X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

McGahee to cloud the Buffalo Bills RB situation

McGahee got his first action today against the Browns...

is this step 1 to a return?

and with Travis Henry's fumbling issues overshadowing his talent...how long will it be?

Maybe Miami will come callin'
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Lou

Travis Henry scores TD's but he's not a real bruising back who's gonna get you 100 yds/game. I'd bet 75% or more of his TD's came inside the 5 yd line.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

He's had a ton of yardage the past few years...and of course...scoring TD's from inside the five would insinuate that HE IS a bruising back...which he isn't...

Henry is a Joe Morris clone...

'cept he fumbles 10 times a year...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Henry plays with pain. He is tough.

Has played with a broken rib one season and a broken bone in his leg the next.

McGahee scored 4 TDs in their scrimmage with the Browns. It is just a scrimmage, but after a long rehab and sitting out all season, that has to be looked at as progress.

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

And you have to figure that McGahee would have the bigger value than Henry if a deal with Miami would come about, being he played at Miami in college.

Would be a nice rebound for the Fins, but I doubt it happens.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Well...I...for one...wouldn't deal Henry...

I would deal McGahee...if they could snag a starter and a #1 for him...you've got to do it...

but...I don't see these division rivals trading with each other...

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

I agree. It would have to be a big offer to get McGahee for Miami, but it would make sense for them and maybe save this season for them.

It is a nice situation for Buffalo. They know what they have in Henry, so McGahee is easily the guy to move if they can. They did deal away a first rounder I think to get Losman this season, so if I'm the Fins, division rival or not, I'd have to look into it.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Well...here's the thing...

they took a hit to take McGahee...Buffalo...many feel they wasted a first rounder on him...

so...you have to get a first rounder back...at or above the 24 spot they used to take him...AND...I feel you have to get a starter back...or another pick...

Buffalo loses nothing...and Miami gains a risk...but a back that will give them some PR...with the Miami guy coming home...

but that would make to much sense...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

It does make to much sense ... lol.

The have a good defense, but that offense now is shit.

They are in big trouble.

You're right, they would need a at least a #1 in the deal along with another player, or maybe another lower pick.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

It's interesting when you think about it...

traditional Offensive teams...both strong to a certain extent on defense at this point...

I really think Buffalo could be a sleeper this year...if bledsoe can perform...

they now have a guy to go with Moulds...so you just never no how close they are...

I really like what they are doing defensively...and if the line holds up...and Bledsoe has some time...look the fuck out...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Bledose needs time, definitely. Going to be key on offense. Reed will move back to the slot, where he played well as a rookie.

Gildon needs to be what they brought him for, that pass rush. Spikes is solid, and the secondary should be ok with Vincent instead of Winfield over there.

With the Jets mediocrity, and the fall of the Fins, they could very well be right there. You never know.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

And the freakin' Pats...they won't be as deep this year...I just don't see them being the same team...but who knows at this point...

They did add Corey Dillon...which I think makes them even more dangerous...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Way more dangerous I think. He will give them what Smith gave them on occasion, but much better.

Read in this weeks SI that Belichick has been going to coaches meetings since he was 12 years old. The dude is bad.

They Colvin to come back healthy (Lions almost got him), and their OL might not be as good, but have to look at them as the front runner in the AFC, for now.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Yeah...to me...Belicheck proves that Art Modell is NOT a good owner...

They certainly are the favorites...but you know as well as I do how hard it is for a team to repeat...I think the new dynasties may be the every other year deals...

especially with weighted strength of schedules...

I think we'll see a newbie in the AFC...perhaps KC...or Buffalo...

Comment

Working...