X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danielc
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

van halen should have changed their name

This may have already been discussed, but I was just thinking, why in the hell did'nt VH change their name after Dave left? I mean, after all he did come up with name. Did'nt Rage Against the Machine change their name when their singer left? That's all the bands that I can think of right now, but my point is they should have changed their name. Then we would'nt have all this crap with Hagar. I used to think Eddie was really cool. Now it seems that he's more of a jerk than what everybody makes Dave out to be. And Alex seems to be a jerk too. I'm sure it was their arrogance that caused all these problems.
    http://classicvanhalen.com/photopost...o=3712&cat=528
  • horty07
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

The best thing the V/H sisters could have done was not bad mouth Dave. They forced their fans to choose sides and most of us have. I would never have been a huge Van Hagar fan, but I probably would not have disliked him so much if Sammy and Eddie would have just had some class.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by horty07
      The best thing the V/H sisters could have done was not bad mouth Dave. They forced their fans to choose sides and most of us have. I would never have been a huge Van Hagar fan, but I probably would not have disliked him so much if Sammy and Eddie would have just had some class.
      EXACTLY HOW I"VE FELT SINCE 85!!!!
      You got my vote Bro!!!!!

Comment

• horty07
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2004

Hey thanks.

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

Lets see....
          Same three musicians
          same chemical addictions
          same arrogant outlook
          same horrible fashion sense
          same disregard for common sense
          and same SHITTY ATTITUDE!!!!

Nope. NO FUCKING WAY these LOSERS were gonna change the name. Its ALL they had goin' for 'em!!!!

Comment

• freak
            Sniper
            • May 2004

Re: van halen should have changed their name

Originally posted by danielc
            This may have already been discussed, but I was just thinking, why in the hell did'nt VH change their name after Dave left?
            Because Air Supply, Culture Club and Spandau Ballet were already taken?

Comment

• DLRdelight!
              Veteran
              • Jul 2004

Because they needed the name to get ppl to buy their albums

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Maybe they should have changed their name to JRNY...

Well, my take on it is pretty simple - in 1985, Van Halen split up. Dave went solo and Eddie, Alex and Mike joined the Sammy Hagar band, however, knowing full well that Sammy Hagar was not selling records, a business decision was made to just continue calling the band "Van Halen", regardless of whether it actually WAS or WAS NOT.

Revisionist history or what ACTUALLY HAPPENED? You be the judge...
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• frenchie
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jul 2004

must be hard to be edward van halen today.............

Comment

• danielc
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

Good stuff. Another thought: I think they were very hurt by the fact that Dave actually left them. When someone hurts you the first instinct is to retaliate -- just like a marriage that ends in divorce. Divorce screws the kids up ... or in our case, the fans.
                    http://classicvanhalen.com/photopost...o=3712&cat=528

Comment

• lms2

Yes, this topic has been discussed to eternity and back.

Van Halen should have changed their name when they adopted a new lead singer and changed their style of writing. Though officially they still use Van Halen, most people call them Van Hagar (or worse) anyway...and they still sold plenty. More importantly, Van Halen should NOT have changed their name , OR their lead singer. They should have taken a hiatus and returned as Van Halen a few years down the road.

The real problem is that they are four men. Men know when they are wrong, they just cant admit it; instead, they just keep making it worse and worse by trying to prove they are right.

Comment

• frenchie
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jul 2004

exactly! that's right! how a such good band can loose so mny fans!

Comment

• scottydabodi
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

I too think that they should've just had a good attitude towards the classic lineup. If they wouldn't have ragged on Dave so much, then they would've been AT LEAST respectable... something they ain't got now... fuck 'em!
                          If you listen to fools
                          The Mob Rules

Comment

• Tom Foolery
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Aug 2004

Creed got a new lead singer and changed their name to Alterbridge. Great move, i hated creed, but i heard the new alterbridge song and thought it kicked ass, the i found out it was 3/4 of creed. Glad i didnt know before. It may have helped vh, but i doubt it, it would have really hurt the band, they already had good name recognition.
                            2005 Super Bowl Champions DENVER BRONCOS!!!
                            http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...USA_medium.jpg http://www.cyberdwarf.com/raiders_suck1.gif

Comment

• scottydabodi
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Good point about AlterBridge, much better than Creed, but as far as VH changin their name after Dave left... maybe "Lying Fruitcakes with Psychotic Episodes" would've been a good one...
                              If you listen to fools
                              The Mob Rules

Comment

Working...