X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knowitall
    Roadie
    • Aug 2004

Is This man DLR's Daddy?? (or Dandy??)

Passing physical resemblance?? We all have our influences, and Dave's biggest was this guy.
  • knowitall
    Roadie
    • Aug 2004

Wit, there's more!!!

Comment

• RogueHorseman
      Commando
      • Apr 2004

Wanna tell us something we don't already know?

How about something Dave hasn't long ago given full props to, many times over?

OK then, how about something Jim hasn't said he was very flattered by and gave his full endorsement to?
      <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

I think he was just pointing out the obvious, but it's still cool to see. Thanks knowitall!
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• RogueHorseman
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
          I think he was just pointing out the obvious, but it's still cool to see. Thanks knowitall!
          Yeah, probably... I'd just finished reading some sheep b/s in another thread and transfered my attitude over, I guess.

----------------------------------------

Jim Dandy to the rescue!
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!
          Go, Jim Dandy! Go, Jim Dandy!

I was sitting on a mountain top.
          30,000 feet to drop.
          Tied me on a runaway horse
          Uh huh, that's right, of course.
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!

One day, I met a girl named Sue.
          She was feeling kind of blue.
          I'm Dandy, the kind of guy
          Who can't stand to see a little girl cry.
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!

Jim Dandy to the rescue!
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!

I was riding on a submarine
          Got a message from my mermaid queen.
          She was hanging on a fishing line.
          Mr. Dandy didn't waste no time!
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!

Once upon a time, I went to Maine.
          Got a ticket on a DC plane.
          Mr. Dandy didn't need no chute!
          I was high and ready to boot!
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!

Jim Dandy to the rescue!
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!
          Jim Dandy to the rescue!
          <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• knowitall
            Roadie
            • Aug 2004

Fuckin A bubba!!! But there's another one. Some of the cretins on here were insisting that JD was the Roth fan!! But seriously, if you were as old hat as BOA and one of the biggest front men in the world was copping your shit, you'd give him props, wouldn't ya!!! Money talks....

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Ever seen any old footage of the guy?
              Absolute ass-kicker onstage.

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by knowitall
                Passing physical resemblance?? We all have our influences, and Dave's biggest was this guy.
                Passing physical resemblance?? We all have our influences, and Spermy Gaybar's biggest was this guy.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                  Ever seen any old footage of the guy?
                  Absolute ass-kicker onstage.
                  No two ways about it.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Yep. Roth was influenced by Dandy, along with others.

Everything comes from somewhere.

Roth fused his influences together and came out with a style that was the template for countless rock frontmen who followed. Often copied but never replicated.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• AJW
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jun 2004

Whatever became of Jim Dandy?? I don't know much about him.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2004

same here ajw

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2004

From 1999, particular reference of interest bolded

It has seemed like forever, and I am sorry you had to wait so long, but we’ve just now come upon our time. Our time is now. Now we’re back on the road hittin’ the bricks, this band is out of the bag, and I’m back to my old tricks, and a few new ones. A new tour with new songs, celebrating the debut of our new album that you’ve all been waiting for, for way too long. It’s called ‘Jim Dandy’s Black Oak, Arkansas, The Wild Bunch’. It’s available this November 2nd, 1999 with a worldwide release on Cleopatra Records Dead Line Label. Just when you least expected it to happen, our time has come again, and to the band you least expect to ever come back. That’s why we’ll be the biggest come back ever in the history of the record business.

Yes, we’re the band and the man whose belief in our fans turned out a legion of followers into and army of believers. So, let me invite you all to join us now as we begin the new millennium and embark upon a new level of adventure. The unbelievable, where no band, man, or fan have gone before. Now, we solemnly do vow and have given our oath to go all the way and finish what we started in ’69. All the way to the only fantastic finale that fits to the kind of blow-your-mind-surprise attack beginning that only we could have done. We made old hypocrites nervous, because we were born to favor a purpose. Wild-eyed boys who came out of nowhere, going everywhere, getting hot and nasty, turned on, tuned in, and talking about Karma. With our hair to our waist, smashing icons, and breaking taboos from state to state. When you ain’t got nothing, you got nothing to lose. We fight for the right to be free to choose. We were the ones your mamas warned you about, the radical non-conformists of our time. Just by taking one look at us, our established authoritarian leaders always swore, more and more. "Those boys just ain’t right." But that’s all right, ‘cause when you ain’t right in the world so wrong, God, it makes you proud.

