X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

New Zealand Herald review on VH.

Is David Lee Roth the smartest man in leopard-skin lycra? Years ago when he did some big band stuff he was asked about the charts, as in charts on music stands. His reply, "The only thing I know about charts is if I'm not in them I don't get paid."

and

Van Halen's career has the makings of a great collection but this irritatingly non-chronological affair - without even a courtesy photo of the great Roth - limps to life with three pretty awful new tracks (with Hagar again) and clearly isn't it. The new stuff is either stupidly salacious (Up For Breakfast is about bananas and cherries) or tries to disinter Guns'N'Roses (the power ballad Learning to See). Only when Roth takes charge on classics like their blistering version of You Really Got Me, Hot For Teacher, Jump, Unchained, Panama and so on.....

check out the rest @ http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ection=reviews
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"
Working...