X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scrapdizzy
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Aug 2004

Atomic Punks, worth seeing?

ANyone know if the Atomic Punks is worth going to check out? They are ocming to town in a couple weeks and I heard the guitarist was amazing.

But then someone told me DLR pulled him and he now is with Dave....anyone know the scoop?

scrap
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Well yeah, the punks are the breeding ground for Dave's guitarists.. LOL..

Ive never seen them, but have never heard a bad review. Ive heard Ralph (The lead singer) singing Dave (on a recording) and its chilling.
    When I first heard Ralph sing, I thought it was some rare studio recording of Van Halen that I had never heard before..

Not sure who they have playing lead guitar at the moment, but two of their guitarists (Bart Walsh and Brian Young) have ended up playing for the Main Man...

GO !!
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yes definately worth seeing. As Panamark mentioned they've been the farm team for dave's last 2 guitarist and their current guitarist is great too. David Lee Ralph is the closest you'll come to the younger Dave...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• SoCalChelle
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Absolutely! The Atomic Punks rule! I have interviews with all of them on my site if you want to get to know them better before you see the show. The URL's in my sig. Definitely go see them!
        Formerly Tormented VH Fan
        Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• kennyboy
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

Yes, I saw them in West Seattle a couple years back and they ruled. Plus NO Spammy tunes.
          http://www.npr.org/911hearings/image...pr/memo600.jpg

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
            Head Fluffer
            • Jun 2004

A PUNKS

HOLY SHIT!!!!! If you have never seen A Punks you need to go. IMMEDIATELY. Ralph (who does DLR) is incredible. I have seen them several times in the L.A. area and have turned friends of mine who had never seen them onto them. They are as close as you're gonna get to the energy and magic of the original lineup. I've seen some other VH tribute bands (I will not name anyone) and they didn't COME CLOSE to the Punks. Ralph will make you shit your pants. I can almost guarantee it. GO, NOW.
            DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• 5150Clown
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2004

I've seen their videos on their site and it's quit impressive. I wish they would come to the south east. I wrote my local rock station about it, but they have yet to say anything about it.

Punks...come to ATLANTA!!!!
              "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• Figs
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

I thought I heard something a couple years ago that the Foo Fighters were thinking of taking them on tour for their opening act. That would have been great! I'd really like to see these guys, they've got to be the most famous tribute band there is.

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

There is NOBODY playing regular that I would see ahead of them.

They played a festival with regular bands near Minneapolis a couple years back and stole the show.

Atomic Punks ARE vintage Van Halen right now.

MUST SEE!!!
                  "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                  "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Closest thing you'll get to seeing classic VH! Ralph does a MEAN DLR!
                    Check um out! You won't be sorry!

Comment

• Keeyth
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2004

Yeah, I've never seen them, but just from checking out their videos on their site, I wanna see them BAD!

However, their tour calendar doesn't bring them up to Northern Cali very often as far as I can tell. Still waiting...
                      Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• 5150Clown
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2004

Yeah, I heard Dave Grohl loved them and he wanted to take them on tour. Not what happened.

Someone ought to bring those guys here. I'm sure they are hard core classic VH fans.
                        "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• MUSICMAN64
                          Roadie
                          • Jun 2004

THEY WILL BLOW YOU AWAY. I'VE SEEN THEM MORE TIMES THAN I CAN COUNT. THEY EVEN PULLED ME UP ONCE AND I SANG MOST OF THE FULL BUG. THEY ARE AMAZING. FROM THERE SOUND RIGHT DOWN TO THE OUTFITS. RALPH IS A DEAD ON YOUNG DAVE. LOOKS, VOICE, MANNERISMS. CLOTHES, AND THE SCREAMS! RIGHT ON THE MONEY. SEE THEM AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. THERE HERE IN MY TOWN NEXT WEEK AS WELL. I NEVER MISS THEM. BY FAR THE BEST VH TRIBUTE IN THE COUNTRY.

Comment

• scrapdizzy
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Aug 2004

Holy Shit!

What a great show that was!

Atomic Punks fucking Rule!

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Yeah, they're great...Ralph's cool. Last I heard Russ Parrish was on guitar, and he rips...has a Wayne VH1-era Frankenstrat replica, even!First time I saw 'em, Mike Anthony jammed with them on the 1st two tunes...they opened with 'Romeo Delight'. With MA singing the harmonies if you closed your eyes it was 1979 all over again...fucking awesome. DEFINITELY check them out.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...