X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ULTRAMAN VH
    Commando
    • May 2004

A Forgotten Gem

Looking through my old record collection I came across an album by the japanese hard rock band Loudness.' Thunder In The East '
    If you want to give the 1st 6 VH release's a break, I would suggest giving this a listen. The guitar wizardry from Akira Takisaki is AWESOME. This band came on to American shores in 1985. I saw them open for Motley Crue and Mick Mars should have just stayed in his dressing room. They never really took off in the U.S. but if you want to hear some killer riff's in the classic VH style, I suggest finding this cd or downloading some of their tunes. It's really great stuff. And the lyrics are in english, not japanese.
  • Mezro
    Full Member Status

• May 2004

Throw away the Loudness album and get EZO instead.

Mezro...a much better Japanese band...but Akira is an amazing player...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Fuckin' A....

Saw them two nights straight at the Budokan in Tokyo in '85....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• WACF
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Heard "Crazy Nights" the other night on Net Radio...forgot all about that one.

Cool tune....

Comment

• Mezro
          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by WACF
          Heard "Crazy Nights" the other night on Net Radio...forgot all about that one.

Cool tune....
          "Wok un woll craeeseh gnats, uh areh theee hiro tognat"

Mezro...that guy had oatmeal mouth vocals...
          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Yeah, but you should have seen these guys in Tokyo....

They put on a helluva show, and that's having 99% of the show in Japanese !!

I did speak the lingo fairly well back then, but that was mostly conversation dealing with girls or beer....

I guess you could compare it to VH in L.A., the crowds were fanatical....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Love that album !! Great Riffage indeed !!
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Very true indeed these guys friggin rocked.
                Back in the headbangers ball on MTV i seen the rock n roll crazy nights
                video went ape shit and bought the cassette on the following friday
                Roth Army MP
                Originally posted by Panamark
                Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
                or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
                Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
                Originally posted by JAY HALE
                so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

• Reverberator
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Aug 2004

Fuck me . Loudness , what an album " lightning strikes was " . I have it on vinyl , scratched to fuck somewhere in the garage . I must try to locate a cd or a download .
                  Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                  the chazzers are so lucky
                  so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
                  http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

All I ever heard of them was "Soldier of Fortune", had Mike Vescera on vocals...fucking HATED it almost from the moment it started, but the guitarist was a better-than-average Malmsteen clone. I figured all their stuff probably sounded like this, so after I finished puking, I threw the tape away and vowed never to listen to them again.

Apparently, I might have missed something...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Yeah Bob, you got the "Hagar-ized" version of Loudness....

Try to grab "Thunder in the East" or "Lightning Strikes", you won't be disappointed.....

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

banzaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Coyote
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Re: A Forgotten Gem

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                          Looking through my old record collection I came across an album by the japanese hard rock band Loudness.' Thunder In The East '
                          If you want to give the 1st 6 VH release's a break, I would suggest giving this a listen. The guitar wizardry from Akira Takisaki is AWESOME. This band came on to American shores in 1985. I saw them open for Motley Crue and Mick Mars should have just stayed in his dressing room. They never really took off in the U.S. but if you want to hear some killer riff's in the classic VH style, I suggest finding this cd or downloading some of their tunes. It's really great stuff. And the lyrics are in english, not japanese.
                          Yeah, I got that LP...

Que mucho tono!
                          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...