PDA

View Full Version : Ed Spreads The Blame

chefcraig
08-24-2004, 09:43 AM
I dunno...maybe I should have put this in the "Why All The Hatred?" thread.

Is it just me, or is anyone else here getting a little bit tired of Ed Van Halen blaming somebody, anybody...for failure?

Remind yourself of the various interviews you've read over the years, and consider this list of people that Ed has called out as being responsible for some type of "disturbance" in his life...(please bare with, this is pretty much off the top of my head):

Gene Simmons
Dave Roth
Noel Monk
Ted Templeman
Donn Landee
Bruce Fairbarn
Sam Hagar
Dave Roth (again)
Warner Bros (pressing problems on VH III)
Gary Cherone
Dave Roth (seems like a trend)
Matt Bruck
His Mother
Various "former" Guitar Companies Delt With

You get the idea, and honestly I didn't even research it to come up with that list, that's from memory!

I find it sad that within the insular little world of Eddie Van Halen, he finds it necessary to crap on once trusted friends and allies to forward any arguement of why some particular "event" didn't work out.

You folk may be able to add more names, by the way...personally, I'm sick and tired of reading about them.

Is this guy ever going to grow up? It pains me deeply as a VH fan of 26 years for it to come down to this...but the routine is getting a tad "long in the tooth", IMHO.

...craig

5150Clown
08-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Eddie: wah wah wah
Dave: Shut the Fuck up!

BigDaddyD
08-24-2004, 11:39 AM
EVH is a whiny little bitch. I wish someone would just smack him like the bitch that he is.

Rikk
08-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Glen Ballard (although he's back now), Erwin Musper, Mike Post, Ace Frehley fans, Andy Johns, the Titanic soundtrack (from preventing VHIII from being a big seller)...and on and on and on.

The man's a loser. It's always amazed me how such an amazing guitarist could be such an asshole and such a fucking loser!

SoCalChelle
08-24-2004, 12:46 PM
What did he supposedly blame his mother for?

John Holmes
08-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
What did he supposedly blame his mother for?

He blamed his mother for telling him he would have been a nothing, just like his father, who was an alcoholic.

Now, if Wolfie cares about family values, he should pick up the bottle fast and start smoking as soon as possible.

Eddie at 12 was already drinking and smoking, according to him.

The writing on the picture below means "Drunk Whale" in Korean. Guess who? AHAHA, way to go, Wolfie!

http://www.harmful.org/homedespot/koreaweb/pics/iconsDRUNKWHALE.jpg

lafours
08-24-2004, 02:02 PM
some people Ed put down..

Joe Perry
Jimmy Page
Journey ( I have an interview where he makes fun of there love songs..hahahah!...of course the same style he wrote in throughout the late 80's/90's)
Randy Rhoads ( the same interview Ed is asked about Rhoads and he says something to the effect of..."at least he admits he ripped me off, but he doesn't do anything I didn't do already")

he also slammed Ernie Ball/Musicman pretty hard...being that they owned the patents to "his" pickups and guitar shape". Of course it was rumored that EVH was sleeping with Sterling Ball's wife at the time.

Thetruthbaby
08-24-2004, 02:08 PM
I've been saying for years that Eddie VH is an ass and a egomaniac. Unfortunately for years many people I knew wouldn't listen as they bought everything this liar said. Now that it has been PROVEN over and over again that he is both things mentioned above I just laugh at friends of mine who were in denial all of those years. In regards to Eddie not being able to accept responsibilities for his multitude of failures this is no surprise. That is a typical alcoholic for you.

MAX
08-24-2004, 02:18 PM
After the '96 fiasco he blamed MTV and the audience for giving the "half assed" standing ovation.......

That second Nirvana guitarist cos Cobain wouldn't let Ed play with him. Anyone remember that? He made some sort of a racial slur regarding the guy.

Snow Ho
08-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by MAX
After the '96 fiasco he blamed MTV and the audience for giving the "half assed" standing ovation.......

That second Nirvana guitarist cos Cobain wouldn't let Ed play with him. Anyone remember that? He made some sort of a racial slur regarding the guy.
yeah i remember- taken from some site:

At a Nirvana gig, he was deeply insulted by Eddie Van Halen's racist remarks, refering to Pat as 'a dark one', a 'raji' and a mexican, and trying to replace him on stage that night.

rob100
08-24-2004, 03:43 PM
What was Ed's problem with Donn Landee?

RogueHorseman
08-24-2004, 03:48 PM
One quick correction/addition to your list Craig-

Gene Simmons
Dave Roth
Noel Monk
Ted Templeman
Donn Landee
Bruce Fairbarn
Sam Hagar
Dave Roth (again)
Gary Cherone
Matt Bruck
His Mother
Sam Hagar (public disclosure pending)

guwapo_rocker
08-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
One quick correction/addition to your list Craig-

Gene Simmons
Dave Roth
Noel Monk
Ted Templeman
Donn Landee
Bruce Fairbarn
Sam Hagar
Dave Roth (again)
Gary Cherone
Matt Bruck
His Mother
Sam Hagar (public disclosure pending)

Hmmmmm heh heh heh.....

SamHagar
08-24-2004, 04:02 PM
You might as well add Valerie Bertinelli to the list. That's all I've heard Ed complain about in his high pitched cancer laced voice, so far during this entire F'n tour.

