Howard also brought up how Dominic didn't know people's names at the party even though he had hung out with them before. Dominic said that's a problem he's had for a long time. He's really bad with names. He can remember trial details but not people's names. Howard said Dominic fell asleep at the club they went to after the party. Dominic said he's an old man and that's why he fell asleep at the club.

Comment

• tobinentinc
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

Is no news good news??
                  http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• Northern Girl
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
                    Where is Dave?
                    He's fucking your girlfriend.
                    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Northern Girl
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

then he's coming to my house
                      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
                        Right or not at all......let's address that comment. "Right" is Dave coming back as a n equal partner with a say in everything associated with the tour and any recording sessions. He's the boss and always will be. He will never be back IMO, because he just wont kiss the sisters vaginas.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                          He's the boss and always will be. He will never be back IMO, because he just wont kiss the sisters vaginas.
                          amen...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Snow Ho
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                            Right or not at all......let's address that comment. "Right" is Dave coming back as a n equal partner with a say in everything associated with the tour and any recording sessions. He's the boss and always will be. He will never be back IMO, because he just wont kiss the sisters vaginas.
                            and god bless him too!

Comment

• Mezro
                              Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman

No... Dave was the first choice, see, but they could not come to terms.

Sam was second choice, and agreed to be the "hired hand front man" for the tour and nothing more.

It's all a big sham, really, a money grab.

Dave is apparently of the mindset that they'll do it right, or not at all.

Good for him.
                              What always wrinkles my genetic laundry bag is that the brothers keep trying to low ball Dave.

Why should he ever settle for something less than his quarter share of the action?

Mezro...Sam took the "hired gun" slot because he is a tampon sucking blood one last time...
                              Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

Working...