X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • light 'em up!
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

VH show August 12, 1979

Today is the 25th year anniversary of the greatest rock and roll concert I've ever been to. Were you there too?

Light 'em up!
  • light 'em up!
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

DLR Photo 8/12/79

Here's a snapshot I took of Dave that night!

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by light 'em up!
      Here's a snapshot I took of Dave that night!
      Damn yeah! Welcome aboard, and don't mind the sheep shit.....watch where you walk!
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• inh_james
        Groupie
        • Jan 2004

incredible pic! Welcome aboard private

Comment

• Bob_R
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ed played the other side of the stage that night? He's usually on the right if you're watching, on the left on the stage.
          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• light 'em up!
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2004

EVH Fanatic,

EVH WAS on the right side of the stage that night and MA was on the left... as usual. The pic shows Dave at the extreme right of the stage unleashing his Daveness. He was all over the place!
            Last edited by light 'em up!; 08-12-2004, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
              Commando
              • May 2004

I admire anyone who witnessed these guys destroy the world in 79. They were in their prime and hungry to rule the world of rock. I saw them in 84 and it was AWESOME, but to see them in 78 or 79 would have been something else. I had the unfortunate experience of seeing the 5150 and FUCK TOURS and left early do to boredom. There is just no comparison to the DLR era, I don't care what the sheep say.

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                I admire anyone who witnessed these guys destroy the world in 79. They were in their prime and hungry to rule the world of rock. I saw them in 84 and it was AWESOME, but to see them in 78 or 79 would have been something else. I had the unfortunate experience of seeing the 5150 and FUCK TOURS and left early do to boredom. There is just no comparison to the DLR era, I don't care what the sheep say.
                Damn, well I wish I EVER saw them. I was just under 10 when they broke up, so I wouldn't have been able to see them, unfortunately.
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...