The guy is giving me a migraine with all his bitchin' about Warner Brothers, His Mom, The Studio Engineer he had to fire, Roth, Me, and Valerie his ex-wife.

See, I have a friggin' migraine head ache from touring with Eddie!

Sam

Kristy
08-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Also, Ted Templeton probably did more for "Eddie's sound" then Eddie himself ever did.

I'd still kick him in the nuts though.

SamHagar
08-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Really? Would you kick me in the nuts too? PLUUEASE!

Sam

Kristy
08-24-2004, 04:11 PM
JESUS CHRIST!

PLEASE shave that dead rat off of your chin!!!

guwapo_rocker
08-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by SamHagar
You might as well add Valerie Bertinelli to the list. That's all I've heard Ed complain about in his high pitched cancer laced voice, so far during this entire F'n tour.

The guy is giving me a migraine with all his bitchin' about Warner Brothers, His Mom, The Studio Engineer he had to fire, Roth, Me, and Valerie his ex-wife.

See, I have a friggin' migraine head ache from touring with Eddie!

Sam

Hey Sam, I know you're just over here bitchin' about Ed,

but that still doesn't make you welcome here. I don't wanna

see your fuckin' pic, or here your screeching racoon fucking

voice, and the stench of piss, sheep sweat and stale cheap

tequila every time you walk by makes me wanna puke.

FUCK OFF!! :cool:

Bill Lumbergh
08-24-2004, 04:18 PM
The sisters have been placing the blame on everyone but themselves for two decades now. I mean I'm surprised they didnt blame Dave for the 9-11 attacks, or AIDS.

Terry
08-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Hadn't heard about EVH putting down Randy before, though can't say it's a big shock.

Ed's constant stream of whining over the years goes a long way to validating what Roth said about Eddie not being able to enjoy 5 minutes of his success.

Just looking at what Van Halen has turned into, and thinking about when they were kings, firmly ensconced in the company of other such legendary rock bands as Led Zep, is kind of a bummer. Sure, Roth bailed in 1985, but that didn't mean Ed and Co had no other alternative other than writing power ballads and second rate rock tunes.

Ed and Al pissed away whatever goodwill they had left with that whole bullshit scenario in 1996. If Ed needs to assess blame for where he is today, all he's gotta do is look in the mirror. Regardless if the classic lineup reunites, Ed and Al are two prime douchebags.

manwiththedogs
08-24-2004, 05:05 PM
I think you guys forgot to mention Yngwie Malmsteen...Ed blamed him for stealing some of his thunder in the late 80s...lol

RogueHorseman
08-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Ed and Al pissed away whatever goodwill they had left with that whole bullshit scenario in 1996. If Ed needs to assess blame for where he is today, all he's gotta do is look in the mirror. Regardless if the classic lineup reunites, Ed and Al are two prime douchebags.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present today's Tip Of The Ten Gallon Hat<sup>TM</sup> to the well deserving Roth Army poster, Terry!

Dan
08-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Ladies and gentlemen, I present today's Tip Of The Ten Gallon Hat<sup>TM</sup> to the well deserving Roth Army poster, Terry!

Amen to that.Terry vote coming your way Dude.

lafours
08-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Hadn't heard about EVH putting down Randy before, though can't say it's a big shock.

oh man..you gotta hear the recorded guitar player interview from 1982....it really brings out Ed's true colors..I'll try to post it up some of it later...the guy just sounds like a total asshole...

bueno bob
08-25-2004, 10:25 AM
I think the most glaring omission in the list so far has been THE FANS. I've heard Ed in years past (and currently), if not being totally blatant about it, insinuating that the fans were responsible if an album (Van Halen III, Fair Warning upon it's release) wasn't doing well or a tour wasn't going too well (Balance, Van Halen III). Usually it's in the way of something on the radio or on TV, but I've often times heard Ed blaming the fans for "Not getting my music", insinuating that what's currently tanking is every bit as good as anything prior to it :rolleyes:

Matt White
08-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Right BOB. Like it's OVER the head of the fans at first. SORRY EVH, your stuff is SHIT these days. No second guessing is gonna change THAT FACT.

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!:heyfu: :mad2: :fucku2: :fucku2: :mad2: :heyfu:

lafours
08-25-2004, 11:33 AM
EVH on Rhoads...

what a down to earth compassionate individual...even the interviewer seems uncomfortable...

http://www.ratchetjaw.com/mp3/evhrhoads.mp3

guwapo_rocker
08-25-2004, 12:14 PM
"Speak two year old language" shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.....

Carmine
08-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
the Titanic soundtrack (from preventing VHIII from being a big seller)

that one was the topper!!!

darkknight
08-26-2004, 01:28 AM
He also blamed his tech Zeke Clark for some of his guitars getting damaged during an earthquake some time ago. I remember him saying he didn't hit one stud with the hangers that had his guitars on. Which would be total bull since the weight of a guitar would pull a hanger right out of drywall.

Cathedral
08-26-2004, 02:03 AM
Edward seems right at home with the hammer, screwdrivers, wrenches...you know, the rest of the "tools" in the box.

spmusicplyr
08-26-2004, 02:19 AM
wow those pics of sammy must have been the last ones taken of him when he was skinny....haha