Boycott the Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boycott the Boss

Wouldn't be caught buying this tool's awful music to begin with but cool just the same.

Boycott the Boss

Call to 'Boycott the Boss'
    Albany, New York
    August 17, 2004 - 10:17AM

Upset with Bruce Springsteen's effort to oust President George Bush from the White House, the New York Conservative Party's candidate for the US Senate is launching a "Boycott the Boss" television commercial.

"He thinks making millions with a song-and-dance routine allows him to tell you how to vote," Marilyn O'Grady says in the 30-second spot.

"Here's my vote: Boycott the Boss. If you don't buy his politics, don't buy his music."

In a statement, O'Grady said Springsteen "has a right to say what he thinks, but we have an equal right to speak. Now that he's moved onto the political stage to bash my president, it is entirely fair to respond".

Springsteen was among more than 20 prominent musicians who announced on August 4 that they would hold a series of anti-Bush fundraising concerts under the "Vote for Change" banner in 28 cities in October.

"I feel this is one of the most critical elections in my lifetime," Springsteen said.

Springsteen's No Surrender has become an anthem for Democratic Senator John Kerry's presidential campaign.

Advertisement
    Advertisement
    O'Grady spokesman Howard Lim would not say how much the Long Island ophthalmologist's campaign was spending on the commercial, in which she says, "I stand with President Bush and it's time to tame the liberal elite".

A Springsteen publicist said today that the singer did not plan to comment about the ad.

- AP

.....I'm just saying
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Ah, this is nothing new for Springsteen. That's just his style. Hats off for using his talent to further a worthy cause.

Comment

I would say "boycott Ted Nugent", but that's been going on since about 1980 anyway

However, I **Do** find it ironic that an opthalmologist can be so FUCKING BLIND!
      Last edited by Satan; 08-17-2004, 12:14 PM.
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

It's great to tell right wing fascist mother fuckers to go fuck off.

Comment

Ive been boycotting the dude for over twenty years now, thanks for reminding me

Comment

BTW, I'm not surprised to find this article in a Murdoch paper, but he had to go all the way to Australia to print it. Did the NY Post actually reject the article??

Hey, right wing tabloid fishwrapper they are, but the Post ain't dumb enough to forget how popular Bruce is in the NYC area.
            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Satan
              I would say "boycott Ted Nugent", but that's been going on since about 1980 anyway

However, I **Do** find it ironic that an opthalmologist can be so FUCKING BLIND!
              Originally posted by distortion9
              O'Grady spokesman Howard Lim would not say how much the Long Island ophthalmologist's campaign was spending on the commercial, in which she says, "I stand with President Bush and it's time to tame the liberal elite".

But, but...I like the Nuge. He's my favorite kind of conservative. Everything out in the open, and 0% bullshit. I'd take him any day over the neo-conservative jack-offs I deal with on a daily basis.

And this whole 'taming' thing- what the hell izzat all about? What are we, a bunch of lions? And if that's the case, can we maul the lion-tamer? What about the conservative elite? Do we have the right to tame the subdivision dwellers?

If so, then let the first orders of business in conservative house-breaking be to cut off the Fox News Channel, toilet paper Rush Limbaugh's house, and sponsor the induction of large numbers of black and hispanic families into exclusive country clubs!

C'mon admit it- that concept is kinda funny.
              Last edited by WolfStar999; 08-17-2004, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Rock legend Bruce Springsteen has a right to speak his mind & go on this meaningless, worthless Vote For Change tour supporting John Kerry which will backfire on the Dixie Chicks even more with their fan base than it already has while Springsteen has nothing to lose since his time has come & gone as an important & influential artist whether this boycott works or not.

Comment

I would never say boycott the Nuge or Dee Snider for voicing their opinions....

Comment

Working...
                  X