• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Gannon or Collins?

Turner loves to stretch the field.
    Collins has arguably a stronger arm than Gannon.
    Gannon, IMO, is the more precise.

It's going to be Jerry Porter's breakout season either way, and with
    a rejuvenated line the dark skies are the limit.

I'd still go with Gannon.
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I'd go with Gannon too..but the question remains...will he be healthy...he's about 54 years old...

Collins will end up starting sooner or later...and Davis likes the long ball...

frankly...I'm surprised Gannon wasn't cut yet....

many speculate that Davis will cut him after the 2nd or 3rd preseason game...to keep him from being at all effective for Tampa...who would likely sign him to start...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• rustoffa
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Fuck bro, even Tui looked good last week.

The age factor with Gannon is exactly that, he's dropped some
      weight and lifted a few weights apparently.

I think it's his job to lose....I'm sure that Collins took a deep breath
      when he saw the uniform hanging there as well.

Bridesmaid slot is "up in the air" eh?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

We'll see...I just don't see both those guys staying on that team...especially if Gannon loses the job...to many Gannon guys on that team...

Mark my words...he'll be dumped...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• MAX
          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Who fucking cares? As a die hard Bronco fan I'm pleased with either one as the QB for the quiverin crack!!!! lol!!!!
          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

The Raiders will be far from good...although I do think Porter will be the real deal this year...barring injury...

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

I hate to say it but the AFC West will go down as follows:

KC
              DEN
              OAK
              SD

It sucks for me but I see no way out of that scenerio unless our new defens pays off with Lynch and Bailey.
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Bailey will change that team...he's the real deal...

I just can't see KC's defense being that good...

They'll outscore some teams...but when they play good d's...they are done...and Vermeil will be a cryin'...

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah, Vermeil loves to cry. MAAAMA!!!! I dunno with Holmes, Green and Gonzalez. Same scenerio as the '99 Rams. If they can bombard the scoreboard, I dunno. Fuck that little fucker Duante though!!!! I hate that little prick and everyone on special teams who clips for him!!!!

Ok Poj, I'll take your word regarding Champ and our defense. I am also happy to have such a standup guy like Lynch aboard. I think he will be a great leader for our D.
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by rustoffa
                    Turner loves to stretch the field.
                    Collins has arguably a stronger arm than Gannon.
                    Gannon, IMO, is the more precise.
                    That's the big question IMO...

If you're going to run the same 5 yard dink pass offense that they've been doing for the last several years, then Gannon's still the one....

But if you spread it out, then yeah Collins would be better...

The question then is do they have the WR weapons to run that offense ???

Remember, while Gannon is about 54, that makes Rice 62....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Jerry Porter...there are still questions about him...but not due to not being able to carry the burden...

remember...last year he was injured...yeah...there are questions about Porter...but I think people are forgetting him...

Va...you can just hear the smearing lather when you say "five yard dink offense"

I think this is our new argument of the next couple of years...similar to the Braves strike zone...

lmfao...the five yard dink offense has been a major player since Walsh put it in in San Fran in 1979...

and won the bowl with it a couple of years later...

Now you just see a ton of teams use it...and if you have a couple of fantastic, precise route runners...and a burner...there just isn't a defense that can stop it...

2 and 3 step drops...precise routes...then occasionally...a deep ball...

Nearly every game...it seemed...Montana or Young would hit Rice with a deep ball after dinking the fuck out of them with Wendell Tyler, Roger Craig...their slew of good te's...and great wideouts...from Freddie Solomon to Dwight Clark to Jerry Rice...damn I can't think of his tandem receiver...who was great in his own right...

Believe me...if it won the Steelers a title...I'd be jumping up and down as well...

Comment

• Lou

Nah I see this:

KC
                        DEN
                        SD
                        OAK

Unfortunately for Raider fans this is gonna be a bad year...who do they have on that team? If Jerry Porter is your best player you are in TROUBLE.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Dude...if Jerry Rice is your best player...you are in trouble...and that's in his heydey...

they have nothing else...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            Va...you can just hear the smearing lather when you say "five yard dink offense"

I think this is our new argument of the next couple of years...similar to the Braves strike zone...
                            I'll never let it get to that level....

Those fookin' pitchers ruined the Bucs' only World Series shot since the '79 team.... And with Sid Bream to boot....

Bastards....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

If they just would have ran the West Coast Offense...the Pirates that is...maybe they could have won that game 7...

You see...look what happened when Bonds went "West Coast..."

He actually got to a series...and played well...

lmfao...

Comment

Working...