PDA

View Full Version : another question!!

Carmine
08-06-2004, 11:22 AM
I have read all the posts regarding JFK and RFK, and who killed them. Seeing as that the anniversary of Marylin Monroes death was this week, any thoughts on who killed her and why?

FORD
08-06-2004, 11:50 AM
There's been all sort of speculation from the Kennedys to the mob to the Communists to the Cubans to whatever.

The theory I find most interesting is that her control freak shrink might have done it.

Circumstances seemed similar to that of Brian Wilson's past association with Dr Landy, where the shrink controlled every aspect of his life.

In 1960, Monroe began seeing the psychiatrist who would drive her even deeper into her personal hell, Dr. Ralph Greenson. His control over her was swift. “I was going to be her one and only therapist,” he wrote.

Greenson was a firm believer in the copious use of drugs and “emotional involvement” of the therapist with his patient. “His tactic was disastrous,” wrote Spoto. “Instead of leading his patient to independence, he did exactly the opposite and effectively made her entirely contingent on himself... he was certain he could prevail on her to do anything he wished.”

By October 1961, Greenson was canceling appointments with other patients to meet Monroe at his home for therapy. She was soon staying for dinner, sometimes 3-4 times a week. He persuaded her to do a film against her judgment. The psychiatrist arranged for her to be kept on a steady diet of barbiturates.

Greenson even excluded her from seeing ex-husband Joe DiMaggio. By 1962, to enhance his status, the doctor was circulating phony rumors that Monroe was schizophrenic, a popular malady among psychiatric intellectuals of the time.

Biographer Spoto even concluded that Greenson beat the actress several months before her death. A doctor’s visit for black eyes and a possible broken nose substantiates his claim.

A friend of Monroe noted that as the day of her death approached, “she saw that Greenson was severing all her close relationships, one by one.... By the end of July [1962], Monroe realized that if she was going to have any friends left, any life of her own at all, she might have to disconnect from Greenson.”

Monroe’s realization came too late. On August 4, after spending six hours with Greenson, the sand in the hourglass ran out. She was found dead of a drug overdose around midnight by her housekeeper Eunice Murray.
link (http://www.cchr.org/art/eng/page07.htm)

Another book on the subject claims that Marilyn actually would have survived her barbituate OD, but the mad shrink showed up and scored the final shot - literally.

This theory is put forth in "Peter Lawford: The Man Who Kept the Secrets," written by James Hall, who claims to have been the ambulance driver called to the scene following the discovery of Monroe's body. As Hall puts it, "Just as Marilyn started coming around, the doctor arrived... I believe it was Dr. Greeson (Marilyn's shrink). He... pushed her breast to one side and gave her an injection."
link (http://www.coverups.com/monroe/theories.htm)

Carmine
08-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks Ford!

John Ashcroft
08-06-2004, 12:18 PM
I will give you this Ford, you do one hell of alot of reading.

Carmine
08-06-2004, 12:24 PM
and now I do too....

JCOOK
08-06-2004, 04:55 PM
FORD--I am soooo disapointed in you-- let me hear you say it......

FORD
08-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
FORD--I am soooo disapointed in you-- let me hear you say it......

OK, the BCE did it.

There, are you happy? ;)

Seriously, if anyone from the government was involved, my money would be on that old drag queen of the FBI, J Edna Hoover himself. Hoover was apparently obsessed with JFK's affair with Marilyn and was convinced that the Russians would find out about it and use it to blackmail the President.

I like the shrink theory better though. Especially with documented beatings and an eyewitness to him injecting her with something when it appeared she was recovering from an OD.

JCOOK
08-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks FORD, I was starting to worry about you