X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knuckleboner
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

MD Resident Keyes to Run for Illinios Senate

just ridiculous. in all of illinois, the republicians couldn't find one person to run for senate?

i suppose individual republicans can still complain about hillary clinton carpetbagging, so long as they complain about keyes.

but as a whole, the republican party lost that right...

story
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Rumor is they were trying to recruit Nugent before that. And he's a Michigan resident.

Guess they're scared shitless of Asscrotch's favorite Democrat, Barack Obama
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

I'll still bitch about Hillary.

But, I'm surprised to hear you guys bitching. Hillary used this tactic very successfully, and I don't remember too much outrage from the left...

Having said that, I'm actually glad the Republicans are starting to fight fire with fire. It's about damn time. Who knows, if Keyes doesn't poll good, we may switch him out past the deadline.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
        Commando
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
        I'll still bitch about Hillary.

But, I'm surprised to hear you guys bitching. Hillary used this tactic very successfully, and I don't remember too much outrage from the left...

Having said that, I'm actually glad the Republicans are starting to fight fire with fire. It's about damn time. Who knows, if Keyes doesn't poll good, we may switch him out past the deadline.
        I agree, if the Dems are going toplay dirty then the Republicans should too.

You are exactly right about the deadline. If it looks like Keyes won't do well but the time has expired (according to the law) to apply we'll just put someone else in there anyway and to hell with the law (ala New Jersey).

Comment

• knuckleboner
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

2 wrongs making a right? (well, keyes IS pretty damn far to the right...)

and yeah, i thought it was wrong for hillary. new york law allows it, and if the people of new york (or illinois) wish to elect whoever they want, that's their choice, not mine.

but i wouldn't want my state to allow it, regardless of if it were hillary or alan keyes.

philosophically, i don't think people should look all over the country to find the 1 way to congress that they can get in.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

My only problem with it is that it makes Keyes himself a hypocrite. Both parties have done it before, but Keyes specifically said that he would never do such a thing.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

And hypocrisy doesn't exist on the left?

I seem to remember your hero, Howard Dean, endorsing "The New JFK", and saying that he "stands for change" blah, blah, blah...
              Last edited by John Ashcroft; 08-09-2004, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I seem to remember your hero, Howard Dean, endorsing "The New JFK", and saying that he "stands for change" blah, blah, blah...
                So did Kucinich. And Sharpton. And Gen. Clark. And everyone else who opposed him in the primaries.

And McCain endorsed Junior. That's what happens in political parties. Doesn't mean any of the above doesn't still believe they could do a better job. It just means they're attempting to unite their parties.

What Dean said actually was that he supported Kerry, but he never said or implied that his supporters did. And from my view of Deaniacs, I would say it's a 1 - 10 scale with 10 being a complete acceptance of Kerry & Edwards and 1 being a total rejection. I'm about at a 4-1/2 myself. Voting only to prevent the complete theft of the judicial branch and total destruction of the environment.

Anyway, how does any of that equal running for political office in a state you have never lived in, especially after saying you thought it was blatantly unconstitutional to do so?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Because you yourself (and the rest of the "Deaniacs") just admitted that you're actually voting against Bush and not for Kerry.

Who you should be voting for is Nader, if you were true to your ideology...

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Because you yourself (and the rest of the "Deaniacs") just admitted that you're actually voting against Bush and not for Kerry.

Who you should be voting for is Nader, if you were true to your ideology...
                    If I thought the country could actually survive another 4 years of the BCE, I would consider it.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Maybe you're a Kerry fan after all... You know, with that bit of waffling, you just might make a good campaign hack!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Fer crissakes.

EVERY god damn time you right wing- holier than thou-self righteous Rebulicants fuck up, your first response is

"oh yeah, well what about you?"

"you did it too"

What about Ford's excellent point?

Keyes SPECIFICALLY stated in public how WRONG carpetbagging was, and how HE'D NEVER do it, or support it.

HYPOCRITES.

Bottom Line?, you couldn't find ONE LEGIT CANDIDATE in the entire freaking STATE!!!!

AND your candidate was caught wanting to watch his wife bang other guys in public. Oh the Shame!

HYPOCRITES

So much for your party bringing "honor" back to DC

God I can't WAIT for November.

PS, Hey John, good thing our candidate's not dead, or you'd lose for sure!

RE-DEFEAT THE AXIS OF EVIL

a coup will do
                        Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Maybe you're a Kerry fan after all... You know, with that bit of waffling, you just might make a good campaign hack!
                          Waffling?

You mean like campaignig in 2000 for State's rights to decide on same sex marriages, and leaving the FEDS out of it like the Shrub?

You mean like fighting tooth and nail the formation of the 9/11 commission, only to waffle when hammered by your own part like Jr?

You mean stating that under no circumstance would you, or you Nat'l Security Advisor would testify, only to change your mind?

THAT kind of waffling?

Shit, the Shrub should open his own Denny's

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Uh, fuckwad Phil...

I purposely never said Keyes was right to do what he's doing.

I'm simply questioning the selective outrage shown here.

In fact, just like Ford said, I'm actually intrigued by Obama.

So, do a little reading from now on before you open your cocksucker, mkay?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Uh, fuckwad Phil...

I purposely never said Keyes was right to do what he's doing.

I'm simply questioning the selective outrage shown here.

In fact, just like Ford said, I'm actually intrigued by Obama.

So, do a little reading from now on before you open your cocksucker, mkay?
                              Typical.

I read your posts.

Don't back peddle now.

and who's Phil?, or is that just your pet name for me now?

You may call me fuckwad though. I've been called worse from the right.

mkay?

Comment

Working...