Running diary of State Of The Union address...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Running diary of State Of The Union address...

9:08 (click over from the Bruins game...1-0 B's by the way)

9:08:24 Connie Rice...looks tense

9:11 Intro. Georgie and much applause (standing ovation)

9:12 Now batting leadoff...the US soldiers! (standing ovation)

9:13 Tax relief...(standing ovation)

9:13:45 Shot of Ted Kennedy's huge head (was he shaking his head "no", or was that early Parkinsons coming on?)

9:14 "The state of our union is confident and strong..." (standing ovation)

9:15 First 9/11 mention

9:16 "The danger will be defeated..." (standing ovation)

9:17 Interesting applause from the Dem side when Bush mentions that some parts of the Patriot Act will expire next year...some speech writer is SO FIRED!

9:18 "Bring terrorists to justice" (standing ovation)

9:19 (Daves PA rental's eyes starting to glaze over.)
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

9:20 "The people of Iraq are free..." (standing ovation)

9:21 Still nothing domestic...

9:21:40 "The former leader of Iraq now sits in a prison cell..." (standing ovation) Amen.

9:22 Bush looks confident and sounds clear...no mispronunciations yet...

9:23 Can someone tell him not to scrunch up his forehead like that?

9:24 Who's that? The new King of Iraq? Pa-chachi is his name?...(standing ovation)

9:24:24 LIBYA!!!! Did he just say "nuke-you-ler" or nuclear?

9:25 "no on can now doubt the word of America..." (Daves PA rental nods his head in agreement...)

9:26 He said "nuke-you-ler" again!

9:26:17 Heh, heh...he said "rostrum"...

9:27 (Daves PA rental goes to get a Jack and Coke...)
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You forgot to mention that most of those standing ovations were only on the far right side of the aisle

God, I can't believe I sat through an hour and 15 minutes of lies and bullshit
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

9:28 PM...wow! 4 minutes between standing ovations. (standing ovation) This one is long to make up for the time...

9:29 another 9/11 mention

9:29:14 "We opened up a can of whoop-ass on y'all" (world terrorists) (standing ovation)

9:30 Arrrrrrrrgh!!! Ted Kennedy's mutant head! (Holey Parkinsons disease, Batman! Look at that head shake!)

9:31 Standing O from Hillary (I would bang her sideways...)

9:32 Um, was that outloud?

9:32:06 Bush rolls up his sleeves like a wild man and starts pounding his fist in the air, yelling the names of random states...oh wait, that was Howard Dean last night...

9:33 another standing 0...missed it

9:34 another standing 0...missed it (something about the middle east)

9:34:22 (Daves PA rental's cat knocks over the Jack and Coke...scampers guiltily away to the basement...)

9:35 What did I miss? (mopping up spilled Jack and Coke...)

9:36 Connie Rice has a "furrowed brow"

9:36:51 Wha? Bush mentions the economy! (standing ovation)

9:36:55 (Daves PA rental goes to get another drink...)

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

guy's a nut.

prisoner re-entry program? what the fuck, let 'em learn that shit in prison, they don't have much to do all day as it is.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

9:39 (Daves PA rental has an uneasy feeling that they are about to show Ted Kennedy's head on the TV again...)

9:39:47 "No child left behind..." doesnt work. I am a public school teacher. I know. But that might be a topic for another thread...

9:41 Rod Paige looks like he's just about to yell "BINGO!"

9:43 OK, ive hung in there for 43 minutes...getting bored...are the Bruins still on?

9:43 "Tax cuts should be perminant"...quick shot to uncomfortable-looking Democratic Senator...

9:45 Spencer Abraham's head looks like a tan Ted Kennedy's...

9:46 (fading fast...) social security...tax dollars...(eyes getting heavy...)

9:46:34 (feeling sleepy now. contimplate self-mutilization just for a change of pace...)

9:48 "If you want to pick lettuce, you should be able to pick lettuce...and we should get income tax from you wet-back son's of bitches...(ok, he really didnt say that...)

9:52 (click!)

9:52:20 BRUINS WIN!!! Beat the Winnipeg Rangers 4-1

9:52:45 (click back to Bushie...) just in time for...ANOTHER standing ovation! Wow, what are the odds of that?

9:53 (Im almost falling out...)

9:54 --im out.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              You forgot to mention that most of those standing ovations were only on the far right side of the aisle
              FORD, was that your first State of the Union speech? Everyone knows that when a Republican is the president, all the Republicans stand and clap. And when a Democrat is the president, all the Democrats stand and clap...

(dude, I feel like picking on you tonight...)

Comment

• lucky wilbury

that b's game was a good one. who would have thought that without joe they would smackdown the rangers again. and what a cheap shot on rolston at the end.

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

what the fuck was the steroids speel about?good grief,that was horrible.....maybe he's eluding to Dean's "roid-rage" like outbursts....probably a stretch.

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Bush wants coaches to put a stop to steroid use so our kids have a better rolemodel..

I'm still trying to figure out how that whole thing fit into the speech.

Oh well, it was at least a good point to drag out of nowhere, lol.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                      Bush wants coaches to put a stop to steroid use so our kids have a better rolemodel..

I'm still trying to figure out how that whole thing fit into the speech.

Oh well, it was at least a good point to drag out of nowhere, lol.
                      Maybe it's because he knows first hand what decades of drug abuse can do to a body?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Pink Spider
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

I watched the first 20 minutes of lie after lie after lie after lie...then turned it off. Neo-con rhetoric is both pathetic AND boring. At least the usual "useful idiots" probably liked it.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Daves PA rental
                          FORD, was that your first State of the Union speech? Everyone knows that when a Republican is the president, all the Republicans stand and clap. And when a Democrat is the president, all the Democrats stand and clap...

No shit, but this bunch takes it to obnoxious levels. These Republicans in Congress know this guy's a fucking buffoon. But they love having all this power, so they stand and applaud everything the silly bastard says just to make it a good show. But they're overacting. Sometimes I swear the networks were running an overdubbed soundtrack with all the noise.

I half expected to hear Santorum yell out "Junior fuckin rocks dude!!" when he announced his support for the insane proposed homophobia ammendment.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD

I half expected to hear Santorum yell out "Junior fuckin rocks dude!!" when he announced his support for the insane proposed homophobia ammendment.
                            I'm sorry dude, but my values are non-negotiable. give everyone the same equal rights but, we don't have to destroy the sacred union of marriage in the process.
                            Why is it ok to disregard the values this country was founded on?
                            Why do our children have to be subjected to homosexuals in public?
                            or better yet, Why do our court systems allow children to be adopted by gay couples?

The list goes on and i'm just not liberal like that.

The world is going mad and nobody knows right from wrong anymore. I just think it's wrong and our kids shouldn't have to live in such a vulgar society. I know my childhood wasn't like that.
                            No matter what we teach our children the draw and influence of society is a threat to their mental well being.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Pink Spider
                              I watched the first 20 minutes of lie after lie after lie after lie...then turned it off.
                              Those 'big words' scared you off, huh?
                              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...