Guitars Guitars Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars Guitars Guitars

Come on all of you guitarists, let's hear about your amps, effects, strings, and axes.

Guitars, aye?

CAN WE embed src: sounds?

- upload MIDI files?
    - upload WAV files?
    - and most other file formats?

Comment

1984 Hamer Steve Stevens
      mid-90's Hamer Diablo
      Ibanez Talman
      pawnshop J bass (clone)
      currently ampless...
      Alesis Wedge
      DigiTech RP-5

but then there's also...
      Roland S-50 sampler
      Roland SH-101 synth (old school analog)
      Yamaha FB-01
      Alesis D4
      Alesis MMT-8
      Mackie 1202-VLZ
      Alesis RA-100
      Alesis Monitor Ones
      Cakewalk Professional and Sonar
      Native Instruments B4 and FM7 software synths

and i can't play any of it worth a damn...
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Hamer Steve Stevens model eh? Is that the one that had the toy ray guy guts built in?

Comment

64 Fender Duo Sonic
          98 Fender Jimmie Vaughan Tex Mex Strat
          02 Agile Ovation copy

Only amp I have right now is a 65 watt Crate practice amp... I sold my 64 Fender Bassman back to it's original owner after 20 years of good use. My old buddy/bass player sold it to me in 83... he got divorced 3 times and decided he wanted his ole sweetheart back... how could I refuse.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...ā€

Comment

Originally posted by Brownsound1
            Hamer Steve Stevens model eh? Is that the one that had the toy ray gun guts built in?
            his may have. regular models didn't. i think the raygun was mostly a Lexicon box, maybe an Eventide, but now he uses a toy gun and holds it up to the pickup. i've seen a cool SS1 in screamin' yellow that had LED's in the fingerboard.
            Last edited by twonabomber; 01-02-2004, 08:01 PM.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

I recently bought a brand new les paul copy and the fucking thing will not stay in tune worth a fuck.

If you tune to an open chord then barre chords are out of tune and vice versa.

Any ideas?
              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

i'd take it back and tell 'em you want it setup. who knows how many snot-nosed kids beat on it before you bought it.

Comment

It holds it`s tuning better when you detune to Eb.

Still not perfect, though.

Maybe I`ll try restringing it.
                  sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

i dunno. if you bought a car or a computer or something else and it didn't work right, would you sit there and fuck with it? probably not. if it's brand new, i expect it to work right outta the box. if it doesn't, back it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                      I recently bought a brand new les paul copy and the fucking thing will not stay in tune worth a fuck.

If you tune to an open chord then barre chords are out of tune and vice versa.

Any ideas?

That sounds like the intonation/neck is out. A $45 setup at your local guitar shop should fix it. Otherwise you will need a new neck. What brand is it ?
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                        Any ideas?
                        Matchbook cover, cut to fit between both pairs of screws the full length of the neck slot & coated both sides in Elmer's White Glue. Tighten screws allow dry overnite. Guarantee to rigid them shitty laminated bodies to the neck, unless you got VibratoNECKā„¢ - in which case, enjoy the wonders of a neck made of the finest mahogany the Phillipines Cratebox and Pallet industry is known for.

I got ripped off badly by some fucking Mormon cunts - so my practic rig is now:

1980 Musicman Sabre II modded w/cream handwound PAF/63DuoSonic/handwound vintage Duncan Staggered Strat pickups setup and Kahler locking trem, stock tuners no preamp

1986 Kramer EVH stripe job (1 of 1100 originals) former EVH owned, Duncan EVH pickup, B-Berry transducer and 2 preamps, dual vol., Orig Floyd Rose

1993 Fender Mexico Telecaster 9 string mod, w/doubled top strings, mid-late 60's lead PU and bridge

2002 Squire Affinity (Indonesia) neck on mid-90's white Korean Squire body, alum pickguard w/Fender gold Lace bridge/61DuoSonic mid/78Fender USA peeled-down to 4.9K neck position pickups

1989 Charvel/Jackson pointy-head neck on 1978 Charvel Explorer butterscotch body solid ash, gold hdwr, tele controls top-routed, ABR-1 Les Paul bridge and tailpiece, Schaller M1 Mini gold tuners w/vintage Gibson humbuckers

1965 Gulbransen, 1958 Hammond M-100 (chopped) with 2 chintzey Leslie rotarys I don't dig.. and some digital piece of crap controller keyboard with crappy presets I can't fucking figger out to get a decent Rhodes sound.. may sell it, but I like the vibes setting.

1980 Marshall JMP 100 watt 4 input Superlead (former VH/Ratt/RHCP owned)
                        1993 Marshall SL-X 100 watt JCM900 Superlead Extended
                        1986 Gallien-Krueger Microlead 250-ML 100 watt stereo chorus

1990 AD/A 2x12 half-slant cab w/1 pair Celestion G12K-85's

1986 Marshall 1960A Lead Series jcm800 w/ 1 pair ea G12-M 25watt Celestion Black, 75watt Celestion G12-T75

1976 Marshall 1960A w/ 1 pair ea G12-M 25watt Celestion Black, 75watt Celestion G12-T75

Bradshaw custom 8 output 2.5 (?) amp 9v power supply by Custom Audio Electronics, AD/A Flanger, 6 custom wahs (4 Jerry Blaha, 1 Roger Mayer of London, 1 self-cobbled), customized Rotovibe by Sam McRae of Dunop Mfg, MXR Distortion II, MXR Flanger, rack blueface chorus/doubler model, Ross Phaser - orig orange model, plus a cakewalk of other crap in the trunk I use from time to time (no fancy pedalboard crap)

Looking to replace my stolen Rocktron Hush IIb and Hush IICX units.. possibly selling the 80 Superlead

Junkbox of pickups
                        Junkbox of effects
                        Junkbox of necks
                        Junkbox of tubes

.. and a couple drumkits, one vintage Radio King, one late 70's beat to shit Yamaha. And two stashes of cymbals.

Comment

Gar, you really got an axe pre-owned by EVH ? Thats pretty fucking cool !
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Originally posted by Panamark
                            That sounds like the intonation/neck is out. A $45 setup at your local guitar shop should fix it. Otherwise you will need a new neck. What brand is it ?
                            It`s an Encore.
                            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Heres my stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X