PDA

View Full Version : IRON MAIDEN - Early Concert Footage To Be Issued On DVD

PHOENIX
08-07-2004, 08:06 PM
IRON MAIDEN - Early Concert Footage To Be Issued On DVD In October [Rarities - 04.08.05 09:16:14]

IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenFans.com report that according to cdxpress.co.uk, a new Maiden DVD will be released in October.

Entitled Iron Maiden - Early Years, the 2DVD set will be issued in the PAL Region 2 format and will include the following features:

Disc 1 - Concert - Live at The Rainbow (early 80's - previously released on PMI video) - 30-40 mins., Concert - The Beast Over Hammersmith (early 80's - previously unreleased) - 60 mins.

Disc 2 - Concert - Live At Donington (early 80's - previously unreleased) - 60 mins., Documentary - Newly filmed History of Iron Maiden (pt. 1) 30-40 mins. Extras - Top of The Pops - ‘Women In Uniform’ - 1981, Top of The Pops - ‘Sanctuary’ - 1981, Rock & Pop (German TV) track - 1981, Documentary - Colourbox from Granada TV - 1981 - 25 mins.

Diver Down NJ
08-09-2004, 09:56 PM
PAL Region 2??? What the fuck is that, Europe?!?!?!

Don Corleone
08-14-2004, 11:38 AM
I've got Live at the Rainbow on video, its the Killer's tour with Di Anno on vocals. Its actually a bloody good gig (Dave Murray's playing is on fire that show, and Adrian Smith looks like a kid)

Diver Down NJ
08-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I've got Live at the Rainbow on video, its the Killer's tour with Di Anno on vocals. Its actually a bloody good gig (Dave Murray's playing is on fire that show, and Adrian Smith looks like a kid)

Is that an official release or a bootleg?

Don Corleone
08-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Diver Down NJ
Is that an official release or a bootleg?

If I remember rightly its a very early official EMI release of the band (professionally recored, although its not credited by Iron Maiden on their website, it is copyrighted to EMI).

There's also a rare live tape recording of the band from that time called "Maiden Japan". This is another copyrighted EMI release (which I have, and again is not credited on the bands website).

Neither one are bootlegs, whether they were recored for TV/Radio broadcast I don't know, but the quality is spot on.

Don Corleone
08-14-2004, 02:13 PM
If you use this link, there is footage from the Rainbow video at the official site:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/homepage.php?section=0&subsection=0

Don Corleone
08-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Bollocks, the linkfucked up. Click on Albums (at the top of the screen), then select the "Killers" album. The footage is at the bottom of the page.

DeadOrAlive
08-14-2004, 06:27 PM
sweet

Diver Down NJ
08-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
If you use this link, there is footage from the Rainbow video at the official site:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/homepage.php?section=0&subsection=0

I think some of those clips are on the Killers re-release I own. I would love to have the whole show!

Mr Badguy
09-02-2004, 07:28 AM
This has been confirmed by Iron Maiden on their website.

Some of the "Beast over Hammersmith" stuff appeared in the "12 Wasted years" home video.

It`s good stuff.

The soundtrack is part of the "Eddie`s archive" box set.

This is going to be a shit hot DVD, up there with Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest`s.

All we need now is for Van Halen, Rush and AC/DC to do the same "Early years" DVDs.

Diver Down NJ
09-02-2004, 10:10 AM
There better be a Region 1 version!!!

bueno bob
09-02-2004, 02:42 PM
I've seen it on VHS...I'd imagine the DVD quality will be better, but the "official" VHS versions were ROTTEN in so far as quality. Performance was aces on, top of the line, but I could barely get past all the grain and fuzz on the screen to even notice.