PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrite Kerry 'Couldn't Think' for 40 Minutes on 9/11

Sgt Schultz
08-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Hypocrite Kerry 'Couldn't Think' for 40 Minutes on 9/11

John Kerry is getting his comeuppance for his snotty comments about President Bush's actions on 9/11.

Here's what the Massachusetts Democrat said July 8 when Larry King asked where he was on 9/11, according to CNN's own transcript:

'Nobody Could Think'

"I was in the Capitol. We'd just had a meeting - we'd just come into a leadership meeting in Tom Daschle's office, looking out at the Capitol. And as I came in, Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think, and then boom, right behind us, we saw the cloud of explosion at the Pentagon. And then word came from the White House, they were evacuating, and we were to evacuate, and so we immediately began the evacuation."

How appropriate that Kerry lumps himself in with fellow left-wing non-thinkers such as Boxer, Daschle and Reid.

Thanks to the several readers today who sent us this fascinating bit from Blog for Bush: "the second plane hit the World Trade Center at 9:03 a.m., and the plane hit the Pentagon at 9:43 a.m. By Kerry's own words, he and his fellow senators sat there for forty minutes, realizing 'nobody could think.'"

And here's what former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani told the New York Post about Kerry's latest display of insolence:

"John Kerry must be frustrated in his campaign if he is armchair-quarterbacking based on cues from Michael Moore.

"John Kerry is an indecisive candidate [with] an inconsistent position on the War on Terror, who voted against funding for our troops and who cannot give a clear answer on his position concerning the decision to remove Saddam Hussein."

ELVIS
08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
And this asshole is critical of George Bush taking seven minutes to react ???

JCOOK
08-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Surprised? I think not

knuckleboner
08-06-2004, 11:15 AM
there is a subtle difference:

as a senator, john kerry was not required to act at that moment.

the commander in chief was.

i haven't seen the movie, nor have i paid too much attention to this issue, so i can't say that bush dropped the ball on his responsibilities.

but theoretically, his duties and kerry's were different that day.

FORD
08-06-2004, 11:29 AM
There's a major difference. Despite all their fraudulent claims to the contrary, the BCE did in fact know that something was going on

Jeb signed a bill on September 7th allowing him to instantly declare martial law and deploy the National Guard in the event of an emergency.

The resort where Junior stayed the night of September 10 was equipped with surface to air missiles on the roof. This was not "standard operating procedure" for presidential road trips at the time.

There was a story circulating for a while that a van full of Arabic men, posing as a TV news crew attempted an "interview" with Junior early on the morning of 9-11 which they were turned away from. This was thought of as a potential assassination threat at the time.

For these three reasons alone - and there were plenty of others, Junior arguably endangered the lives of every child in that school by showing up there in the first place, and knowingly did so after the attacks had begun.

Unless, of course, he knew that he would never be a target of the terrorists, because they were working for the BCE.

John Ashcroft
08-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Getting dizzy again...

This time KB's pushing the carousel too!

knuckleboner
08-06-2004, 11:51 AM
what? why, allow me to cross examine...;)

tell me there's not a difference in responsibilities.

mind you, i never said bush acted (or lack there of) improperly.

but the actions to be taken that day were solely by the president. the senators (and reps) didn't need to do anything.

we were under military attack and the head of the military needed to act. now, i'll give you he DID act at some point. and i'm not saying he waited too long.

but if kerry took the whole day off, not that big a deal. if bush took the whole day off, big problems. (mind you, i'm not saying 7 minutes is too much, if it even was 7 minutes.)

but it's still comparing apples and oranges (or donkeys and elephants...) to say that bush's and kerry's actions on 9/11 were analogous.

your witness...

FORD
08-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Some would say that Bush DID take the whole day off - or at least most of it - by using Air Force One to play a giant game of hopscotch halfway across the country. Even Poppy himself reportedly called his son (after wrapping up his Carlyle board meeting with Osama's brother) and said "Junior, get your ASS back to Washington!!"

Kerry might have taken some time to think, but I don't recall him finding the first bus out of town.

John Ashcroft
08-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Yeah, but Kerry's referring to leadership characteristics in general really. He's saying he's a better leader than George Bush, and using this ridiculous 7-minute time frame as an example of just how he's a better leader.

