PDA

View Full Version : A call to ARMS

RogueHorseman
08-25-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm sure many of you are familiar with the LaunchCast online streaming music service. It's now bundled with Yahoo Instant Messenger and has become very popular, with ears listening far and wide...

With this service you can rank songs, from "never play again" through to "can't get enough"... now, lots of people think this is only to infludence and taylor the stream to your liking, and it does do that... BUT your vote also goes into the general pool and influences the overall rank and frequency of play for the song, system wide.

With all this in mind, I just ranked BOBW in order to spare myself from ever being subjected to "dreams" again as it just popped up on my system this morning since I'd never ranked the album before.

I found myself essentially rating every other song "can't get enough" and the alternating cheese "never play again"...:D

If you'd like to VOTE on the songs you like and dislike on BOBW, you can do so right here, right now- http://launch.yahoo.com/album/default.asp?albumID=1110159

I went ahead and expressed my opinion on the first Best Of too, for good measure... YOU should too. Who knows just who you might spare from an ear piercing onslaught of audio cheese whiz.

fanofdave
08-25-2004, 10:12 AM
the Spammy Haggis songs have been
rated "flush down the fucking toilet".....

remember the sheep motto:

sammy hagar: when second best will do.

bueno bob
08-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Done and done and done! Good morning Vietnam!!

guwapo_rocker
08-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
I'm sure many of you are familiar with the LaunchCast online streaming music service. It's now bundled with Yahoo Instant Messenger and has become very popular, with ears listening far and wide...

With this service you can rank songs, from "never play again" through to "can't get enough"... now, lots of people think this is only to infludence and taylor the stream to your liking, and it does do that... BUT your vote also goes into the general pool and influences the overall rank and frequency of play for the song, system wide.

With all this in mind, I just ranked BOBW in order to spare myself from ever being subjected to "dreams" again as it just popped up on my system this morning since I'd never ranked the album before.

I found myself essentially rating every other song "can't get enough" and the alternating cheese "never play again"...:D

If you'd like to VOTE on the songs you like and dislike on BOBW, you can do so right here, right now- http://launch.yahoo.com/album/default.asp?albumID=1110159

I went ahead and expressed my opinion on the first Best Of too, for good measure... YOU should too. Who knows just who you might spare from an ear piercing onslaught of audio cheese whiz.

On my way.:D

guwapo_rocker
08-25-2004, 10:21 AM
All done, that felt good! This must be used for market research

as well huh horseman?

Matt White
08-25-2004, 10:25 AM
I just let 'em have it Bro! WOnder how long before they notice a pattern? "HMM...Seems EVERYONE loves Van Halen with DAVID LEE ROTH! One one likes ANYTHING else they've ever done!"

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

RogueHorseman
08-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
...This must be used for market research as well huh horseman?

No doubt about it.

Just another in the mountain sized stack of research showing the public at large, far and wide, far and away prefers the six pack tunes hands down over anything Ed's been involved with since.

The classic rock radio industry research is so EXTREMELY COMPELLING... Virtually no one wants to hear the Sam era stuff on rock radio while the masses clamor for the Dave tunes.... for good reason!

guwapo_rocker
08-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
No doubt about it.

Just another in the mountain sized stack of research showing the public at large, far and wide, far and away prefers the six pack tunes hands down over anything Ed's been involved with since.

The classic rock radio industry research is so EXTREMELY COMPELLING... Virtually no one wants to hear the Sam era stuff on rock radio while the masses clamor for the Dave tunes.... for good reason!

:D :D :cool:

Rikk
08-25-2004, 11:11 AM
I actually did this some time ago, and you're right...it's a great idea! I've been using Launch for months, and it gets me through every work day with a smile on my face. What radio station on Earth will play me Sabbath's HOLE IN THE WORLD, followed by the Dead Boys' AIN'T IT FUN, Johnny Thunder's YOU CAN'T PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND A MEMORY, Stone Temple Pilots' HOLLYWOOD BITCH, Dead Kennedys' WHEN YA GET DRAFTED, all topped off by ME WISE MAGIC???

Not one Sammy Hagar song ever gets played on my station. But the Chedheads probably play both singers. What does that tell market research?

AJW
08-25-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm done rating them.

lms2
08-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Launchcast is indeed an excellent site. I have used them since before Yahoo added them to messenger. Another feature worth previeiwing, now that you have been introduced to the site, is that you can program your own radio station to play bands that you like to hear, then from that rate the songs to get an even better selection tailored to your listening pleasure.

Kristy
08-25-2004, 01:59 PM
You do realize that, by doing this, you are becomming a "tool" of "THE MAN" don't you?

rustoffa
08-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Radioio.com is better.

Nothing but deep cuts.

No spyware either......fucking Launchcast is loaded with it.

fe_lung
08-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Done. Don't forget to go in and rate the back catalogue as well.

PetePicasso
08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Done. Come on all you Army members! Get off your ass and rate these fucking Sammy Hagar songs!

BigDaddyD
08-25-2004, 03:41 PM
I did it as well. i have been listening to Launch ever since. Thanks.

guwapo_rocker
08-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Kristy
You do realize that, by doing this, you are becomming a "tool" of "THE MAN" don't you?

Nah, we're manipulating the man to bring down the

tools!!:D

Cathedral
08-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Nah, we're manipulating the man to bring down the

tools!!:D

Great answer, although i was hoping her post would fall upon def eyes.

If i could vote you again, i would...:D

manwiththedogs
08-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Did it. Thanks for the heads up.

RogueHorseman
08-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Done. Don't forget to go in and rate the back catalogue as well.

Great idea.

No stone left un....errr.....chained?