Getting back into it

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 51nner's5wing

Getting back into it

I was seriously disappointed that Van Halen reunited with Spam.

At the same time I couldn't find any live boots that I really liked other than DLR in Milan. I was starting to get disenchanted with Van Halen- I had played the Dave era albums til the CDs had grooves...things were starting to get played out. I started turning back to things like priest and the scorps to change things up. Music today is awful, I won't even consider it.

I've always been a lurker around here, assuming different identities because I never posted and lost my password etc...- but now I have to post. I am hooked again. Van Halen live in Dallas in support of Diver Down is fucking great! There isn't anything tired about the show...and there are some things I've never heard before, like the story Dave tells about the lady he met last night at the hotel bar, etc.

For me it's brand new Van Halen, which is elating.

So this post is to thank Cato. Cato, I have gleened off your collection over the years in silence. Thank you for being such a generous person and a true fan. I appreciate it!

Dave
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

You know, that's the wonderful thing about hunting down the old boots...it's like a brand new album! I totally hear what you're saying,
    my man. If you can't get something new, well...I guess there's always hunting some classic boot down, eh?
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

That's what I liked so much about ZERO. Mind you, I already had the Warner demos, and they were also awesome. But I've been listening to crappy copies of those songs since the mid-90s. The ZERO album was a godsend because it sounds like a complete album and is a bit of a different sound for Van Halen.

Frankly, no release on Earth (short of a pro-shot 5.1 surround sound Dave-era DVD) would get me as excited as a 4-cd box set of Van Halen outtakes.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...