"Jump"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jump"

what meaning does Van Halen's "Jump" carry for you? Just trying to get a feel for what other people think.

Well, when I hear it I get all hyper and excited like I have ADD or something... It has a really good positive upbeat.

Comment

Fun and good times

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

To me, it's kind of on the vibe of "That's Life", ya know, "whatever comes your way, fahgedda 'bout it" kind of attitude towards stuff. And when good things come your way, "jump" to them.

Comment

To me it means jumping off a cliff, committing suicide. Ed is hell-bent on recording radio-friendly power-pop, so what can you do?

Might as well jump...

Comment

Yeah, I'd always assumed that it was about suicide. That's what makes it so fun, it's a really dark theme tucked inside a radio friendly tune.

Comment

I never got suicide out of it but I understand what you guys mean

Comment

or just jumping ship...

Comment

Dave got the idea from watching TV news and there was a guy standing on a ledge ready to jump to his death and the crowd below was shouting at him to jump over and over, go ahead and jump, anyway thats were it came from....
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

Yes the song is about a guy contemplating suicide...but I think it has an undercurrent about those melodramatic people who threaten shit like that for the attention factor. Dave is saying don't give it to 'em. You will just encourage it.

The song to me personally is just a kickin it good time song. Me and a friend got kicked out of a bar for dancing to that song. We were jumping off the speaker towers.
                      "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

Pretty damn funny Figs!

Comment

I think jump is the coolest song ever! no song can make you feel like dancin as much as jump! I especialy lve the keyboard solo!

Comment

Jump is a little synth heavy, but I still love it!

Comment

Hi, new member from Belgium. To me 'Jump' is the best song ever !

Comment

Working...
                              X