So, it's only natural to see how "The New JFK" acted that day. Not as a Senator mind you, but as a "leader" (or even just a human being).

He reacted fine, if you ask me, as a human. But he certainly showed no great leadership during the hours and days following the attack. If he had (ala Rudy Guiliani), you could at least put some credence in his criticism of President Bush. But he didn't, so I won't.

lucky wilbury
08-06-2004, 12:53 PM
dem memebers of the 9-11 commison have praised bush for staying calm on 9-11

distortion9
08-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by FORD

The resort where Junior stayed the night of September 10 was equipped with surface to air missiles on the roof. This was not "standard operating procedure" for presidential road trips at the time.

I thought he was behind 9/11?....The obvious next question would be, why does he need missles to protect himself?

knuckleboner
08-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Yeah, but Kerry's referring to leadership characteristics in general really. He's saying he's a better leader than George Bush, and using this ridiculous 7-minute time frame as an example of just how he's a better leader.

So, it's only natural to see how "The New JFK" acted that day. Not as a Senator mind you, but as a "leader" (or even just a human being).

He reacted fine, if you ask me, as a human. But he certainly showed no great leadership during the hours and days following the attack. If he had (ala Rudy Guiliani), you could at least put some credence in his criticism of President Bush. But he didn't, so I won't.

still, though, a senator had no place being a leader on 9/11. too many cooks spoil the broth, and all. it was bush's play. (again, i'm not criticizing him for his play. i think, overall, he did a fine job). but no one wanted to see kerry step up and say, "no, no, THIS is what we should be doing."

mind you, kerry's criticism of bush's inactivity during 7 minutes might indeed be baseless.

i just think that calling kerry a hypocrite for his own inactivity is also baseless. call him incorrect. (or a moron...) but i don't think it's hypocritical.

FORD
08-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by distortion9
I thought he was behind 9/11?....The obvious next question would be, why does he need missles to protect himself?

Makes a good cover story.

FORD
08-06-2004, 01:18 PM
If he had (ala Rudy Guiliani), you could at least put some credence in his criticism of President Bush. But he didn't, so I won't.

Rudy Guiliani was the mayor of NYC. Leadership was required of him at that moment, at the local level. He stepped up and did an admirable job.

Leadership was required of Junior on a national level. He crawled into a hole in Nebraska.

Leadership wasn't required of Kerry at that time, so his reaction didn't have to be anything other than that of any other normal American.

Kerry's comments in the speech were in reference to what he would have done - as President - in that situation, where leadership of the country would be a requirement. And sitting in a classroom with a vacant stare on your face pretending to read a book about a goat is NOT the correct response.

lucky wilbury
08-06-2004, 01:22 PM
and what would have kerry done from florida on that day? my guess NOTHING. nothing you could do being that far out of the loop so to speak. no jokes ford. that where the layers of the government took over. when the pres isn't there the vp takes over. if he's not around the the SOTH takes over so on and so fourth

FORD
08-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Or if Alexander Haig is in town, he takes over.

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/usa/alexander-haig/haig_sm.jpg
I'm in control here!

lucky wilbury
08-06-2004, 01:36 PM
in that situation wouldn't you say you were in control?

FORD
08-06-2004, 01:46 PM
It wasn't Haig's position to be in control of shit. By your own admission, with Reagan shot and Poppy conveniently in Texas establishing his alibi, the guy in charge should have been Tip O Neill, the Speaker of the House.

Snow Ho
08-06-2004, 01:48 PM
There's a major difference. Despite all their fraudulent claims to the contrary, the BCE did in fact know that something was going on

Jeb signed a bill on September 7th allowing him to instantly declare martial law and deploy the National Guard in the event of an emergency.

There was a story circulating for a while that a van full of Arabic men, posing as a TV news crew attempted an "interview" with Junior early on the morning of 9-11 which they were turned away from. This was thought of as a potential assassination threat at the time.

For these three reasons alone - and there were plenty of others, Junior arguably endangered the lives of every child in that school by showing up there in the first place, and knowingly did so after the attacks had begun.

