PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry....DOPEY FOOL!

distortion9
08-03-2004, 02:41 PM
John Kerry, defending "gay rights" before a black audience, explained that when "Mr King gets dragged behind a truck down [in] Texas by chains and his body is mutilated only because he's gay, I think that's a matter of rights in the United States of America." James Byrd was dragged behind a truck and murdered in Texas. Rodney King was beaten by police in Los Angeles. Neither man was gay.

Satan
08-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Source?

Satan
08-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Here's the actual quote, in context..........

Early during the forum's question-and-answer period, an African-American woman stood up and asked Kerry to take her side in insisting that the cause of gay rights should not be mixed with the civil rights movement.

The senator replied by briefly noting his support of preserving marriage for a man and a woman, but then began making a full-throated defense of civil rights for gays and lesbians -- recalling how minorities were once denied entrance to universities, and insisting that just as the Equal Protection Clause protected them, so, too, should it protect the rights of homosexuals.

At one point he compared the "crucifixion of Matthew Shepard," the Wyoming 21-year-old who was beaten, tied to a fence, and left to die in the fall of 1998, with the dragging death of an African-American Texan, James Byrd Jr., whose murder earlier in 1998 sparked new efforts for hate crimes legislation.

Kerry, in his remarks, however, misstated Byrd's last name, and referred to Byrd's sexuality when he meant to refer to his race.

"Let me tell you something, when Matthew Shepard gets crucified on a fence in Wyoming because, because, only because he was gay," Kerry said, "and Mr. King gets dragged behind a truck down Texas by chains and his body is mutilated only because he's gay, I think that's a matter of rights in the United States of America." Despite the slipups, his remarks drew strong applause from the predominantly African-American audience of 700.

BTW, this was back in March, so it's kinda old news now, dontcha think?

link (http://www.boston.com/news/specials/gay_marriage/articles/2004/03/08/kerry_compares_black_gay_struggles?pg=2)

JCOOK
08-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Rodney King and Larry Byrd were gay... I thought they were football players.

Satan
08-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Larry Bird was a basketball player, and as far as I know, he's still white. And if Rodney King had been a football player he would have been able to break the tackle of the LAPD.

JCOOK
08-03-2004, 04:59 PM
So what youre saying is that Rodney King who is gay played football for the LAPD.....

distortion9
08-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Wait...now I'm confused. Didn't Martin Luther King play baseball for the LAPD?

knuckleboner
08-03-2004, 06:16 PM
no, martin luther king played, "officer ball" on "NYPD blue."

JCOOK
08-04-2004, 09:56 PM
MMM WAFLES