• DLR'sCock
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

McCain Condemns Anti-Kerry Ad

McCain Condemns Anti-Kerry Ad
    By Ron Fournier
    The Associated Press

Thursday 05 August 2004

McCain calls ad criticizing Kerry's military service 'dishonest and dishonorable.'
    Washington - Republican Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, called an ad criticizing John Kerry's military service "dishonest and dishonorable" and urged the White House on Thursday to condemn it as well.

"It was the same kind of deal that was pulled on me," McCain said in an interview with The Associated Press, referring to his bitter Republican primary fight with President Bush.

The 60-second ad features Vietnam veterans who accuse the Democratic presidential nominee of lying about his decorated Vietnam War record and betraying his fellow veterans by later opposing the conflict.

"When the chips were down, you could not count on John Kerry," one of the veterans, Larry Thurlow, says in the ad.

The ad, scheduled to air in a few markets in Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin, was produced by Stevens, Reed, Curcio and Potham, the same team that produced McCain's ads in 2000.

"I wish they hadn't done it," McCain said of his former advisers. "I don't know if they knew all the facts."

Asked if the White House knew about the ad or helped find financing for it, McCain said, "I hope not, but I don't know. But I think the Bush campaign should specifically condemn the ad."

Later, McCain said the Bush campaign has denied any involvement and added, "I can't believe the president would pull such a cheap stunt."

The White House did not immediately address McCain's call that they repudiate the spot.

Steve Schmidt, a spokesman for the Bush-Cheney campaign, said Kerry's record and statements on the war on terrorism - not his service in Vietnam - are fair game. "The Bush campaign never has and will never question John Kerry's service in Vietnam," he said.

In 2000, Bush's supporters sponsored a rumor campaign against McCain in the South Carolina primary, helping Bush win the primary and the nomination. McCain's supporters have never forgiven the Bush team.

McCain said that's all in the past to him, but he's speaking out against the anti-Kerry ad because he believes it's bad for the political system. "It reopens all the old wounds of the Vietnam War, which I spent the last 35 years trying to heal," he said.

"I deplore this kind of politics. I think the ad is dishonest and dishonorable. As it is, none of these individuals served on the boat (Kerry) commanded. Many of his crew have testified to his courage under fire. I think John Kerry served honorably in Vietnam. I think George Bush served honorably in the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War."

McCain himself spent more than five years in a Vietnam prisoner of war camp. A bona fide war hero, McCain, like Kerry, used his war record as the foundation of his presidential campaign.

The Kerry campaign has denounced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, saying none of the men in the ad served on the boat that Kerry commanded. The leader of the group, retired Adm. Roy Hoffmann, said none of the 13 veterans in the commercial served on Kerry's boat but rather were in other swiftboats within 50 yards of Kerry's.

Jim Rassmann, an Army veteran who was saved by Kerry, said there were only six crewmates who served with Kerry on his boat. Five support his candidacy and one is deceased.

-------

Jump to TO Features for Friday August 6, 2004
    Last edited by DLR'sCock; 08-05-2004, 01:38 PM.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

McCain raises a valid point.

Kerry is now the third Vietnam Vet that Junior has run against, and he has trashed the military service of all three (Gore was the second).

Pretty thin ice for a DESERTER to be skating on, don'tcha think?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
      Commando
      • Mar 2004

I would not be surprised that the Bush Campaign condemns this ad too. Remember, the Bush campaing did not put this out there.

This is a 521-C (I think that's the nomenclature) - the left has hundreds of these out there like moveon.org etc etc etc ad nauseum. The Right has nowhere near the amount of these that the Lef tdoes. George Soros has pumped many millions into this. As far as I know some guy in Texas has put about $500,000 into this swift boat vets against Kerry.

In the end the right will fight like the left does if it has to.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Bullshit, the Left is finally fighting the way the fucking Right Wing nutjobs do....

It will be a slugfest to the end....

Comment

• wraytw

Nice spin, Cock.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Bullshit.....it's been the fucking truth for a long time...

Comment

• wraytw

I bet it Bush's fault that you can't get it up anymore, also?

Comment

• Mezro
                Full Member Status

• May 2004

John McCain is a class act; he would have made a much better President than GWB.

Mezro...you can say what you want about Kerry, at least he served while GWB played rich boy dodge ball...
                Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by wraytw
                  I bet it Bush's fault that you can't get it up anymore, also?
                  Well, it IS kinda funny that the latest pharmaceutical solution for such difficulties, heavily advertised on TV begins with the letters CIA
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                    Bullshit, the Left is finally fighting the way the fucking Right Wing nutjobs do....

It will be a slugfest to the end....

So then what are you fucking whining about? You got all your Hollywood weirdos and musicians. Quit your fuckin' bitchin' you damned candy ass! :p
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

blow me...ther'es no bitchin' just action, and Bush losing in 2004, and the repukes losing the senate in 2004....

why don't you go and do your favorite thing like murder someones family or destroy the life savings or some hard working americans...

Americans have had enough of this bullshit...

Last edited by DLR'sCock; 08-05-2004, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• wraytw

I'm glad to see that you speak for everyone, dipshit.

Now quit being such a fucking puss and get back to drinking that Kool-Aid.
                        Last edited by wraytw; 08-05-2004, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Funny thing happenned this afternoon.....

Seems the right wing media has suddennly discovered this ad is a "bad thing" for the Bush Jr campaign. Brit Hume, Charles Shithammer and Bill O'Reichly have all condemned it so far.

My guess is that they know the REAL story is about to break. And I'm just guessing here, but it's a damn good guess.......

The guy behind this ad, John O'Neill? Guess what his middle name is?

Ellis.

Sound familiar?

As in.........

John Ellis - the FAUX News executive who called Florida for Junior prematurely.

John Ellis Bush (Jeb) - governor of Florida.

Could John Ellis O'Neill be a relative of the BCE??

It's no secret that the BCE recycles names a lot. 2 Prescotts, 2 Barbs, 2 Jennas, and more Georges than any family could possibly know what to do with. And that's only within the last century.

As closet boy Drudge likes to say, developing...........
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

You be's crazy...

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How many people do YOU know with the middle name "Ellis"?

If it's a coincidence, it's one HELL of a coincidence
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...