Roth going back to Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rothisajoke

Roth going back to Las Vegas

Roth returns to Las Vegas. MelodicRock.com has the story of DLR returning to Vegas to do show. Yikes.
  • John Holmes

Dave is a great artist. I am sure that, if the stars aren't against him as happened in 1994, he will be very succesful with this second stint.

All my best wishes to the mighty Diamond Dave.

John Holmes

Comment

• Polk High
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

i hope this isn't true
      We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• Sarge
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Former Van Halen star David Lee Roth is joining Sheena Easton, Wayne Newton and Celine Dion in landing his own Las Vegas show.

The colorful "Jump" rocker is in negotiations to star in his own X-rated long-term show in Vegas.

The producers of topless revue X are the brains behind the venture.

Spokeswoman Angela Sampras says, "We are creating a whole new show for David. With our creative genius and his talent for comedy, I think we can have yet another hit show."

ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
        The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
        [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Sarge
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Nothing official.
          Since this is from a radio station we can chalk this up to "Pure Speculation" until we hear anything real.
          ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
          The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
          [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I hope he doesnt do this, I was never into the whole Dave Vegas thing.....He can do better, like release a new album with the band he has now, time to go back to kick ass rock n roll.....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Chris Lee

I dont know, I dont think its all that terrible for Roth to head back to Vegas. I like him as a showman. He fits in perfect there. Plus they're talking x-rated so at least he wont have his hands tied like the first swing around. Plus Im sure the cash flow is getting low. So I say any Dave is good Dave for me!
              Wasn't he planning on doing something with the guys from Metalica this year? Something about him throwing 1 million of his own money into some project?

Comment

• TMR

Cool.......Las Vegas!!
                X-rated show is DAVE all the way!

Comment

• Diva Lee Roth

There was also something about this in the Las Vegas Sun.
                  Dave + Las Vegas = X-rated? Hmmmm....interesting equation!!! I can't wait to see what happens next...

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Chris Lee

Wasn't he planning on doing something with the guys from Metalica this year? Something about him throwing 1 million of his own money into some project?
                    God, I hope not, I bet that is some bullshit rumour......
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• knuckleboner
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

if it's a hard rock - dave show. great. dave's the party. las vegas is the party.

keep the ticket prices reasonable, not too large an audience capacity.

happy hour's 5-till february and the party's at 7PM thursday thru sunday.

Comment

• rothisajoke

This will never happen. Roth will never pay for any top notch musicians. Forget about Vai, Sheehan, etc. The same reason Lowery left for Manson and why Dave continues to work with no-names is because Dave pays these guys close to nothing. If this was 1986, I'm sure these guys wouldn't care because of the name recognition but that's gone now and has been gone since Becker.
                        I can understand why people adore DLR for what he's done over his career (VH/early EEAS days) but the guy just isn't the same persona. Isn't anyone curious that the guy is getting sued or suing someone else for money an awful lot lately? Now this Vegas thing and anything else to make a buck?
                        Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him get a real band and go nuts but I just don't see it happening.

Originally posted by Full Bug
                        I hope he doesnt do this, I was never into the whole Dave Vegas thing.....He can do better, like release a new album with the band he has now, time to go back to kick ass rock n roll.....

Comment

• alexpgrimes
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

Maybe he can do a few shows with Wayne Newton or Tom Jones. That would be interesting...lol
                          If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Dont Ziegfried and Roy need a new cat tamer ??
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Full Bug
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                              Dont Ziegfried and Roy need a new cat tamer ??
                              If anyone can tame pussy, its Roth.....

Comment

Working...