PDA

View Full Version : My side of the story by Sam Hagar

SamHagar
08-24-2004, 05:55 PM
I want to put all things aside and tell my side of the story. This is all the cheese you need from me.

The only reason a band does a greatest hits album is money.

The two sisters want to portray me as some sort of hypocrite so that people will believe I'm lying.

I want to set the record straight. Everything that Eddie has said about me is the total opposite of what really happened. I couldn't get anything done with Eddie hanging around the control room because he was interfering so much. If I would go up on a high note, Eddie would want a low one. That's how petty the situation has become. This is why we will NOT record another album together, and yes Roth will be back in the band soon enough.

It's a good thing I don't read everything Eddie says, or I'd be up in arms and not enjoying my life. My personal choice was to put out two separate CD's for the BOBW greatest hits - one covering the Roth years, the other just our stuff, and let the fans make the choice. Invite Dave out for a mutual admiration tour and do the old flip a coin to see who would headline. Again, Eddie and Alex were opposed to this idea.

Eddie told me that if I didn't show up at the 5150 studios by the next day to work on the two new songs for BOBW, I shouldn't bother coming back.

This cat was trying to get me to quit Van Halen again that day.

At our next band meeting, I almost got into a fist fight with Alex when he jumped up and said, "You fucking insulted my brother! He told you to come down here, and you didn't come - just to show your power and pull this trip on him." When I now think back to those idiots, Eddie, Alex, sitting in the studio, looking at the clock to see if I'd show up, I know they had already discussed the return of David Lee Roth to the band. That's why they wanted to mix his songs with mine.

Eddie's fucked up about something all the time. There's something always on his mind, he's paranoid, or else he's really worried constantly.

I recently left the studio really pissed off because I had just found out that I'd been tricked into working on BOBW's.

Eddie calls my home in the morning back in 96, and I hear his scratchy high pitched cancer ladend voice on the answering machine. "Hey Sam, come on, pick up, I know you're there." I picked up the phone and Ed said, "Oh man, I'm so frustrated. Why do you always have to be a prick? You never do anything anybody asks you to do." I paused for a moment and said, "Are you telling me to go back to being a solo artist." And then Eddie said, "Yeah, besides, I've been working with Roth. You got me so frustrated the Tuesday night that you left, I went over and got Roth. We've been working together, and we've gotten along good. It's been going great, and I think that we're just going to continue."The only thing I could say was, "Hey Ed, thanks a lot!"

I said to him,"You're telling me that you've been working with David Lee Roth!" I continued to tell him off, "You, behind my back, are working with Roth. You fucking piece of shit!" Eddie replied to me, "Well, Sammy, you've frustrated me so much, you won't do anything I ask you to do."

That was the way things went down between the two of us. My answering machine picked up the whole conversation. Isn't it funny that Eddie is standing all alone in the middle of the 5150 room saying "Everyone is lying but me." I've never spoken to David Lee Roth, yet it's rather ironic that even he's saying Eddie's lying about things. I'm saying he's not telling the truth, yet Eddie insists that the two of us are lying! You be the judge.

That's the truth, and nothing but the truth.

Sam

bastardog
08-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Fuck you Hagar!!!!!

Jano
08-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SamHagar
I want to put all things aside and tell my side of the story. This is all the cheese you need from me.

The only reason a band does a greatest hits album is money.

The two sisters want to portray me as some sort of hypocrite so that people will believe I'm lying.

I want to set the record straight. Everything that Eddie has said about me is the total opposite of what really happened. I couldn't get anything done with Eddie hanging around the control room because he was interfering so much. If I would go up on a high note, Eddie would want a low one. That's how petty the situation has become. This is why we will NOT record another album together, and yes Roth will be back in the band soon enough.

It's a good thing I don't read everything Eddie says, or I'd be up in arms and not enjoying my life. My personal choice was to put out two separate CD's for the BOBW greatest hits - one covering the Roth years, the other just our stuff, and let the fans make the choice. Invite Dave out for a mutual admiration tour and do the old flip a coin to see who would headline. Again, Eddie and Alex were opposed to this idea.

Eddie told me that if I didn't show up at the 5150 studios by the next day to work on the two new songs for BOBW, I shouldn't bother coming back.

This cat was trying to get me to quit Van Halen again that day.

At our next band meeting, I almost got into a fist fight with Alex when he jumped up and said, "You fucking insulted my brother! He told you to come down here, and you didn't come - just to show your power and pull this trip on him." When I now think back to those idiots, Eddie, Alex, sitting in the studio, looking at the clock to see if I'd show up, I know they had already discussed the return of David Lee Roth to the band. That's why they wanted to mix his songs with mine.

Eddie's fucked up about something all the time. There's something always on his mind, he's paranoid, or else he's really worried constantly.

I recently left the studio really pissed off because I had just found out that I'd been tricked into working on BOBW's.

Eddie calls my home in the morning back in 96, and I hear his scratchy high pitched cancer ladend voice on the answering machine. "Hey Sam, come on, pick up, I know you're there." I picked up the phone and Ed said, "Oh man, I'm so frustrated. Why do you always have to be a prick? You never do anything anybody asks you to do." I paused for a moment and said, "Are you telling me to go back to being a solo artist." And then Eddie said, "Yeah, besides, I've been working with Roth. You got me so frustrated the Tuesday night that you left, I went over and got Roth. We've been working together, and we've gotten along good. It's been going great, and I think that we're just going to continue."The only thing I could say was, "Hey Ed, thanks a lot!"

I said to him,"You're telling me that you've been working with David Lee Roth!" I continued to tell him off, "You, behind my back, are working with Roth. You fucking piece of shit!" Eddie replied to me, "Well, Sammy, you've frustrated me so much, you won't do anything I ask you to do."

That was the way things went down between the two of us. My answering machine picked up the whole conversation. Isn't it funny that Eddie is standing all alone in the middle of the 5150 room saying "Everyone is lying but me." I've never spoken to David Lee Roth, yet it's rather ironic that even he's saying Eddie's lying about things. I'm saying he's not telling the truth, yet Eddie insists that the two of us are lying! You be the judge.

That's the truth, and nothing but the truth.

Sam
-By the way sam, go buy yourself some real clothes! you're looking like shit bud!

WARF
08-24-2004, 06:15 PM
For the love of jive.... have a wabo on me.... you silly gooses!!!

johnburrows
08-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Well, if it ain't Sammy the red nosed rocker. Nice to have you join in on all the fun. I guess you finally realized, I am the party.

Now run along home and go get your shoe shine box for me.

DLR

BARE BONE
08-24-2004, 08:01 PM

ClubDave
08-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
Fuck you Hagar!!!!!

well put sir

GAR
08-24-2004, 11:22 PM
IM TRYING to sell one of my cars on ebay - a bad choice cuz BMWs are for shit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2487539665&category=6129

SOMEBODY GET THIS FAT FREAK THE FUCK OFF THE HOOD B4 HE KRINKLES IT

SamHagar
08-25-2004, 03:20 PM
That's my old Beemer. I certainly don't miss driving that beast. What's wrong with being a little fat, there's more of me to love, and my wife doesn't seem to mind my chubby body.

guwapo_rocker
08-25-2004, 03:40 PM
To the dump!!

Reverberator
08-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Why dont you just get on DA PLANE and fuck off ?