PDA

View Full Version : I Know It's Painful!! What Were They Thinking??

SweetSecrets
08-22-2004, 04:02 PM
JIMMY PAGE:

...with Puff Daddy?? Need I say more?? Kashmir in rap form!! Disgusting! What the Hell??!! :eek:

Coyote
08-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Pretty much any "collaboration" between some legendary band and some wannabe superstar sucks major ass. Even if it's just sampled.

rustoffa
08-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Dave's collaboration with Travis Jackson comes to mind.

BTW, moving this to house of music.

Lou
08-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Elton John & Eminem on SNL was pretty bad.

smaz
08-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Some wannabe rockstar posing with a rock legend is also fooked up. Photo's from the Sam and Dave tour come to mind..................

bueno bob
08-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Worst possible thing, save Hagar/VH, I can think of was Styx's rotten "Kilroy Was Here" broadway/rock opera bullshit.

My god, that was an awful, and I mean AWFUL, album - and basically what happens when Dennis DeYoung takes over everything...lol...

EbDawson
08-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Worst possible thing, save Hagar/VH, I can think of was Styx's rotten "Kilroy Was Here" broadway/rock opera bullshit.

My god, that was an awful, and I mean AWFUL, album - and basically what happens when Dennis DeYoung takes over everything...lol...

Yep, that's what basically ended Styx. Tommy Shaw left because of that. Things haven't been the same since. Well I guess they all did reunite briefly in the mid 90's. But yeah, that should have been a solo deal, not a Styx album.

Panamark
08-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
JIMMY PAGE:

...with Puff Daddy?? Need I say more?? Kashmir in rap form!! Disgusting! What the Hell??!! :eek:

Im surprised we never talked about this, I totally agree with you.
WTF was going down there ???

I was never comfortable with the guitar synth fad...
Van Halen/Priest/Maiden all fucked with it..

And that Metalllica country song, "Let your Love grow"
or whatever it was called, that wasnt right........

Ozzy singing the Bee Gees is another cringey one......

I have to add Sammy singing Van Halen...
Thats up there with Puff Daddy and Page...

Warham
08-23-2004, 11:39 AM
How about Tone Loc using the drum sample from 'Jamie's Cryin' for his 'Wild Thing'? :D

Wayne L.
08-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Former DP frontman Ian Gillin joining Black Sabbath for the album Born Again which was kind of CONFUSING & didn't make any sense despite being a good album considering legendary Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi playing Smoke On The Water with Ritchie Blackmore's riffs in concert must have been a trip.

degüello
08-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Not collaborations, but definitely "What were they thinking?" moments:

Sgt. Pepper Movie w/ Bee Gees

U2's Pop promotion and image (album wasn't so bad)

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park

Ozzy's Ultimate Sin look

Blondie rapping

degüello
08-23-2004, 03:47 PM
RUSH's producer rapping ("Roll the Bones")... good god.

smaz
08-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Another thing is Ozzy and Kelly, that 'Changes' song they did together. It's awful.

Mr Badguy
08-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Rob Halford`s Two project.

Not so much the music but they heavy gay imagary and pics of him wearing make up and pink furry slippers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The horrible Iron Maiden self parody of the early 90`s.

"Bring your daughter...", "Holy smoke", "From here to eternity", "Wasting love" etc. anyone?

Thought not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motley Crue killing their own career with the "Motley Crue" album.

rob100
08-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Axl Rose and Elton John singing We Will Rock You at the Freddie Mercury-tribute was so stupid.

I remember seeing Gary Cherone there with Extreme and later that day with Queen. Disliked him with all my heart. I mean, Hagar was and is quite disturbing in VH. It even got worse lately, look at the way the guy looks.

BUT GARY...still can't believe they hired HIM...he was even WORSE!!!!

Talking about painful moments? Van Halen III beats 'em all!!

SweetSecrets
08-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Kid Rock singing Sad But True !

SweetSecrets
08-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Or....rapping over it. Metallica and rap doesn't work.

Chaz Rock City
08-24-2004, 12:21 AM
Kiss's Music from the Elder.

I think the "Motley Crue" album is killer. It never got a chance because grunge was at its peak when it came out. In a perfect world, Vince wouldn't have been fired and they would have made an album like that with him.

bueno bob
08-24-2004, 02:50 AM
Honorable mention must go to Emerson Lake & Palmer for "Love Beach"...lol...The Beach Boys for getting rid of Brian Wilson and becoming an oldies but goodies county fair band...God...

