PDA

View Full Version : Why all the fucking hatred?

Rikk
08-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Why all the fucking hatred? Why are the brothers so fucking angry all the time considering they have so much to be thankful for? Those two are the most spoiled fucking brats ever. They have been given the keys to the kingdom time and time again, and they do nothing but piss on the people around them and bitch about everything.

I bet $10 that Dave said upon re-joining in 2000, "I get 25% of past royalties if we do this." They said "Fuck you, Dave" and he left. The lawyers got in the way? Exactly. Eddie saying, "That cat has my number"? Exactly.

Dave wasn't about to join a band that wanted Mike Anthony to earn higher royalties on past albums than he did. It's pathetic that the brothers' completely selfish behavior had to ruin what could have been rock's greatest reunion. What the fuck is the matter with those two? Is it so hard to not hate people all the time? Is it so hard to not walk around constantly pointing the finger in people's faces, saying "Take it or leave it"? Why act as if he's nothing? Why not just say, "We'll all get the same royalties...after all, we made those albums together", and then sit down and make some new music instead of sitting down smoking with a cancerous tongue for four years before getting Sammy Hagar back again so the world can yawn?:mad:

JCOOK
08-23-2004, 12:15 PM
The boys need a good dose of failure

Carmine
08-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
The boys need a good dose of failure

they are getting it, on the tour and BOBW! they deserve it

Rikk
08-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I thought they already had some with VHIII or this tour. Why are they still convinced that they have all the power and Dave doesn't? It's over. It's not 1986 anymore. The boys are now just half of the equation again, and they won't get respect (or sales) unless they realize that what Van Halen was is the only thing it could ever be again.

JCOOK
08-23-2004, 12:21 PM
You know the old addage you can polish up aturd but its still just roy

Carmine
08-23-2004, 12:30 PM
I am still a believer in that this is only a one-off tour with Sam. I also think that Ed will see the light soon. He loves the band and its legacy and will not continue in a direction that doesnt reap the types of rewards he is looking for.He will do an assessment of the tour,the cd and sam will be gone. It didnt take long to get rid of cherone, the same will happen here. He needs his ego stroked as much as anybody. He will call Dave in the near future and the real reunion will take place. He cannot be happy playing to 7000 people a night when he knows that with one phone call he can vault "his band" to the forefront of the rock and roll world. I might be nuts on this one but I also believe that he will want wolfie to see the original band in all its glory.

Matt White
08-23-2004, 12:43 PM
EVH Interview by Brad Tolinski Aug 2004
""The whole time I was growing up, my MOM used to call me a "nothing nut, just like your father." When you grow up that wa, it's not conducive for self-esteem."

Whats his MOM been dead now, 10+ years? The guy is around 50 years old. GROW THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE!!!! For fuck sakes, the guy talks like he has had the WORST LIFE anybody could imagine! He HATES EVRYBODY and BLAMES eveybody except HIMSELF for all of his problems and shortcomings. A narccistic MOTHERFUCKER! Get OVER YOURSELF PAL!!!

DaveTheSoulOfVH
08-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Wake up Eddie !!! There's no 'Real Van Halen' without Diamond Dave !!!

AJW
08-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Why all the fucking hatred? Why are the brothers so fucking angry all the time considering they have so much to be thankful for? Those two are the most spoiled fucking brats ever. They have been given the keys to the kingdom time and time again, and they do nothing but piss on the people around them and bitch about everything.

I bet $10 that Dave said upon re-joining in 2000, "I get 25% of past royalties if we do this." They said "Fuck you, Dave" and he left. The lawyers got in the way? Exactly. Eddie saying, "That cat has my number"? Exactly.

Dave wasn't about to join a band that wanted Mike Anthony to earn higher royalties on past albums than he did. It's pathetic that the brothers' completely selfish behavior had to ruin what could have been rock's greatest reunion. What the fuck is the matter with those two? Is it so hard to not hate people all the time? Is it so hard to not walk around constantly pointing the finger in people's faces, saying "Take it or leave it"? Why act as if he's nothing? Why not just say, "We'll all get the same royalties...after all, we made those albums together", and then sit down and make some new music instead of sitting down smoking with a cancerous tongue for four years before getting Sammy Hagar back again so the world can yawn?:mad:

Amen. You said it Rikk. Kiss my ass Ed and Al.:moon:

Bill Lumbergh
08-23-2004, 01:45 PM
I don't think Ed and AL could handle Dave being back. When the shows sold out every night, and the media focused in on Dave, they would go back to hating him again(well they already hate him, but theyd want him out). With Sam in the fold, it's all about the sisters. With Dave back it's a band(with Dave and Ed as the focal points). Besides we all know Ed just wouldnt be able to keep up with Dave anymore. He's been in zombie mode for 19 years, ballads and weak ass wanna be rockers.

bueno bob
08-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Once again Bill sums it up perfectly. At this point, Ed and Al just couldn't keep up with Dave's regiment...Ed and Al have gotten to the point with Hagar where if they don't feel like writing, working, recording, etc, they don't have to - Hagar's a lazy slob himself and thus he fits exactly what Ed was looking for all along, and that's somebody who won't ride his ass about actually making the band work and is willing to just settle with whatever happens, musically.

At the very least, we can be thankful that David gave us six good albums worth of material...had Hagar been in from jump street, we'd probably have had another Boston on our hands.

