Eddie Vs. Page in a guitar contest, who wins?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King VH
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

Eddie Vs. Page in a guitar contest, who wins?

In their prime, i go with Edward. He's always been able to do everything. Hell, Edward didn't invent tapping, but he sure as anything brought it to the mainstream. Don't get me wrong, Jimmy is a great guitar player, he's probably in my top 3, but Edward is a virtuoso(well maybe not anymore. )

People give me your take!!! Eddie or Jimmy?
    It's so easy
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ed
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• JCOOK

Havent' seen either one in a while but for sentimental reasons,gotta go with the greatest guitar player who ever lived EVH

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Jimmy wrote some very cool shit! But the sloppy solos dont work for me.

*Edward all the way.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Who really gives a fuck!? Jimmy Page is a chubby limey and a thief who stole from the likes of Muddy Waters, Albert King, The Staple Singers and any other black American musician he thought was dead. He's a bloated rich fuck with no originality, taste or talent. Fuck those English pussies and their playing of "da blooz" for they are a disgrace and an embarrassment to the American culture they stole it from.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            Who really gives a fuck!? Jimmy Page is a chubby limey and a thief who stole from the likes of Muddy Waters, Albert King, The Staple Singers and any other black American musician he thought was dead. He's a bloated rich fuck with no originality, taste or talent. Fuck those English pussies and their playing of "da blooz" for they are a disgrace and an embarrassment to the American culture they stole it from.
            Hey Kristy, you left out Mississippi John Hurt and all the other blues legends...

But, I'm still a big Zep fan. Hard not to like that catalog.

Are you really big into The Staple Singers?

That, and a little Al Green would hit the spot right about now.
            <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• secrets
              Foot Soldier
              • Apr 2004

That's a bit much! So you got to be both black and American to play the blues?

What about Clapton who was EVH's biggest influence BTW?

For that matter what about these guitarists too:

Jeff Beck, Paul Kossoff, Peter Green, Gary Moore.

These guys play soulful blues guitar.
              Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• SamHagar
                Full On Cocktard
                • Aug 2004

I like Kristy's spunk, and I'm sure she would like mine. Ed plays guitar like he has broken teeth.

Sam

Comment

• Wayne L.

I think Eddie & Jimmy are 2 legendary rock guitarists who are EQUALLY great with few equals & their legendary rock bands Led Zeppelin & Van Halen are equally great as well.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                    I think Eddie & Jimmy are 2 legendary rock guitarists who are EQUALLY great with few equals & their legendary rock bands Led Zeppelin & Van Halen are equally great as well.
                    Classic Van Halen is in that legendary league, yes, but Zep sales are within the top five of all time, alongside The Beatles and Elvis... VH is a little further down the list, alongside Whitney Houston last time I checked.
                    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Reverberator
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Aug 2004

Fuck you Yank , I wonder how many of your countries bands were influenced by Page and Zep ?
                      Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                      the chazzers are so lucky
                      so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
                      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• King VH
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2004

i agree, that on sales Zeppelin kills Classic VH, but the question was: Who is the better guitarist Edward or Jimmy?
                        It's so easy

Comment

• King VH
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2004

And Kristy, what the fuck is your problem hunny. For 1, everyone has stolen from everyone. I mean shit, even the Beatles stole(and have admitted)from Elvis. I agree that Page is overated in alot of things, but it's pretty stupid to say he has no taste. Why the hell have millions of people bought his shit then? Why has his group been copied so much? How is it, that they rank in the top 5 of album sales? Sounds to me like Jimmy was pretty fucking smart. Enough with the bitchy attitude.
                          It's so easy

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I think Jimmy Page is a great guitar player but you have to admit he did fringe upon theft from a lot of the blues greats. I mean, despite some of the great "riffs" he wrote, who thought it was pretty fucking funny funny when Zep was sued by the Muddy Waters estate to the tune of over 11 million? Even the Staple Singers sued those limey fucks for transparently stealing the lyrics 'Nobody's Fault But Mine' by singing them deadpan with different words! (Page also stole the riff from Blind Wille Jefferson). Plus Page was a junkie fuckwit (okay, so Eddie is an alcoholic fuckwit) and personally, I have little, if any respect for a musican who shoots junk in order to be "creative" unless, of course, they play jazz.

I can't handle limey music as whole, either. Rock 'n' Roll is all about FUN - about the feeling between your brain and legs when you hear a song that evokes an emotion that words could never describe. All of the sudden hear come those English pussies and their fucking drab "concept albums" which led to the abominable "art rock." And yes, you know whom I'm talking about: Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues (barf), King Crimson, Emerson, Lake and Palmer - all of it complete shit. It was like they turned what was fun into this pretentious "art form" and fucking killed rock 'n' roll in the process. So don't fucking talk to me about "talent" because these limey cunts took what people like Buddy Holly did and ruined it for generations to come. I feel nothing but contemptuous for them. Give me a tune like 'Jump' over that whining "rock star" 'Another Dick In The Ball' Pink Floyd ram-shackled limey crap anyday.

No, you don't have to be 1) black and 2) an American to play "da blooz" but if you're going to resort to such plagiarism imfamy by thinking you're doing something original at least be aware that there will be a price to pay for it later on - literally. So fuck you, Jimmy "Pudgy" Page go make another "tune" with Puff Daddy in order to build another wing onto your mansion while the people you stole from died penniless and homeless you limey puke!

Yes, Eddie steals, too but at least Eddie never tried (or cared) to hide who he was stealing from - even though he is an alcoholic, greedy, whining, too talented for his own good fuckwit.
                            Last edited by Kristy; 08-24-2004, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Oh, and Eddie (despite his faults), can still pound that limey scum-stealing suck-wad into the ground anyday of the year.

Comment

Working...