IS SPAMMY's VOICE SHOT? More BS From the SISTERS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

IS SPAMMY's VOICE SHOT? More BS From the SISTERS!!!!

It ain't much, but this kind of SHIT GRINDS ME!!!!
    Just got the Oct 2004 issue of GUITARWORLD MAGAZINE and it has TAB to that pile 'o' shit song "It's about Time". Holy SHIT kids, its tuned down a half step to Eb!
    Now, for most bands, this would be NO BIG DEAL. Actually, since the GRUNGE bands of the early 90's, this is common practice among modern rockers 'cause it gives the music added grit and heavyness.
    But, back in the day, THIS USED TO BE ONE OF THE SISTERS PET BITCHES ABOUT DAVE!!!! They cried EVERYWHERE they could bout how they had to tune to OTHER than standard tunning to ACCOMODATE DAVE's lower range vocals. But with Spam, their were NO BOUNDARIES! So, one must assume, that SPAM's vocal range AIN't what it used to be. The old BASTARD can't hit the highnotes anymore.
    OR, it might seem, that the bros were BULLSHITTING ONCE AGAIN just to try and disparage DAVE. Either way, FUCK THE VAN HALEN SISTERS!!!! :fucku2:
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

that is a GREAT FUCKING POINT!!!!

Matt White knows his shit...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• AJW
      Head Fluffer
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
      that is a GREAT FUCKING POINT!!!!

Matt White knows his shit...
      You know it!!!!!

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Its INCREDIBLE!!!! Those FUCK STICKS have been beatin' that DEAD HORSE for almost 20 years! And sure enough, either to accomodate the OLDSTER or to try and be HIP, they do JUST WHAT THEY BITCH AND MOAN ABOUT!!!! And they wonder why their credibility vanished quicker than Ed's sobrity.....well, not that fast!!!

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

This gets a sticky...

How are you PUSSY Van Hagar fans gonna spin this one? Huh?
          Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I see you are browsing this forum rockvanhalen66...were waiting for your retarded take on this...

Comment

• Big Train
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

That argument never held water from the first day they said it. A couple of songs on 5150 are in Drop D for chrissakes!! When Eddie was into the Steinberger Transtrem, he was dropping down all the time. The Wolfgangs all have the feature as well (forget what it is called) where you can drop the 6th string down a whole step as well.

All male vocalists lose their top end as they age, that was part of the "forget about dave" campaign 85-04. It's pretty sad that they put that much effort into something and have horribly failed 19 years in...

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Like Hagar's ever really been a "great" singer anyways...

Christ, hitting those notes, to me he sounds like I do when I'm constipated.

Still, this little revelation comes as no surprise to anyone in the know, eh?

NICE WORK, Matt!
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

rockvanhalen66... Where are you? Can't wait to see what this guy says!

Comment

• hitch1969©
                    Sniper
                    • Mar 2003

Re: IS SPAMMY's VOICE SHOT? More BS From the SISTERS!!!!

Originally posted by Matt White
                    It ain't much, but this kind of SHIT GRINDS ME!!!!
                    Just got the Oct 2004 issue of GUITARWORLD MAGAZINE and it has TAB to that pile 'o' shit song "It's about Time". Holy SHIT kids, its tuned down a half step to Eb!
                    Now, for most bands, this would be NO BIG DEAL. Actually, since the GRUNGE bands of the early 90's, this is common practice among modern rockers 'cause it gives the music added grit and heavyness.
                    But, back in the day, THIS USED TO BE ONE OF THE SISTERS PET BITCHES ABOUT DAVE!!!! They cried EVERYWHERE they could bout how they had to tune to OTHER than standard tunning to ACCOMODATE DAVE's lower range vocals. But with Spam, their were NO BOUNDARIES! So, one must assume, that SPAM's vocal range AIN't what it used to be. The old BASTARD can't hit the highnotes anymore.
                    OR, it might seem, that the bros were BULLSHITTING ONCE AGAIN just to try and disparage DAVE. Either way, FUCK THE VAN HALEN SISTERS!!!! :fucku2:
                    Matt White, you are ABSOfuckingLUTELY accurate AND correctal on this history you have just recounted and I like the fan that number one knows his shit but also number two POOP!

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh '

Your argument is Phallic™ and let me tell you why. You state the premise. That is cuntpleteLY accurate. But to conclude that Sammy can't sing OR that the brothers were lying is incorrectal.

The brothers are incapable of lying much like SPOCK© the Vulcan®. They will self destruct if they dont tell the truth. Therein lies the rubDOWN my friend. Because they are truly psychotic. If I may engage another TREK™ analogy, when REALITY hits these motherfucks it is like the M5 computer playing chess with SPOCK® the Vulcan©. It's a conflict that promotes a meltdown bigger than Chernobyl™ or Three Mile Island™. Logic wins. Emotion and Irrationality... loses?

Sammy can sing dude. The tuned down thing I TOTALLY dont get, unless these were OF COURSE as we all suspect, as recycled as EVH does to a "Between Us Two" to "Year To the Day" or "the whatever shuffle" to "can't get this stuff no more".

The tune down was obviously written for Dave in 2000.

This explains your theory, not that Sammys voice became shit or the brothers were liars.

I must go bone clone the preggerchick now. I am sorry.

lates and massAbates!!

=h=
                    ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Um, what?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Calderone
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

that song was originally called TIME and was demoed with dlr 2000

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Ok Calderone, how do you know this ?
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

No shit...

The drop D tuning device is called the "David Lee Tuna", or 'D-Tuna' for short...

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

LOL !

And here I was thinking it lowered your E string to D ??
                              (Hence the D Tuna ! )

DOH !!!
                              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...