X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

im so glad?

dumb question, I know. But whats the back story to this song? They played it live better never recorded it. Was it just a fill in between songs on tour?
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"
  • Roth-Halen
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

Whats up BT!
    Nice to see you around!
    Did you see this thread?

Comment

• secrets
      Foot Soldier
      • Apr 2004

I'm So Glad was a song originally written and played by Cream (Clapton, Bruce, Baker) in the late 60's.

I love the way they played this in the middle of SGMAD live.
      Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

see? shit I THOUGHT i was a hardcore VH fan, and then I go and ask a dumb question. Just goes to show that there is alot to learn about this fantasic classic rock n roll band. Thanks guys.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Roth-Halen
          Whats up BT!
          Nice to see you around!
          Did you see this thread?

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...&threadid=9094
          I did, thanks. Sounds like a great fuckin' show, but Im a cpl thousand miles away.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

Cream is pretty good. I like song crossroads by them.

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by secrets
              I'm So Glad was a song originally written and played by Cream (Clapton, Bruce, Baker) in the late 60's.

I love the way they played this in the middle of SGMAD live.
              I'm So Glad was written by the great bluesman Skip James, although Van Davin's cover of the tune was most definitely from the Cream version...Skip sang in an eerie falsetto and played in a lotta weird open tunings...he was a big influence on Robert Johnson, who turned Skip's piano blues 32-20 Blues into a guitar tune.

Comment

• secrets
                Foot Soldier
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Loons The Great
                I'm So Glad was written by the great bluesman Skip James, although Van Davin's cover of the tune was most definitely from the Cream version...Skip sang in an eerie falsetto and played in a lotta weird open tunings...he was a big influence on Robert Johnson, who turned Skip's piano blues 32-20 Blues into a guitar tune.
                Hey, there you go, and for some reason I thought it was a Cream original.
                Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

I"M SO GLAD!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Loons knows his shit!
                    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Reverberator
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
                      Cream is pretty good. I like song crossroads by them.
                      Only if yer keep it in the fridge fakker (c).
                      Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                      the chazzers are so lucky
                      so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
                      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

after zero. before or after zero???? deep thinking.

Comment

• Lou

Somebody Get Me a Doctor / I'm So Glad...played on every show of the Hide Your Sheep Tour except the rehearsals and the first three shows.

My absolute favorite Van Halen piece performed live, hands down.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

no no...different question. If After Zero is supposed to have taken place after Zero, then why does it sound more like a rehearsal than Zero. Zero, the Gene Simmons disc sounds more like a cut album all cleaned and edited, while After Zero sounds more like demos. Not complaining though, just an observation. Maybe one that alot of people already made??? I asked this question a few times without an answer so far.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Also I have a Running with the Devil demo that's not on Zero or After. How many cuts of this song did they actually do before settling on the track for the VH1 CD?

Comment

Working...