is dave comin back next year?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilELVIS

is dave comin back next year?

it makes me wonder....van hagar tour and cds are not doing very well....u think dave may have already signed on? why hasnt he comented on anything...just wishful thinking i guess...what yall think?
  • tobinentinc
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

I dunno, I did hear a RUMOR Dave and the sisters in 2005. So I dunno I'm keepin my fingers crossed.
    http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I'm not holding my breath. These idiots have never made a smart decision concerning money when it comes to Dave (I mean the brothers, not Dave). I mean, to not get Dave back partly because they don't want him getting a percentage? And also, to destroy a reunion with Dave in 1996 and get Gary Cherone? Talk about some of the stupidest decisions in music history. Just as Dave thought he was the show in 1985 (although I think in a way, he was), VH think they are the show. And they won't just get Dave back because things aren't selling.

Still, I hope I'm wrong. But at this point, I don't really expect Dave to ever come back. I just want the band to fuck off and stop giving the legacy a worse and worse name.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
        I'm not holding my breath. These idiots have never made a smart decision concerning money when it comes to Dave (I mean the brothers, not Dave). I mean, to not get Dave back partly because they don't want him getting a percentage? And also, to destroy a reunion with Dave in 1996 and get Gary Cherone? Talk about some of the stupidest decisions in music history. Just as Dave thought he was the show in 1985 (although I think in a way, he was), VH think they are the show. And they won't just get Dave back because things aren't selling.

Still, I hope I'm wrong. But at this point, I don't really expect Dave to ever come back. I just want the band to fuck off and stop giving the legacy a worse and worse name.

RIGHT on RIKK. You got my vote! 5 Stars bro!

FUCK Van Hagar!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
          RIGHT on RIKK. You got my vote! 5 Stars bro!

FUCK Van Hagar!!!!

Thank you brother! Now you got my vote!
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

I doubt Dave is coming back.

Ed's under the sway of Alex. That's enough to keep Dave out of Van Halen.

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

No.

1) The VH brothers REALLY FUCKING HATE Dave

2) The VH brothers insist that the Hagar material is better and would never play a concert without those songs, conversely Dave would never sing those songs.

3)The VH brothers really do not want to see the crowds that would show up for a reunion concert, much less have people cheer for Dave as much as Ed.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

never say never with van halen. crazy things happen.

am i expecting dave back with van halen? nope.

at the same time, i didn't expect dave and ed to mend the fences in 2000; or ed and sam to mend it in 2004. or sam and dave to tour together in 2002. or ed to stick with the guitar and not take up the tuba after gary left.

the smart money says do NOT bet on seeing dave with van halen again. but, don't bet your life on it...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'll say NO... Dave is not coming back next year with Van Halen.

No blissful teary-eyed hope and wishful thinking for me. Whether this Hagar tour and BOBW release tanks or is successful plays no contributing factor in Van Halen's plans with Dave.

It's just not that simple... It's not like Ed and Al would be sitting in the aftermath of this current tour going:

"Damn this deal w/ Sam just wasn't as great as we thought, What do you think Al?"

"Yeah you're right Eddie. Now what?"

"Fuck it, let's try it with Dave!!"

Not going to happen... sorry but that's not what I see in the cards and tea-leaves...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

No way. Number one, I think Ed is all washed up. He's done. He wouldnt be willing to put the work in that Dave would demand. Secondly, Al has continued to bash Dave in the press. True it hasnt been especially vicious, but if there was a plan with Dave already in place, no way he would saying anything like that. Just look at the new liner notes(you not me)...........that should give you a good idea about the chances of Dave returning.

Comment

• partymonger
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Jan 2004

I agree, Dave will never be back in with the sisters halen. Will be interesting to see what will happen if they ever get inducted to the hall of fame. You know they wont allow Dave to steal the show, and he will too..........

Comment

• lms2

The sisters dont hate Dave, they hate working with Dave...but there is always a chance that it will happen. However, once I start thinking that way, I start reading WAY too much into all this bull shit that is said and done, and I just can't put myself through that again.

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Dave back with Van Halen in 2005 would be great,since the tour and cd sales are so bad why not.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Gee, how many times have we had threads like this....

If it were left up to only the VH bros., I'd say absolutely not.... Like others have already said, their dislike for Dave is just too much to overcome if they have any control over the situation....

The ONLY way this will ever happen is if management, i.e. record company, INSISTS that any upcoming VH endeavors WILL be with Dave, or they will be without a label again.....

Now, understanding how boneheaded the Heiniken's are, I can easily see them saying, OK fuck you, we're gone....

But, if they ever looked past the bullshit of this half-empty tour and ridiculous BOBW marketing, they'd realize they'd have one last shot at the big payday....

And it ain't gonna be with Sambo....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• horty07
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jun 2004

I have been hoping for this since 85. But if it does happen how in the hell can Alex look Dave in the face.

Comment

Working...