X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutch
    Groupie
    • Feb 2004

Van Heineken (VH Tribute) Sept. 17 in Atlanta

On the same evening Van Hagar phones in a set at Philips Arena in Atlanta, classic Van Halen tribute band Van Heineken will be getting its Roth on at The Star Bar in Little Five Points. This protest to a Dave-less reunion will also feature a Guns 'n' Roses tribute band and other surprises. Expect a full-costumed set with bells, whistles and plenty of rawk. Hope to see you there.
  • 5150Clown
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

Is this for real? Yo, is this the bar where they have metal kariokee?
    "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• Dutch
      Groupie
      • Feb 2004

Yes, this is very much for real. I organized this as my personal soap box against the Van Hagar debacle and its Atlanta tour stop. I've enlisted some pro musicians all with a passion for classic Van Halen. The band is really coming together at rehearsals, and it should be an unbridled blast.

And The Star Bar does Your 15 Minutes of Fame karaoke every Monday night featuring a nice selection of metal tunes.

Comment

• 5150Clown
        Head Fluffer
        • Mar 2004

Thanks man.....If I don't go to the show..I'm gonna head out and check you guys out.

BTW - I wanna do the kareokee deal man. Except I want to do "Breaking the law" by Judas Priest!!!! It's been a fantasy of mine...hahahahahaha
        "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• RogueHorseman
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

Love it!

Great work, my brother in arms!!
          <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• RogueHorseman
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

A 5 Star vote for you Dutch, AND today's Tip Of The Ten Gallon Hat<sup>TM</sup> to you, Sir!
            <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• 5150Clown
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2004

You guys ought to call the TV station. Like a protest kinda thing. They love that crap. Especially if it's a slow news day.

Comment

• rustoffa
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dutch
                Yes, this is very much for real. I organized this as my personal soap box against the Van Hagar debacle and its Atlanta tour stop. I've enlisted some pro musicians all with a passion for classic Van Halen. The band is really coming together at rehearsals, and it should be an unbridled blast.

And The Star Bar does Your 15 Minutes of Fame karaoke every Monday night featuring a nice selection of metal tunes.
                I witnessed the saturday rehearsal and these mofos are very much for real.

Along with Dutch channeling the voice of DLR, is our very own Roth-Halen channeling the brown sound . Kelly Sanford on the drums, formerly of the the mighty Super X 13, is well known and highly regarded around these parts. Max Forstater on bass will deliver in spades.

Yours truly will be contributing in a "supporting" role as well.

I'll sticky a proper announcement as the date gets closer.

It's gonna be a blast y'all.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

Wow... I didn't realize all you guys lived in the Atlanta area.

Keep me in the loop, please.

Comment

• Roth-Halen
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

This is going to be a hell of a show!
                    You shouldnt miss it!

Comment

• Dutch
                      Groupie
                      • Feb 2004

Here's the flyer for the show. It's definitely going to be a no-holds-barred affair!

The show should start around 11:30 p.m.

The Web site for the Star Bar is www.starbar.net.

Comment

• BigDaddyD
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2004

That is hilarious. Someone should email that to the VH camp.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2004

True enough BigDaddy, but they KNOW full well just how badly they are doing here (and everywhere else, nationwide.... worldwide) with ticket and CD sales.

It is pathetic the level of hype and shill the guys at 96 Rock are being forced to give this show by parent CCC, and still, interest is extremely low. The public at large, quite literally, isn't buying.

KLS caught so much flack from listeners over the promos with Dave era stuff all over them that they re-cut the spots to clearly point out that its Sammy on lead vocals and even calling the band Van HAGAR... Maybe, there really was something to that rumor of an Atlanta attorney and threats of a class action suit over the deceptive promotion of the tour.

At any rate, Phillips will be papered to hell and back with comps AND STILL BE OVER HALF EMPTY it looks like.
                          Last edited by RogueHorseman; 09-09-2004, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• BigDaddyD
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

I mean the name Van Heinekin is great.

Comment

• light 'em up!
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2004

I love it!

Comment

Working...