5150Clown
08-23-2004, 02:04 PM
In the great words of our fearless leader:

"Tonight's about me!"

That's what the VH reunion with Dave would be all about. And I'm all for it!!!!!

bueno bob
08-23-2004, 02:05 PM
True, but only way to get a real reunion on our hands is to have EVERYBODY check their egos at the door...and it's just not going to happen, I don't think.

lafours
08-23-2004, 02:07 PM
I am sure even if the Brothers wanted to just do a one off farewell tour with Dave it wouldn't work...DLR would want his thumb on everything from the setlist, staging, merchandise, ,press , everything..Dave knows they have alot to prove as the original Van Halen and there is no way he would want to do it half assed. It would just pain Alex to see Dave as a succesful leader .

It would be awesome if they would just give Dave the reigns on a tour....The Brothers would once again be shocked and jealous of the reaction from the fans.

Bill Lumbergh
08-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

had Hagar been in from jump street, we'd probably have had another Boston on our hands. [/B]

LMAO!

EmpyreLounge44
08-23-2004, 02:19 PM
you think they give a shit about BOBW selling poorly or open seats? What the fuck do they care...its been said here how much they are getting per show, what the hell do they care...they are still getting quite fat off this tour

Bill Lumbergh
08-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44

...they are still getting quite fat off this tour

I'm sure my old buddy thefive could comment on this statement.

Bill Lumbergh
08-23-2004, 02:23 PM
you think they give a shit about BOBW selling poorly or open seats? What the fuck do they care...its been said here how much they are getting per show, what the hell do they care...they are still getting quite fat off this tour

Yes they do, or they wouldnt have tossed Gayry out on his ass.

EmpyreLounge44
08-23-2004, 02:31 PM
ive heard there was some problem between Al and Gary which also led to his dismissal...i never got more info on this, just something that I remember hearing. After talking with Gary...he was ready to get out as well since he knew he wasnt what the fans wanted

Bill Lumbergh
08-23-2004, 02:36 PM

After talking with Gary...he was ready to get out as well since he knew he wasnt what the fans wanted [/B]

Then I guess Sam must be packing his bags as we speak.

EmpyreLounge44
08-23-2004, 02:37 PM
i dont think you are that lucky

manwiththedogs
08-23-2004, 05:48 PM
The sisters have been to rich and to famous for to long. They dont give a flying fuck what the fans think or want, if they did they would give us a real VH reunion. Not the half ass shit they are peddling on the road this year.

Panamark
08-24-2004, 08:50 AM
If I had to listen to Sammy sing every concert, I would be pissed off too. That fucker has the most annoying voice and attitude in Rock.
That would *HAVE* to get to you after a few gigs..

So I can empathise with the rest of the band, to some degree.

ashstralia
08-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I'm sure my old buddy thefive could comment on this statement.

*ashstralia falls off his chair*

ashstralia
08-24-2004, 09:59 AM
brrrrr brrrrr, brrrrrr brrrrr
dave: hello?

ed: hi dave it's me, ed.

dave: hi ed, let's go to uruguay.

ed: no, not big ed, little ed.

dave: oh, wassup bro?

ed: well, i've been thinkin about gettin the band back together.

dave: i thought the band was back together?

ed: nah, were tankin. you know what i mean, the real band.

dave: que?

ed: well, i'm willing to let bygones be bygones, and welcome you back
to the family.

dave: you want me to be your meal ticket again?
you think i'll pay for your beer and cigars again?
put your kid through college and pay for another of
al's divorces? sorry ed, fuck off. lose my number.

(phone hangs up)

i hope this is what goes down.

EmpyreLounge44
08-24-2004, 11:48 AM
if asked, which wont happen, DLR will jump at the chance to play with VH again

Seshmeister
08-24-2004, 12:09 PM
if asked, which wont happen, DLR will jump at the chance to play with VH again

He was

Rikk
08-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Dave wants to play with the band, but on equal terms and with all parties being treated fairly. Sammy is the loser. He was asked AFTER Dave, and he accepted shit terms (salary instead of the percentage he used to receive...why do you think he's so eager to go back to the Waboritas?). Sammy was the one who sat by and watched his "friend" Mikey go from percentage to salary while Sam was still officially a member back in the day. Dave doesn't like Mike, but I don't think he would have let that happen.

Sam fans are cheering and trying to rub it in our faces saying, "It was the only way to go." But it's funny that they tried Dave first and waiting a while for him...and it's funny that he was the one saying, "If you want me back, give me a percentage and fix that back royalty issue." And the band said no, and Dave said, "Fuck off then." And they stewed for a while, Ed got cancer and finally, with Dave not coming back, they got Sam, who said, "Anything you want. Salary? No problem." There's no honor in that. Sam didn't win anything. He just accepted the shitty terms Dave wouldn't. And they asked Dave first because everybody has been telling them which era is better (even Val said she prefers the Dave stuff on some talk show a couple years back) and they knew which tour (and songs) would make a lot more money. And now they're paying for it.

ZahZoo
08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Rikk... what factual basis do you know about Dave's terms, Sam's salary -vs- percentage, Mike's Salary -vs- percentage and asking Dave to return?

Honeyhunter
08-24-2004, 02:30 PM
I wish Dave would get back with the band. It sounds like a bunch of pussy shit since he left.

ClubDave
08-24-2004, 03:08 PM
where have all the good times gone?