In the beginning, Dirty, Rickie Lee, and me were boyhood friends who bonded together, got busted together, and haircuts together for agitating the change that had been denied. We proved that the truth was stronger that lies, but we had to find better way to do it that to fight ’em one at a time. We chose rock-n-roll music. We were self-taught, loud and raw, but we learned to use it. Some people talk between songs to be able to sing. We learned to sing and play so we could talk between the songs (I was a natural-born agitator). Rickie Lee Reynolds went to school with me, and was a well-read, straight A student with a great sense of humor. It’s a good thing too, ‘cause I got him kicked out of school forever. I have always loved and believed in his song writing. Patrick "Dirty" Daugherty, from the beginning ‘til forever is gone, has been, and always will be the only base player for me. The oldest and most ornery, he’s also a "Dandy" himself. The first place we ever rehearsed was in a bean elevator at a cotton gin in my little hometown of Black Oak, Arkansas. In 1968, two years later in California, that fact is why Jerry Cohen (a Wild Bunch member then and now) the idea of changing the name of the band from Knowbody Else to Black Oak Arkansas. We had just come upon the scene in California, and this was just before we signed with Atco Records. That was when we had the good fortune to be the last of five acts ever personally signed by Ahmet Ertegun himself, who was then the president and founder of Atlantic Records, and is now Chairman of the Board of Warner Brothers, Electra and Atlantic. When Jerry thought of the name, he figured it would help us remember our roots and where we came from. We figured it might give talented young people from small towns hope, and prove you didn’t have to be from New York or L.A. to make it.

In the ‘70’s, as Black Oak Arkansas, we stayed on top of the charts with hit albums like our first introductory album that had a map of Arkansas on the cover. It was simply called "Black Oak Arkansas" and it went platinum. We made the second live album in the business to go gold. It was titled "Raunch and Roll", and was second only to the Rolling Stones’ live album, "Get Your Ya Ya’s Out." The "High on the Hog" also went gold. These albums featured such unforgettable songs as ""Uncle Lijah", "Happy Hooker" and the one-of-a-kind "Halls of Karma/Lord Have Mercy On My Soul", Mutants Of The Monster", "Hot Rod", "Hot and Nasty", and, of course, our enormous smash hit, "Jim Dandy To The Rescue", which was the number one hit in the nation for fifteen weeks. Oh, I guess I shouldn’t forget, "Jim Dandy To The Rescue", was suggested to us by the King of rock-n-roll himself, Mr. Elvis Presley, and a mutual friend, George Klein. All of this, combined with a constant full touring schedule made us one of the top five moneymakers in the world for five years in a row, from ’72 to ’77.

I’m the front man, founding member, all-around spectacle, and the one and only real "Jim Dandy". I’m blonde-maned and once resplendent in white spandex. I served as a sort of role model for David Lee Roth, Vince Neil, and Jesse James Dupree. Born the son of an Arkansas cotton farmer, they say my toad howl and acidic screech is reminiscent of Axl Rose of today. I don’t know, but to set the record straight, no one stole anything from me, ‘cause I got it for free, and so can they. It comes through us, not from us. Also, for the record, to be someone like Jim Dandy you don’t have to have special endowments, be gifted, or chosen. All I am is the living example and proof that anybody can do it if I can. Believe me, if I can do it, anybody can. You just have to use that God-given, free-will to reach for more, instead of settling for less. If you want to be someone or something bad enough, you can will it to be so. Back when we first made it, the years flew past in a blaze of headlines and sold-out concerts and festivals. Some of which had more that three or four hundred thousand people spurred on by gold and platinum albums, such as the first California Jam and the Redding Festival outside of London. Also, it seemed we had become a household word from being a frequent guest host on "The Midnight Special", the only rock-n-roll show allowed on TV back then, and for only one hour, once a week after midnight on Saturday Nights. Don’t it make you wonder what we’ll be able to do with 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Today, Dirty D., Rickie Lee, and me are better than ever, but that’s the way we wanted it. That was the plan. We have joined forces with two of my friends, one who played with me ten years ago on or around a European project called "Ready As Hell". Their names are Johnnie Bolin and Terry Powers.

My favorite one is Johnnie. He’s the only one that loves strip bars more that me. Nobody can play the drums like my Johnnie, but like his dad always said, "It’s a good thing you can play the drums, son, ‘cause just like Jim Dandy, nobody’s gonna ever hire you for anything else." Johnnie is the ultimate drummer’s drummer. And he’s little brother to my great friend who was stolen from us in the mid-70’s, legendary guitar, singer, and songwriter Tommy Bolin who, in his short career, replaced Joe Walsh in the James Gang and Richie Blackmore in Deep Purple and had two solo albums, "Teaser" and "Private Eyes".