Unless, of course, he knew that he would never be a target of the terrorists, because they were working for the BCE.

this post confused the hell out of me. you mentioned the missles would be cover up but wouldn't the missles be mrore publicized if it was a cover story? and why if he was behind the attacks did he hide in a rabbit hole? if he did what guiliani did i think he would have looked better in my eyes.

John Ashcroft
08-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Leadership, or natural leaders don't need to be in positions of power to illustrate their abilities in this area.

For instance, Junior enlisted show leadership qualities all of the time, and they have essentially no authority.

I'm talking about the quality of leadership, not how you act in a position of power when situations dictate leadership. Kerry showed nothing that would validate his criticism of the President. And remember, the criticism came from Kerry (via that bloated idiot Michael Moore). This was not a response to anything the President said about Kerry's behavior on 9/11.

So, essentially what I'm saying is that if you're gonna throw down, be able to back it up with examples of your own behavior.

And saying "I would've done X, Y, and of course Z" doesn't count.

FORD
08-06-2004, 02:28 PM
How the HELL can you say Junior showed any leadership on that day?? He was hiding underground halfway across the country. And that's AFTER he potentially made a classroom of 7 year olds targets of a terrorist strike. Junior was AWOL, and it wasn't the first time.

John Ashcroft
08-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Hitting a nerve?

JCOOK
08-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Rudy works for the BCE and if the BCE was behind 911 GDUB and those kids couldnt' have been targets

FORD
08-06-2004, 04:20 PM
So you're admitting the BCE did it? Great. That's the first step toward reality.....

John Ashcroft
08-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Face it, Kerry's a panty-waste.

He's not going to win because he's a damn waffler and hypocrite. Not to mention he's condescending and arrogant. There's about oh, 25% of the hard-left that will vote for anyone but Bush, but that certainly leaves a whole bunch of voters to make up. And Kerry's not capable of doing it.

No one who doesn't hate Bush is excited for Kerry, period.

ELVIS
08-06-2004, 05:05 PM
And that's AFTER he potentially made a classroom of 7 year olds targets of a terrorist strike.

This quote blows your whole BCE conspiracy out of the water...

:elvis:

FORD
08-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
This quote blows your whole BCE conspiracy out of the water...

Notice I said potentially. Just as he made potential targets out of his own family at Citibank last weekend. Which means **IF** Al Qaeda is a real orginization of terrorists who are NOT on the BCE/CIA payroll, then the kids in Florida were targets, as were Pickles and the twins last week. And one who knowingly subjects women and children to risk of violence can not be described as an effective leader.

On the other hand, if Al Qaeda is either a figment of Bush's imagination OR on the the BCE payroll, then that makes Bush a lying, manipulating, murderous bastard. And that can also not be described as an effective leader. Or at least not the kind I want in this country.

ELVIS
08-06-2004, 05:26 PM

He's not going to win because he's a damn waffler and hypocrite. Not to mention he's condescending and arrogant.

He's also, as Rush Limbaugh says, "a charasmatic dud"...

ELVIS
08-06-2004, 05:31 PM
**IF** Al Qaeda is a real orginization of terrorists who are NOT on the BCE/CIA payroll, then the kids in Florida were targets, as were Pickles and the twins last week. And one who knowingly subjects women and children to risk of violence can not be described as an effective leader.

It is real, and anything american is a potential target...

Terrorism is real! Even the new JFK knows and believes that...

On the other hand, if Al Qaeda is either a figment of Bush's imagination OR on the the BCE payroll, then that makes Bush a lying, manipulating, murderous bastard. And that can also not be described as an effective leader. Or at least not the kind I want in this country.

That is just simply not the case, and I think deep down you know it to be truth yourself...

LoungeMachine
08-06-2004, 05:49 PM

He's not going to win because he's a damn waffler and hypocrite. .

Leave it to a neo con dolt to post "panty-waste"

iT'S PANTY WAIST

As in the ENTIRE Dubya administration is full of draft dodging panty waists

A Panty -waste, is when YOU throw away YOUR underwear due to skid marks from improper wiping.

Now on to your lame ass right wing "waffler" bullshit.

Want to talk about waffling?

