X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Roth fans outnumber Hagar fans

So many more people wanted Roth back in VH instead of that fat fuck Hagar. Roth fans outnumber Hagar fans that's for sure and quite obvious. Anyone who doesn't realize this is sadly mistaken and just can't deal with the facts.

But, what are the percentages?

Not one of my friends, relatives, associates, etc... etc... want/wanted Hagar in VH.

What's it like for you guys?

I say 75% of VH fans dig the Roth era more.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I say it's more like 100% of people who like Van Halen. Not that other version that they masquerade around with the same name.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Have been playing guitar for closing in on 25 years. Have met a lot of musicians and non-musician fans in general over that time.

Not like polled everyone I met, but have as yet to meet one.....ONE.....single person who preferred Van Hagar over Van Halen. When classic Halen was around, you got a lot of fans back then who said, "Roth isn't a good singer", or "Roth is too arrogant", etc. After a couple of years of Van Hagar, those same people were saying Van Halen without Roth/with Hagar sucked.

Think what you got with Van Hagar's fan base are a number of guitar players who thought Eddie was a genius back in the day and haven't been able to let go of those days or are willing to admit Ed peaked years ago, a certain amount of Hagar fans (have as yet to run into anyone who was a Hagar fan either) and a large amount of people who drove shit like Bon Jovi, Winger, Poison and any number of pop-rock power-balladeers to success post-1985.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Tom Foolery
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2004

I would say that for this tour the % of people who wanted dave was a lot higher than people who perfered Van Hagar. I really like both eras, and if i had to choose, it would take a really long time to decide, but i would have much rather had Dave at the helm on this tour. Dave has been out 20 years to sams 8. Dave has been out of the band as long i have been alive. I really think it would be awesome for all the new generation VH fans to see DLR at the front of Van Halen, but i tihnk it would have been better if he would have front in 96, when the hype was going crazy about and DLR VH reunion.
        2005 Super Bowl Champions DENVER BRONCOS!!!
        http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...USA_medium.jpg http://www.cyberdwarf.com/raiders_suck1.gif

Comment

• Tom Foolery
          Head Fluffer
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          and a large amount of people who drove shit like Bon Jovi, Winger, Poison and any number of pop-rock power-balladeers to success post-1985.
          Come on, you gotta admit Seventeen kicked some major ass!
          http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...USA_medium.jpg http://www.cyberdwarf.com/raiders_suck1.gif

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tom Foolery
            Come on, you gotta admit Seventeen kicked some major ass!

When we had clean up after parties on Sundays in my frat (when I was a pledge) they hazed us by playing that fucking song repeadely over and over for three hours. AAAAGHHHHH!!!!!! If I were to EVER hear that song again, I'll bet I would go postal and kill someone. lol.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Tom Foolery
              Head Fluffer
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MAX
              When we had clean up after parties on Sundays in my frat (when I was a pledge) they hazed us by playing that fucking song repeadely over and over for three hours. AAAAGHHHHH!!!!!! If I were to EVER hear that song again, I'll bet I would go postal and kill someone. lol.
              Man how much would it suck to know that your song was being used to haze college kids. Ha ha ha

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

Everybody's a Dave fan inside. Some people hate to admit it. Those who hate to admit it are called fuckers, assholes, dicks, etc...

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tom Foolery
                  Man how much would it suck to know that your song was being used to haze college kids. Ha ha ha

Watch it!!!! Watch it!!!!!
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Look at it this way...

there are truly great bands in this world...and Classic Van Halen is one of them...

Truth be told...you look at both versions...and even the people that insist on lying and saying that Hagar stuff is played on the radio to this day (not nearly as much...and not nearly as much variety)...have to have a gut check here...

Classic VH...the VH that ruled the world...that made us say, "Heaven help us all"...that band is that band that you can talk about in the same breath as Zepp, as Sabbath...as AC/DC...

Yeah...the times played a big part in that...but so did Roth...

there's only ONE Van Halen that rules them all...and they haven't been around...for a long...long time...

here's to the original...the REAL Van Halen...

Heaven Help us ALL...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Tom Foolery
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Truth be told...you look at both versions...and even the people that insist on lying and saying that Hagar stuff is played on the radio to this day (not nearly as much...and not nearly as much variety)...have to have a gut check here...

There is an awesome station here in CO, 103.5 the fox, that i listen to all the time, I cant really remember the last time they played a hagar tune before the reunion was announced, even now its back to Classic VH. I dont think anyone can argue that Van Hagar was/is more radio friendly than Van Halen

Comment

• General Hina
                        Sniper
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                        So many more people wanted Roth back in VH instead of that fat fuck Hagar. Roth fans outnumber Hagar fans that's for sure and quite obvious. Anyone who doesn't realize this is sadly mistaken and just can't deal with the facts.

But, what are the percentages?

Not one of my friends, relatives, associates, etc... etc... want/wanted Hagar in VH.

What's it like for you guys?

I say 75% of VH fans dig the Roth era more.

I always respond the same way when this type of post appears.

If Roth has soooooo many loyal fans then why have they bailed on Dave's solo career?

Since 1994 DLR fans have been nonexistent.

Other than the 5000 people here where are all these people?

Over and Out,
                        General Hina

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina

If Roth has soooooo many loyal fans then why have they bailed on Dave's solo career?

Over and Out,
                          General Hina

But what does that have to do with the fact that you suck?
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina

Over and Out,
                            General Hina
                            Ever heard of the idea of combination? How many records does Glenn Fry sell on his own? None, pretty much. How many people would come to his show? None, pretty much.

How well did Don Henley's recent album do? Crappy, actually. His tour? Lacklustre.

How well are the Eagles doing on the radio and on tour these days? How about they're still giants and always will be.

Any questions? Do I need to spell it out for you? Van Halen with Hagar sells a pretty disappointing amount of tickets and a horrible amount of CDs. It's dated, it's crap...people finally are seeing through it while the classic stuff is finally getting a nice shiny legendary look to it. People look at it as amazing, timeless music. Name me one person that isn't a Chedhead that would call 5150 "timeless music".

Roth may not have much of a solo career right now. But then again, Van Halen is sucking without him. But the original band is still a staple of the hard rock diet...it's classic, legendary music. And if you don't understand that, go fuck yourself.

'Nuff said.
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• flappo
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

if they'd stopped when dave left , they might have had a legacy like zep or queen or the who

as it is

most people think of them in the same ilk as bon jovi

and thats so fucking sad

Comment

Working...