PDA

View Full Version : Guys, dont listen to the media: my Patriots are the best team in football...

Dave's PA Rental
08-20-2004, 11:50 PM
can you say running game and killer defense? Not to mention Tom Brady putting on 15 pounds of muscle and throwing the ball with the accuracy of a pitching machine...

please dont get your hopes up kids...

LoungeMachine
08-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
can you say running game and killer defense? Not to mention Tom Brady putting on 15 pounds of muscle and throwing the ball with the accuracy of a pitching machine...

Please don't flame me for this but...............

John Clayton today said that the 2 best teams going in this year are Minn. and Seattle.

I've waited 20 years for this

I've endured Ken Behring, Ground Chuck Knox, The Kingdome, Brian Bosworth, Hand me Down Raiders coaches, AND ENOUGH SWALLOWED PRIDE TO MAKE JENNA JAMESON BLUSH

Please let this be our year., God

You took away our Mariners hopes by giving us Bob Melvin

You teased us with the fucking Sonics

LET THIS BE OUR YEAR.

AMEN

Dave's PA Rental
08-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Maybe the Vikings, but I bet Dante gets hurt early.

(mmmmmm...Jenna Jameson...)

LoungeMachine
08-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Gee, thanks

With my luck the highlight of the season will be the FIRING of Holmgren

Va Beach VH Fan
08-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
John Clayton today said that the 2 best teams going in this year are Minn. and Seattle.

Homer pick, Clayton is from Seattle....

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/moore/184182_moore30.html

"Clayton, who lives in Renton, also hosts a Saturday morning sports talk show on KJR."

Just like Berman always picks the Niners, shit gets old.....

LoungeMachine
08-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Homer pick, Clayton is from Seattle....

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/moore/184182_moore30.html

"Clayton, who lives in Renton, also hosts a Saturday morning sports talk show on KJR."

Just like Berman always picks the Niners, shit gets old.....

Clayton'e no homer.

That was my point.

He usual points out our Seahags glaring weaknesses quite well

I'm just saying.......

POJO_Risin
08-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Seattle will be good this year...no doubt about it...

Super Bowl? No way...but stranger things have happened...

New England will be good this year as well...and have to be looked at as the favorites in the AFC...until someone knocks them out...

Figs
08-21-2004, 10:18 AM
NE definitely is the team to beat especially with Dillon. Well, I think my Jets will have a good offense anyway, not too sure about the D.

POJO_Risin
08-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Let's not forget that Dillon isn't exactly stable...New England or not...

I'm not sold on their running game...but like Kevin Faulk a ton...

Figs
08-21-2004, 10:28 AM
That's true about Dillon, but it gets a lot harder to stir up shit when you are on a winning team.

POJO_Risin
08-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Yeah...but this guy's the one that bitched about playing for the Bengals...then signs a big deal with him after 3 years of bitching and holding out...

gets the huge deal...then begins bitching nearly the next day...

He won't bitch about winning...he'll bitch about playing...

lets not forget that Dillon WAS on a pretty exciting team last year...

and found a way to bitch himself right out of the starting lineup...

ALinChainz
08-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Seattle: The offense is improving every season, Hasselbeck has all but arrived at QB. Running game solid, although I believe Alexander is in a contract year. The OL could be real solid, but Walter Jones' problem with holding out every season with the franchise tag is getting old. Hutchinson is a perrenial Pro Bowler (U of M :D).

Their defnse is changing every season, injuries hit, new free agents, etc. I think they way overpaid for Grant Winstrom. He's solid, but not $14 million bonus solid. I don't see them getting past the Pats.

Dillon keeps his head on straight, although history says he can't, and New England is a lot more dangerous than last season. All they did was ADD, which is unusal for a SB Champ. They usually have guys wanting the big coin elsewhere.

Minnesota is a possibility, shoring up a sore spot with Winfield at CB, and having a good draft on that side of the ball. Defense will determine their fate. Obviously the offense is already looking monster.

One more stellar off-season and look out for the Lions in '06. Playing a Super Bowl at home would be the ultimate.

Figs
08-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Yeah he did! What a jerk. Cincy started to turn it around, but the Pats are the real deal and I don't think the coach or the players are going to let anyone be a cancer in the locker room. It's just harder to pull that when surrounded by wining veterans.

Dave's PA Rental
08-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Reports from camp on Dillon are that he is a happy camper with the Pats, the team loves him and he has never felt this good!

(This still feels weird...chest thumping about the Patriots!)

Lou
08-21-2004, 02:46 PM
The only reason it's tough to pick New England to repeat is because teams in the NFL just don't repeat anymore. Dynasties have been gone since the end of the '90s.

The Patriots are a terrific team, but it's just so tough to repeat in the NFL, which is why the pundits aren't picking them.

Now Minnesota, until they show me they have a defense and can win on the road, I'm not picking them to go far.

POJO_Risin
08-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Well...Dillon has NEVER not been a pain in the ass...even when the reports are good...

that being said...if he's ever NOT going to be a cancer...it would be this year.

We'll see what happens when Faulk plays the majority of 3rd downs...

LoungeMachine
08-21-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Seattle will be good this year...no doubt about it...

Super Bowl

the favorites in the AFC...until someone knocks them out...

Creative editing courtesy of The Machine Of Lounge

POJO CALLED IT

SEAHAGS IN SUPERBOWL

IT'S A LOCK

YOU READ IT HERE FIRST

POJO AINT NEVER WRONG

rustoffa
08-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Just watch the AFC west baby.

LoungeMachine
08-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Just watch the AFC west baby.

The AFC west rivalries were legendary

Seattle Vs Denver

Seattle Vs SD

Seattle Vs Chiefs

Seattle Vs Da Raidas

fuck I miss those days

rustoffa
08-22-2004, 12:16 AM

Seattle Vs Denver

Seattle Vs SD

Seattle Vs Chiefs

Seattle Vs Da Raidas

fuck I miss those days

:D

The NFC west is grate too!

rustoffa
08-22-2004, 12:19 AM

Still are bro.

Raiders/Donkeys
Raiders/Chefs
Raiders/Charlies
:D

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 01:25 AM
Well...I'll give you the I'm never wrong part...;)

Keeyth
08-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental

Uh, not to burst your bubble, but they just got their asses kicked by Cincinatti this week!:D