• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sgt Schultz
    Commando
    • Mar 2004

Hypocrite Kerry 'Couldn't Think' for 40 Minutes on 9/11

Hypocrite Kerry 'Couldn't Think' for 40 Minutes on 9/11

John Kerry is getting his comeuppance for his snotty comments about President Bush's actions on 9/11.

Here's what the Massachusetts Democrat said July 8 when Larry King asked where he was on 9/11, according to CNN's own transcript:

'Nobody Could Think'

"I was in the Capitol. We'd just had a meeting - we'd just come into a leadership meeting in Tom Daschle's office, looking out at the Capitol. And as I came in, Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think, and then boom, right behind us, we saw the cloud of explosion at the Pentagon. And then word came from the White House, they were evacuating, and we were to evacuate, and so we immediately began the evacuation."

How appropriate that Kerry lumps himself in with fellow left-wing non-thinkers such as Boxer, Daschle and Reid.

Thanks to the several readers today who sent us this fascinating bit from Blog for Bush: "the second plane hit the World Trade Center at 9:03 a.m., and the plane hit the Pentagon at 9:43 a.m. By Kerry's own words, he and his fellow senators sat there for forty minutes, realizing 'nobody could think.'"

And here's what former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani told the New York Post about Kerry's latest display of insolence:

"John Kerry must be frustrated in his campaign if he is armchair-quarterbacking based on cues from Michael Moore.

"John Kerry is an indecisive candidate [with] an inconsistent position on the War on Terror, who voted against funding for our troops and who cannot give a clear answer on his position concerning the decision to remove Saddam Hussein."
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

And this asshole is critical of George Bush taking seven minutes to react ???

Comment

• JCOOK

Surprised? I think not

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

there is a subtle difference:

as a senator, john kerry was not required to act at that moment.

the commander in chief was.

i haven't seen the movie, nor have i paid too much attention to this issue, so i can't say that bush dropped the ball on his responsibilities.

but theoretically, his duties and kerry's were different that day.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There's a major difference. Despite all their fraudulent claims to the contrary, the BCE did in fact know that something was going on
          • Jeb signed a bill on September 7th allowing him to instantly declare martial law and deploy the National Guard in the event of an emergency.

The resort where Junior stayed the night of September 10 was equipped with surface to air missiles on the roof. This was not "standard operating procedure" for presidential road trips at the time.

There was a story circulating for a while that a van full of Arabic men, posing as a TV news crew attempted an "interview" with Junior early on the morning of 9-11 which they were turned away from. This was thought of as a potential assassination threat at the time.

For these three reasons alone - and there were plenty of others, Junior arguably endangered the lives of every child in that school by showing up there in the first place, and knowingly did so after the attacks had begun.

Unless, of course, he knew that he would never be a target of the terrorists, because they were working for the BCE.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Getting dizzy again...

This time KB's pushing the carousel too!

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

what? why, allow me to cross examine...

tell me there's not a difference in responsibilities.

mind you, i never said bush acted (or lack there of) improperly.

but the actions to be taken that day were solely by the president. the senators (and reps) didn't need to do anything.

we were under military attack and the head of the military needed to act. now, i'll give you he DID act at some point. and i'm not saying he waited too long.

but if kerry took the whole day off, not that big a deal. if bush took the whole day off, big problems. (mind you, i'm not saying 7 minutes is too much, if it even was 7 minutes.)

but it's still comparing apples and oranges (or donkeys and elephants...) to say that bush's and kerry's actions on 9/11 were analogous.

your witness...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Some would say that Bush DID take the whole day off - or at least most of it - by using Air Force One to play a giant game of hopscotch halfway across the country. Even Poppy himself reportedly called his son (after wrapping up his Carlyle board meeting with Osama's brother) and said "Junior, get your ASS back to Washington!!"

Kerry might have taken some time to think, but I don't recall him finding the first bus out of town.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah, but Kerry's referring to leadership characteristics in general really. He's saying he's a better leader than George Bush, and using this ridiculous 7-minute time frame as an example of just how he's a better leader.

So, it's only natural to see how "The New JFK" acted that day. Not as a Senator mind you, but as a "leader" (or even just a human being).

He reacted fine, if you ask me, as a human. But he certainly showed no great leadership during the hours and days following the attack. If he had (ala Rudy Guiliani), you could at least put some credence in his criticism of President Bush. But he didn't, so I won't.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

dem memebers of the 9-11 commison have praised bush for staying calm on 9-11

Comment

• distortion9
                      Sniper
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD

The resort where Junior stayed the night of September 10 was equipped with surface to air missiles on the roof. This was not "standard operating procedure" for presidential road trips at the time.

I thought he was behind 9/11?....The obvious next question would be, why does he need missles to protect himself?
                      http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Comment

• knuckleboner
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                        Yeah, but Kerry's referring to leadership characteristics in general really. He's saying he's a better leader than George Bush, and using this ridiculous 7-minute time frame as an example of just how he's a better leader.

So, it's only natural to see how "The New JFK" acted that day. Not as a Senator mind you, but as a "leader" (or even just a human being).

He reacted fine, if you ask me, as a human. But he certainly showed no great leadership during the hours and days following the attack. If he had (ala Rudy Guiliani), you could at least put some credence in his criticism of President Bush. But he didn't, so I won't.

still, though, a senator had no place being a leader on 9/11. too many cooks spoil the broth, and all. it was bush's play. (again, i'm not criticizing him for his play. i think, overall, he did a fine job). but no one wanted to see kerry step up and say, "no, no, THIS is what we should be doing."

mind you, kerry's criticism of bush's inactivity during 7 minutes might indeed be baseless.

i just think that calling kerry a hypocrite for his own inactivity is also baseless. call him incorrect. (or a moron...) but i don't think it's hypocritical.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by distortion9
                          I thought he was behind 9/11?....The obvious next question would be, why does he need missles to protect himself?
                          Makes a good cover story.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                            If he had (ala Rudy Guiliani), you could at least put some credence in his criticism of President Bush. But he didn't, so I won't.
                            Rudy Guiliani was the mayor of NYC. Leadership was required of him at that moment, at the local level. He stepped up and did an admirable job.

Leadership was required of Junior on a national level. He crawled into a hole in Nebraska.

Leadership wasn't required of Kerry at that time, so his reaction didn't have to be anything other than that of any other normal American.

Kerry's comments in the speech were in reference to what he would have done - as President - in that situation, where leadership of the country would be a requirement. And sitting in a classroom with a vacant stare on your face pretending to read a book about a goat is NOT the correct response.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• lucky wilbury

and what would have kerry done from florida on that day? my guess NOTHING. nothing you could do being that far out of the loop so to speak. no jokes ford. that where the layers of the government took over. when the pres isn't there the vp takes over. if he's not around the the SOTH takes over so on and so fourth

Comment

Working...