• Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

NFL Hall of Fame

Elway, Sanders, Eller and Bob Brown...

should be an interesting one...

curious to see what Elway has to say about his early Denver years with Reeves...

and curious to see what Sanders has to say period...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

And Barry's dad, who was always very outspoken about everything in his son's career. Always reminded Barry how Jim Brown was the best ever, and that HE wasn't Jim Brown.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Yeah...you know...who's introducing barry today?
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Barry's dad.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

kind of figured...could be interesting...

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Jim Brown was saying that he was interested to hear what Barry had to say, but I figure it's because he knows his dad thought Brown was the greatest ever and never made it a secret he felt that way.

Brown looking for an ego stroke after all these years. And it's not like he doesn't hear it all the time anyway.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Most people feel that guy was the best of all time...

remember when Mr. EGO wanted to come back when he was what...50...when Franco and Dorsett were both threatening his record...saying he could run better than them even if he was 20 years older then they were...

Jesus Christ...what an ego...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I guess I could live with the ego thing, because Deacon Jones was sitting there with him (Fouts too), and was saying that he knew first hand because he had played against Brown. Brown just soaked it up.

What gets me about him, is that he seems to be anit-NFL. He is always playing the race card it seems like. Jumped in on Clarett's side when that was happening. Just rubs me wrong.

And he was the greatest, followed by Payton, then Sanders, IMO.

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Max is introducing Elway.
                  Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I can agree with that...

I will tell you this...

If Emmitt comes back this year (I don't think he will)...he will move past Sanders in my eyes...maybe even past Payton...

but for now...I agree with your top 3...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

The Cards need Emmitt now that Shipp is down 8-12 weeks, maybe even the season. In a big way.

I know we have talked bout the Barry-Emmitt thing before, so you know where I stand on that. My top 3 STAY THE SAME BRO!

lmao

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Oh...I know...

Let me just say here...I'm not an Emmitt fan...but think he gets unjustly hammered for playing on good teams...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I know, and it makes no sense.

Would anyone want to play on a BAD team?

lol ...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Well...I think he could shut a lot of fucking people up...if he...at an advanced age...finds a way to be good again...

I think there ARE good backs that are good because of the teams they play on...

and then...

I think there are GREAT backs that make their teams good...

I think Emmitt and Barry are both GREAT backs...

I think Barry wouldn't have had as many theatrics as a runner with Dallas...I don't think he'd have any MORE yards than he had...I just think he'd have more playoff wins...

Emmitt...same deal...I think he just finds creases...no matter what...he just finds a way...

of course...that's just me...

Comment

• J.T.ROCKS
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Aug 2004

It's bad enough they let these apes in the hall of fame, but then they gotta let them talk. And let their fucking kids talk. Bet you where real proud of your heritage al when regis got up to the mike and tried to be fucking funny. Give me a fucking break. And barry sanders should not have made the hall. First off he is a quiter, second, the only reason he had all them yards is because he played in a dome. If Rocky Bleir had played all of his home games in a dome rather than the icy and snowy conditions, he would have run for 20,000 yards.

Comment

Working...