PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the Monkees?

Wayne L.
08-21-2004, 10:55 AM
I think the Monkees are taken more seriously as artists today compared to when their TV show debuted almost 40 years ago back in 66 since they were a made for television manufactured pop group for 10-15 year olds at the time but they are now in the same leagues with their 60's contemporaries the Beatles, the Byrds, the Stones & the Beach Boys. The Monkees music is timeless, their television show is timeless & their psychedelic, trippy movie Head is a cult classic which is better than 99% of the movies today while Mike Nesmith is a country rock pioneer who is a great singer, songwriter & musician in his own right & my favorite Monkee since he was the rebel of the group but I'll never understand why Micky Dolenz never made it as a solo artist after the Monkees broke up with his distinctive vocals.

Figs
08-21-2004, 11:11 AM
I like them. I can't say I'd want to own more than the greatest hits collection, but they're good. I went to see them in the 80's without Mike. The TV show was fun too.

EbDawson
08-21-2004, 04:48 PM
That TV show was some weird shit.

Don Corleone
08-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
That TV show was some weird shit.

It was meant to be a ripp off of A Hard Days Night.

EbDawson
08-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
It was meant to be a ripp off of A Hard Days Night.

That explains it.

Panamark
08-22-2004, 06:00 AM
Gee, are they really a Beatles rip-off ??

I suppose you are going to tell me that Oasis were also a Beatles
rip off !!! NOOOOO, I DONT BELIEVE YOU !!!

My baby said she's travellin on the one after nine o nine..
I said move over honey, Im travellin on that line..

Take the last train to clarksville and I'll meet you at the
station..

Is it possible to understand The Monkees TV show whilst not on
some form of hallucigen ???

Wayne L.
08-23-2004, 03:30 PM
The Monkees TV show makes MORE sense than Newlyweds with Nick & Jessica anytime of the day, week, month or year.