These are the chosen four who have the heart to become Jim Dandy’s personal musical dream team, promising to return the electricity not only to Arkansas, but to concert stages all over the world. The birth of something very new, yes, the beginning of something unbelievable, even for true believers. In the words of Al Jolsen, "You ain’t seen nothing yet, folks!".

Believe it or not, when we first made it, it was just a dress rehearsal and a great adventure, and we will always respect and treasure our memories and experiences of yesteryear, but remember that the Real Big Time we were rehearsing for and preparing for is just now t hand. Prepare yourselves, ‘cause here we come again. No one has stopped us yet, no one can stop us now, and though some might place their bets on just how far we’ll get, we will get closer to you, no matter what they say or do. Because when you "kept the faith", it made our will too strong to deny and we will be there for you, making sure that your dreams come true too. If there is any one thing in this world that is constant that you know you can depend on it’s "The Wild Bunch". The rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated. We are very much alive, and we’ve come back with plenty of guns and a goodly amount of gunpowder. This is it, all the pieces do fit. We’re like that crazy old man jumping out of the alleyway with a baseball bat, saying, "Remember me?’’

We’re coming back. There’s no doubt the word is out everywhere that our new tour, along with our new album are here, with a little extra ammunition, two Tommy Bolin songs, "Shake The Devil" and (Don’t Let Your Mind Get Too) "Post Toastee". A good message for the young or actually anyone. This album also includes five of our biggest hits and we have re-recorded, Jim Dandy To The Rescue", Happy Hooker, Hot Rod, "Hot And Nasty", and "Mutants Of The Monster". Not only is the band better, but my voice is better, with an updated understandable message called "Forgive and Forget" (but I never forget, and I ain’t that forgiving). It also has a tender, gentle, and unpretentious surprise song called "If The Truth Be Known", inspired by John Lennon and George Harrison. On yeah, we may be older, but we can still get sleazy with a hot song about a strip-bar queen, called "Top Heavy Dallas", sandwiched "Dark Purple Blues", along with a high-energy Alice in Chains type of tune called "No Time", that rocks. Our title cut, "The Wild Bunch", is a mystical, moody, requiem song for the untamed masses. There’s an anthem for the gathering of the masses called "This Is Our Time", for all the one who have never given up. Finally after a moment of silence, there’s a bonus track called "Talk To The Hand (‘Cause the Heart Ain’t Listening)".

So, "If The Truth Be Known", we are all "Mutants Of The Monster", and "This Is Our Time", a good time for all time, and just in time. Fate may seem a little late, but it’s on time every time. Don’t ask us where we’ve been, ‘cause we have been here all the time. Destiny’s mystery’s is that these old men are just now in their prime. Our time is now. This is our time, yours and mine. Yes, now our time has come, and we are sorry you had to wait so long. Hell, we’re sorry we had to wait so long too.

Remember that the mightiest oak was once just a little not that held it’s ground. The Wild Bunch is that oak, with lots of nuts.

Last, but certainly not least, this new album is dedicated to all of our beloved family members who have passed on, and also to the memory of two founding Wild Bunch members. Both who were one-of-a-kind, ahead of their time, and can never be replaced. Both were our friends and family. One is Johnnie’s legendary big brother, Tommy Bolin. The other is the only female member of The Wild Bunch so far, Miss Ruby Starr, the renowned singer who always screamed "Go Jim Dandy, Go" on our number one hit "Jim Dandy To The Rescue" in 1973. Though they may have passed on to the spirit world hereafter, they’ll never be forgotten and will always be missed. For I, The Dandy, do believe that how we are remembered here after we are gone could very well be how we earn our hereafter. In essence, the truest sense of Dandyism is that how we’re remembered is the most important thing there is, and our memories of them are all wonderful. They might be gone, but they will always be with us. God bless them, to forever be remembered. For in death do we truly begin to live, this do sayeth The Dandy, theirs and yours completely.

Forever to your rescue, to your rescue forever, as always, I am your Jim Dandy, the real Jim Dandy, the genuine article, the real deal.

How could I lie about it all this time?

Jim Dandy

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Will this guy ever stop with his Jim Dandy obsession?! Come on dude, new material.........get some!

Comment

• JCOOK

Thats very nice but............THERE AINT' NOBODY LIKE DAVID LEE FUCKING ROTH THATS WHY YOU ARE HERE!

Comment

Working...