Mr Badguy
08-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Chaz Rock City
I think the "Motley Crue" album is killer. It never got a chance because grunge was at its peak when it came out. In a perfect world, Vince wouldn't have been fired and they would have made an album like that with him.

The album might not be that bad, but it would have been better if they had changed the name of the band or something.

It`s like all of those bands who changed to compete with grunge.

"We don`t want to party any more, we want to be taken seriously".

That ain`t what the fans wanted and set that kind of music back years.

How could we believe in it if the bands who made those records didn`t?

It alienated their original fanbase who liked the party rock of their earlier albums and the band was seen as old farts by the new music fans.

Not a great move for a band whose last album had topped the charts and earned them a $30 million contract with Elektra.

And that horrible brown leather coat Nikki Sixx wore on the cover.

Reverberator
08-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Former DP frontman Ian Gillin joining Black Sabbath for the album Born Again which was kind of CONFUSING & didn't make any sense despite being a good album considering legendary Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi playing Smoke On The Water with Ritchie Blackmore's riffs in concert must have been a trip.

That album was a bunch of shit .

ClubDave
08-24-2004, 11:17 PM
i was watching sebastion bach on cribs on mtv, and him and his son played a linkin park song as a duet, it was one step closer......and that song really sucks, a new low for sebastion

bueno bob
08-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Reverberator
...That album was a bunch of shit .

NOPE! Don't know what album you're listening to, but it's not Black Sabbath's "Born Again". ANYTHING that has Tony Iommi on it is beyond reproach, even those mostly solo albums from 1986 up ("Seventh Star", "Eternal Idol", etc).

The only problem with "Born Again", really, is that it was a bit confusing to have Ian Gillan as lead vocalist (the real start of Sabbath's rotating door policy) and the mix was REALLY bad (but, hey, that's what happens when you let Geezer Butler start tweaking with the sound...and why, 9 times out of 10, you shouldn't let your bassist do things!).

:D

ClubDave
08-27-2004, 02:53 PM
heres one for you.......combat rock by the clash........most definately the worst album i have ever purchased......the clash were pioneers, but they really had gone downhill by the time this came out, with the exception of the two songs on it that they released as singles(i wonder why), those being rock the casbah and should i stay or should i go, every song on here is horrible

SoCalChelle
08-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Axl Rose with a Bo Derek hairstyle running around sweating and gasping for breath at the MTV awards.

SweetSecrets
08-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
Axl Rose with a Bo Derek hairstyle running around sweating and gasping for breath at the MTV awards.

Yea and who was the grungy looking dude playing Slash's part? That must have been insulting!

SweetSecrets
08-27-2004, 06:42 PM
No.......Avril Lavene singing "Fuel" (Metallica). That was odd.

Susie Q
08-30-2004, 07:12 AM
Steve Vai's first solo album. The only song I liked on that one was "little green men."

FORD
08-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

Ozzy singing the Bee Gees is another cringey one......

Could have been worse. Imagine the Bee Gees singing Ozzy

Mr Badguy
08-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
Yea and who was the grungy looking dude playing Slash's part? That must have been insulting!

What about Buckethead in GnR?!

A guy who instead of doing a normal solo spot, does a display of bodypopping/breakdancing then shows his expertise with a pair of nunchakas.

And appartently he only ever talks to people through a glove puppet!

All of that makes the fact that he wears an upside down KFC bucket on his head all the time seem like a footnote.

Jeez, and we thought Axl was crazy before he hired this nutbar.

secrets
08-30-2004, 02:03 PM
All of Aerosmith's schmaltzy love ballad's of the 90's were pretty cringe-worthy.

But nothing comes close to the Van Hagar song "Can't Stop Loving You". That is really awful.

Mr Badguy
08-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Joe Lynn Turner fronting Deep Purple!

FORD
08-31-2004, 01:45 AM
Joe Lynn Turner fronting any band

DavidLeeNatra
08-31-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Joe Lynn Turner fronting any band

LMFAO !!!

Chaz Rock City
09-03-2004, 03:24 AM
Joe Lynn Turner was great in Rainbow

If you think Crue was jumping on the grunge bandwagon with the "Motley Crue" album, check out Poison Apples from that CD. That tune is mint Crue.