Dubya doesnt want a 9/11 commission, and fights it all the way, THEN under pressure from his own party goes along with it

Dubya doesnt want to testify, THEN agrees as long as Uncle Dickie comes along

Dubya says under no circumstance will Condi testify, then turns around and lets her

Dubya in 2000 when ased about gay marriage, said THE STATES should have the final word, and the federal Gvmt should have no role whatsoever, THEN he wants a Constitutional Fuckinf Amendment banning it?

Dubya runs in 2000 on a platform of "no nation building", then proceeds to unilaterally take over the entire middle east one by one
[we're far from done]

John Ashcroft is a fucking dolt, plain and simple

lucky wilbury
08-06-2004, 05:51 PM
It wasn't Haig's position to be in control of shit. By your own admission, with Reagan shot and Poppy conveniently in Texas establishing his alibi, the guy in charge should have been Tip O Neill, the Speaker of the House.

but still you know you be right there saying you were in charge just to see if anyone would listen. i think tip was technacally in charge there for a little bit when they couldn't find bush

LoungeMachine
08-06-2004, 06:29 PM

He's not going to win because he's a damn waffler and hypocrite. Not to mention he's condescending and arrogant. There's about oh, 25% of the hard-left that will vote for anyone but Bush, but that certainly leaves a whole bunch of voters to make up. And Kerry's not capable of doing it.

No one who doesn't hate Bush is excited for Kerry, period.

I don't know who's doing your polling for you Johnnie, but I'd fire their ass if I were you.

"He's not gong to win because he's a damn waffler"?

Are you kidding me?

Take that quote with you to the voting booth come November for me, will ya?

You have a "war president", who 4 months before the election is neck and neck with the challenger, facing an economy that is less than expected / promised, who is surrounded by scandal, leaks, infighting, and a far right "base" that frankly isnt that thrilled with him.

Please, by all means, take your "he wont win waffler" stance and stand pat. You have nothing to worry about. It's a lock.

How's the view with your head that far up your ass?

This race is far from won by you guys Johnnie. But I like it when you get over confident.

Re-Defeat Bush

Ally_Kat
08-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Leave it to a neo con dolt to post "panty-waste"

iT'S PANTY WAIST

As in the ENTIRE Dubya administration is full of draft dodging panty waists

A Panty -waste, is when YOU throw away YOUR underwear due to skid marks from improper wiping.

no, no. A panty waste is what the kiddies around here say when we refer to someone being a waste of what their father put in their mom's panties. Panty Waste. Very common in the colleges where I go to.

I love how Kerry demands Bush to show all his record, yet won't release the papers on why he got his purple hearts.

Has he released them? the medi tended to drop that one but hounded Bush's

BigBadBrian
08-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by distortion9

Touche' :gulp:

Viking
08-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh, The Souffle thinks quite a bit. Unfortunately, it's always about how he can advance his career. And if it means shooting a wounded 12-year-old Vietnamese kid in a loincloth in the back to do it, then so be it, in his world.

Talk all the shit you want about Bush - Kerry is an elitest, cowardly, aggrandizing, psychotic menace to everything this country ever stood for. This fucker almost (almost) makes me wish Klinton was back in office. At least we knew what sort of deluded, amoral, tax-jacking buffoon we were dealing with, and could head him off. Kerry will get us killed.

Big Train
08-07-2004, 03:48 AM
Posted by Ford:

Notice I said potentially. Just as he made potential targets out of his own family at Citibank last weekend. Which means **IF** Al Qaeda is a real orginization of terrorists who are NOT on the BCE/CIA payroll, then the kids in Florida were targets, as were Pickles and the twins last week. And one who knowingly subjects women and children to risk of violence can not be described as an effective leader.

I feel like both of those paragraphs represent the yin and yang of your paranoia..

ELVIS
08-07-2004, 07:57 AM
That's what I was saying...

diamondD
08-07-2004, 09:28 AM
At least he's starting to bring some doubt into his own theories for a change instead of blustering how the fringe are the only people that know the truth about everything.

knuckleboner
08-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Leadership, or natural leaders don't need to be in positions of power to illustrate their abilities in this area.

For instance, Junior enlisted show leadership qualities all of the time, and they have essentially no authority.

