PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams wants to return to the NFL!

WARF
08-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Dolphins: Ricky would ponder return with Raiders

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, August 5, 2004

News
According to the Miami Herald, retired running back Ricky Williams told Sports Illustrated that he would "love it" if he got the chance to come back to the NFL with the Oakland Raiders. He said California would be the only place he would consider playing because the "crazy fans who would expect a weirdo" would accept him. Last week, according the Herald, Williams said the prospect of playing in Oakland was "interesting," after hearing rumors that the Raiders would give up a first round pick to the Dolphins for the rights to Williams.

Views
More weird news out of the Williams camp. Apparently, Ricky is not aware that he can't smoke dope and still play in the NFL, even if he is in California. Even if the Raiders were able to wrest Ricky's rights from the Fish, Williams would also incur a fine and possible suspension if he did return to the league after failing multiple drug tests.

knuckleboner
08-05-2004, 05:07 PM
yeah, but see, he's caught in the ol' catch 34...uh...i mean catch-22.

he retires so he can concentrate more time on smoking dope. but now he don't have the same income to buy the dope. so it's back to the grind. for the dope.

Figs
08-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Now I think it's ok to call him a jerk. He shouldn't be allowed to play for someone else unless the Dolphins get some kind of restitution.

rustoffa
08-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Jano could help him out with the drug tests.

Lou
08-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Now I think it's ok to call him a jerk. He shouldn't be allowed to play for someone else unless the Dolphins get some kind of restitution.

Don't worry. By rule he's still Dolphins property for the remainder of whatever his contract was. So the Raiders would have to trade for him.
Though why anyone would want this loser is beyond me.

Snoo
08-05-2004, 09:11 PM
His contract is for three more years, including this one.

WARF
08-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
yeah, but see, he's caught in the ol' catch 34...uh...i mean catch-22.

he retires so he can concentrate more time on smoking dope. but now he don't have the same income to buy the dope. so it's back to the grind. for the dope.

I highly doubt his millions of dollars isn't enough to buy a $10 bag of reefer!

WARF
08-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Lou
why anyone would want this loser is beyond me.

This loser is better than the running back commitee of Gardner and wheatley.

Lou
08-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Alright you know that if he returns he's suspended for four games, right? I don't care if Ricky Williams' talent is better than the RB's Oakland has, he quit on one team and he'll probably quit on another. Ricky Williams truly is a cancer.

knuckleboner
08-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I highly doubt his millions of dollars isn't enough to buy a $10 bag of reefer!

it was just a joke, bro!

though, when you gotta fly back and forth to thailand every time you want a dime bag, maybe it does get a little pricey...

POJO_Risin
08-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Alright you know that if he returns he's suspended for four games, right? I don't care if Ricky Williams' talent is better than the RB's Oakland has, he quit on one team and he'll probably quit on another. Ricky Williams truly is a cancer.

A Cancer Lou? Shit...that was probably the happiest fucking Locker Room in the NFL with Ricky...

ALinChainz
08-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Lou

In the Rumor Mill this morning, there is talk that he may NOT receive a 4 game suspension, because they are going into negotiations on their next TV deal and want all the star power they can.

Even his negative press is press nevertheless, and would attract viewers.

He would still have a lot to prove and his only shot is with a team other than Miami.

POJO_Risin
08-07-2004, 01:31 PM
You know...it's funny...

I read a rumor in the paper here a couple of days ago saying that the NFL told him to retire and come back...fits with what you are saying Al...

ALinChainz
08-07-2004, 02:41 PM
I liked Ricky's reason for wanting to play for them.

Out in California, they expect you to be WEIRD.

Something to that effect.

POJO_Risin
08-07-2004, 02:47 PM
What a dipshit...

He reminds me of Brian Williams..the guy who disappeared and/or was killed on his boat...by his brother...

just a total fucking enigma...

ALinChainz
08-07-2004, 02:56 PM
YOU just didn't hear Ricky complaining 2 seasons ago when he rushed for 1800+ yards.

Last season he gets the ball MORE, rushes for LESS, and now it's a problem for him.

Watch Sage Rosenfels rises up and takes the starting QB job.

Wanny is gone-y.

Lou
08-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Really, I can't believe anyone would want a quitter on their team. To walk away from the Dolphins THE WEEK BEFORE TRAINING CAMP is shitty beyond belief. If he was going to retire, he should have done it at least a couple of months ago.

Sorry guys, I don't want someone like that on my team.

Starwood
08-08-2004, 02:25 AM
NEWS FLASH - Every NFL player wants to be a Raider. Every fuckin one of em.

Starwood
08-08-2004, 02:32 AM
Join the club, Ricky...

rustoffa
08-08-2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Starwood
NEWS FLASH - Every NFL player wants to be a Raider. Every fuckin one of em.

rustoffa thinks that's some truth-filled smackdown baby.

Oh yeah, numbas 32 and 34......some heavyweight stuff.

Switch84
08-08-2004, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Figs

:rolleyes: What a shithead he is! I've never liked his dreadlock-wearing bitch ass anyway! I say he should stay out of the NFL.

Damn, how broke could he be if he can't afford weed?

Weird, he says? How about GAY?

LMMFAOBT!

POJO_Risin
08-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Dolphins are now going after some money from Ricky...and they'll get it...

Sunday, August 8, 2004

The Dolphins want payback from Ricky Williams. Literally.

An angry Wayne Huizenga will try to recoup more than $5 million paid in incentive money to the retired Williams over the last two years, a source close to the Dolphins owner told the Miami Herald on Saturday.

''Wayne is incredibly [angry] about what Ricky did,'' the source told the newspaper. "He has his lawyers together, and he's going after all the money the team paid Ricky. He wants to make sure this never happens again."

Huizenga could not be reached for comment by the newspaper.

Last month, Williams suddenly retired after five seasons in the NFL, stunning the Dolphins and the league. The Dolphins now have to try to figure out how to replace Williams' 1,372 rushing yards of last season. To make matters worse, the Dolphins lost receiver David Boston earlier this month with a knee injury.

Under the conditions of the revised contract Williams signed before the 2002 season, the Dolphins can seek reimbursement of any incentives he earned if he retired early or held out.

Williams earned approximately $5.3 million in incentives from the Dolphins during the past two years.

Before he filed retirement paperwork with the NFL, Williams talked about filing for bankruptcy and letting the team come after the money in court. He said coming after a man with three children might be embarrassing to the team.

JCOOK
08-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Been a Raider fan since i was a kid dont' like quitters

knuckleboner
08-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
What a dipshit...

He reminds me of Brian Williams..the guy who disappeared and/or was killed on his boat...by his brother...

just a total fucking enigma...

uh, you mean, "bison dele," as i believe he came to be called...;)

POJO_Risin
08-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah...whatever...lmfao...

How about..."Shark bait"