X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sambo
    Sniper
    • Jun 2004

BOBW Rant

I bought the new VH - Best of Both Worlds with 3 (rushed) new songs and Hagar doing 3 Roth tunes live. They’ve already released a Best of Volume 1 a few years back.

I know they were one of the best bands of their time but I feel as if I have just bowed to the corporate man and copped it with no lube.

But it’s still Van Halen (OK...Spam Hagar)… and I felt compelled to still have every one in the collection. Although to pay $35 for what is essentially 3 more songs is just the records company’s way of fcking you over for every last mthrfckn cent you have.

The 3 new songs have been lyrically rushed, solos and guitar tone have suffered and they have been flung out on tour. If you read some concert reviews they “appear out of sync” and Ed “seems to be a bit lost”. Another 6 months of rehearsing, add to that the maybe 6 more months of hype / media / fan interest and it would have been a better result for all concerned. (OK....I'm trying to be impartial here, I'm a Roth fan, but maybe even Eddie could have benefited from practising and remembering some of his songs?)

One single has already come and gone (who can name it?)… a new one is apparently released today in the US. Eddie says he has a whole bag of new tunes, well…why didn’t they fckn just wait and do it right?

Eddie even said that they “wouldn’t do a greatest hits and wouldn’t be a nostalgia band” …Well guess what Ed?, it is certainly appearing that way, get your head out of your arse and fckn act like a band who has their shit together, 'cos from where I sit...

and to the various record company execs involved…. fck you and the non musical horses you rode in on…

- disgruntled
    Last edited by sambo; 08-16-2004, 01:09 AM.
    Go home the Earth is full....
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

So, what's new?
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• sambo
      Sniper
      • Jun 2004

Ha!

I know... just had to get it off my chest... should have known better really...

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

You should have read a few posts here first, could have downloaded the three new songs, and saved $35 !
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Had he read a few posts here, he would have not only saved the $35 but the time also - the songs ain't exactly worth the download, lol...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• hotdog@ a shake
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2004

well...at least the remastering on the CLASSIC Dave era tunez sound real good...

jus made my own CD-R of all the "ROTH" trax from the last cash in "BEST OF..." and it fuckin' KIX ASS!!!

Volume 2 is next up...u know, "Romeo Delight", "Hang 'Em High", "Light Up The Sky" etc etc...CLASSIC and relevant any which way u look at it!!!

ROTH 'N ROLL Bro's...

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Yeah I was going to say that, but he seemed intent on hearing the new tunes.. I was curious enough to download them. Complete Shite compared to the new tunes on BOV1...
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• sambo
                Sniper
                • Jun 2004

Yeah I know P.Mark... I read the posts but decided to get it anyway in a fit of lunacy.

I agree that a cd-r of Roth trax is probably the way to go, I agree with the remastering comment though. Oh well.

I may give it to my young nephew to show him the joys of early Van Halen but then again I don't want him to go all soft and soppy when he hears the Spam Halen tracks. I'll just give him a copy of VH1 for his birthday, let him hear Eruption, just like I did, and let nature take it's course.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sambo
                  I'll just give him a copy of VH1 for his birthday, let him hear Eruption, just like I did, and let nature take it's course.
                  that's the spirit...but put a little EAAS as a bonus...just to make things sure...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• sambo
                    Sniper
                    • Jun 2004

LOL!

Absolutely, better to be safe....

Cheers!

Comment

Working...