I'm talking about the quality of leadership, not how you act in a position of power when situations dictate leadership. Kerry showed nothing that would validate his criticism of the President. And remember, the criticism came from Kerry (via that bloated idiot Michael Moore). This was not a response to anything the President said about Kerry's behavior on 9/11.

So, essentially what I'm saying is that if you're gonna throw down, be able to back it up with examples of your own behavior.

And saying "I would've done X, Y, and of course Z" doesn't count.

i hear you. but kerry, in particular SHOULDN'T have shown leadership qualities on 9/11. it would've only hurt. now, somebody wants to say that in OTHER areas, kerry has never shown leadership, so he shouldn't criticize bush on his own, fine. but this particular article says that since kerry didn't show leadership on 9/11 (when he SHOULDN'T have) that he can't criticize bush on 9/11. poor argument. that's all i'm saying.

John Ashcroft
08-07-2004, 08:47 PM
I still think you're missing my point KB...

So let me ask, did Massachussets as a state (under authority of it's two Senators) show anything remotely unique even after 9/11?

I'm not saying that John Kerry should've donned a flight suit and taken off in an F-16 moments after the first jet hit. What I'm saying is that his anecdote on what "he'd have done on 9/11" falls on deaf ears. He's supplied absolutely no evidence or support of his leadership abilities for anyone to take him seriously. If he had a record of stepping up to the plate in difficult situations, then at least the public could say "well, maybe he'd have handled it better". But he offers none. And those who've been analyzing his past as a leader realize that he's so full of shit it hurts! He isn't a leader, period. He's pretty much voted lock step with the "Senior Senator from Massachussets" since he's been a Senator. He's a Ted Kennedy sheep. Period.

So, he's asking the American public to believe that he'd have responded better on 9/11. But what has he shown that would make anyone believe him? Not just on 9/11, but througout his entire public life? OK, so he led a bunch of Vietnam protestors to Washington. So it this is what he's basing his leadership qualities on, why not say so? He could simply say, "I wasn't President on 9/11, but I'd have handled it much like I've handle the organization of protestors during Vietnam." "I'd have a "smarter" plan, where our allies (Germany and France) wouldn't have been isolated from our coalition. I'd have rallied them much like I rallied all those hippies back in the '60's and '70's" to protest Vietnam!"

At least there'd been something to base his "leadership" qualities on...

Igosplut
08-08-2004, 11:38 AM
JA, that reminds me of the slogan from years ago...

Teddy Kennedy can do for Massachusetts what he did for Mary Jo.....

Anybody own a gun??? You wont if Kerry gets in.....

FORD
08-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Igosplut

Anybody own a gun??? You wont if Kerry gets in.....

Bullshit. The NRA, KKK, and CIA spin that tired lie against every Democratic candidate. NONE of them, not even Kucinich or Nader, ever called for taking away anybody's guns.

Bottom line. criminals and psychotics have no business owning guns, so gun shows and any other seller that doesn't do background checks needs to be put out of business for good. I also don't see why anybody needs an assault rifle. Other than those common sense laws, I see nothing wrong with law abiding sane adults owning a reasonable number of firearms.

And that's MY position, not that of the Democratic party or Kerry. But I doubt theirs is that much different.

BTW, you really think the BCE WON'T confiscate your guns?? They're following the Hitler playbook pretty well so far.......

BigBadBrian
08-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Bullshit. The NRA, KKK, and CIA spin that tired lie against every Democratic candidate. NONE of them, not even Kucinich or Nader, ever called for taking away anybody's guns.

Bottom line. criminals and psychotics have no business owning guns, so gun shows and any other seller that doesn't do background checks needs to be put out of business for good. I also don't see why anybody needs an assault rifle. Other than those common sense laws, I see nothing wrong with law abiding sane adults owning a reasonable number of firearms.

In California, guns can be confiscated merely by how they LOOK, not by how they operate. Yes, they can be confiscated if they fit a certain description, even if they are single shot. :gulp:

FORD
08-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Then talk to Herr Gropenator about it. Not the Democrats ;)

BigBadBrian
08-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Then talk to Herr Gropenator about it. Not the Democrats ;)

I don't believe he was the Governor that passed those bills or signed them into law. :gulp: