X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crmlcrm216
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jul 2004

Easiest VH Song To Play?

As posted in the "what was your first guitar" thread, I was learning "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" and, at this point, I pretty much got it down. I want to learn some other VH songs (the classic stuff, of course) but I don't know where to start. I'm very much a beginner so what are the easiest songs to play?
    *Insert signature here*
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Panama was pretty easy to learn. the solo isn't that tough either.

Pretty Woman
    Dead or Alive

Hell, it's tough to determine what would be easy for another player.
    I suggest picking your favorite tunes and hunt down the tablature.
    You'll not only learn the songs, but learn some chords in the process.

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Pretty Woman..

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Dance the night away, So this is love, RWTD. are all very easy also. Just a few things to learn then it repeats. I guess the solo in So This is Love is kinda tuff, Got that ont tight when I was 18 y/o.

Comment

• turboblues

Hmm.. Dance the night away isn't that easy if you play it properly: we're talkin' about tapped harmonics for a beginner? I'd say RWTD!! Or SGMADoctor!

Comment

• DLRdelight!
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

Depends how much of a begginner you are and how much you already know. Aint Talkin Bout Love was my first also. I think an easy one is Runnin With the Devil but get the right tabs> I dont like using the tablature books because they are usually wrong, as in wrong not played the same way as the artist. Luckily my guitar teacher loves VH and its all we learn!! So bad ass!

Comment

• Cathedral
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Teachers, lol...
              My first time attempting lessons was after i had been in a couple bands and knew more than he did, lol.

You know you need a new teacher when he says to you, "How'd you do that?"

I found one that humbled my ass right up, real quick though. problem was he hated Van Halen and was a huge Yngweenie fan.
              I hate Yngweenie with a passion.
              I never saw the need for a thousand notes in one bar of music, not my style.
              I'm more of a Blue's based player, with a dash of Bluegrass on the side.

Comment

• spmusicplyr
                Foot Soldier
                • May 2004

hey buddy, im the one is really easy...haha
                Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• Don Corleone
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

Runnin with the Devil is a real easy one.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Figs
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Everybody Wants Some is not too bad.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                      Veteran
                      • May 2004

If you can handle Ain't takin about Love, then you should be able to cope with Atomic Punk as well.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Their cover of You Really Got Me. Outside of the descending tapping in the middle of the solo, which isn't that hard, classic Van Halen didn't get any simpler. Same goes for their cover of Where Have All The Good Times Gone?, which is probably the easiest classic VH solo you'll ever find.

Picked up three classic Halen tab books about a year ago. Each book had two albums on it. From the Authentic GUITAR-TAB Edition series. The transcribers did an excellent job all-around.

When I was beginning to play years ago, tab wasn't as prevalent as it is now, so we had to figure out that stuff by ear, which was a bitch.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• sambo
                          Sniper
                          • Jun 2004

Ain't Talkin' Bout Love, RWTD were the first 2 off the block. Then Pretty Woman was probably easier again...
                          Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

I was curious before I opened this thread to see how many said, Aint talkin about love

Totally agree with Terry about Ya really got me and Where have all the good times gone.. Pretty woman and Unchained are not too hard.
                            Little Dreamer is quite easy.. also Feel your love tonight..
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                              I was curious before I opened this thread to see how many said, Aint talkin about love

Totally agree with Terry about Ya really got me and Where have all the good times gone.. Pretty woman and Unchained are not too hard.
                              Little Dreamer is quite easy.. also Feel your love tonight..
                              That's the one thing even a lot of Eddie-maniacs miss the point on.
                              They all talk about how he revolutionized the guitar, but Ed's greatest strength was as a member of the band.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...