PDA

View Full Version : My Tour Estimates Avg. Attendance

Thetruthbaby
08-25-2004, 03:29 PM
From the Pollstar list to several shows listed in Billboard magazine I would say that VHagar are averaging around 9,000 to 10,000 people per night so far for this tour. Some cities they do well in (usually the really big ones) and the smaller cities they have trouble. They recently played Anaheim and had a little over 12,000 people according to Billboard. There were well over 13,000 tix available so they didn't sell out. Plus the capacity for the venue is over 17,000 so they could have sold at least 15,000 after taking into account the back of the stage (you lose seats) but you gain some back with floor seats which aren't included in the venue capacity lists for arena's on their websites. All in all this tour seems to be just doing okay. Nothing spectacular to be sure. Just chugging along without much fanfare with the mainstream press or public. The thing is---you know they expected more. Hagar predicted "rapid fire sellouts" which has proven to be a misguided prediction at the very least. And the excitement generated over the new material they recorded with Hagar has been lackluster to say the least. This tour actually reminds me of another corporate rock act from the 80's, Bon Jovi. B Jovi tour every couple of years much in the same way. They draw fairly well and chug along playing all those power ballads and such. But it never captures the public's attention much really. Because ultimately it's not that important. Their not a classic rock band with legendary status. And neither is VAN HAGAR.

RogueHorseman
08-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Its more like 7-8k average PAID and the tour is a complete dud, as is BOBW... the public at large, and the press too, is so completely disinterested and the suits are losing their pants.

You'll never see these four tour or record together again, trust me.

Thetruthbaby
08-25-2004, 04:11 PM
You may be right about the numbers but I'm only referring to what is reported in legitimate trade publications. Everything else is pure speculation. I'm not calling you a liar at all. But since almost none of the additional information regarding the numbers can be verified with legitimate sources I don't refer to those. It woudn't surprise me at all if in fact VHagar are having a significant number of comps at these shows and serious papering as well. But things like this tend to be unable to be verified with any accuracy. Therefore I don't use them in my posts about the numbers. One thing for sure is that the Pollstar list will be out in January and then we'll have a very good understanding of what the numbers looked like. I have a friend who works for Santuary and Pollstar is well respected in the industry for the most part. There is no doubt at all that this tour has not met expectations. That is visible to any objective person.

Panamark
08-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Its more like 7-8k average PAID and the tour is a complete dud, as is BOBW... the public at large, and the press too, is so completely disinterested and the suits are losing their pants.

You'll never see these four tour or record together again, trust me.

Now theres some good news for a change ! :)

RogueHorseman
08-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
You may be right about the numbers but I'm only referring to what is reported in legitimate trade publications. Everything else is pure speculation. I'm not calling you a liar at all. But since almost none of the additional information regarding the numbers can be verified with legitimate sources I don't refer to those. It woudn't surprise me at all if in fact VHagar are having a significant number of comps at these shows and serious papering as well. But things like this tend to be unable to be verified with any accuracy. Therefore I don't use them in my posts about the numbers. One thing for sure is that the Pollstar list will be out in January and then we'll have a very good understanding of what the numbers looked like. I have a friend who works for Santuary and Pollstar is well respected in the industry for the most part. There is no doubt at all that this tour has not met expectations. That is visible to any objective person.

Well, I'd never take you as calling me a liar.

I mearly pointed out the word PAID... I have no doubt the attendance figures are a couple thousand higher on average, 'cause that is what they comp out on average per show.

Matt White
08-26-2004, 10:46 AM
I still find it COMICAL that the SHEEP talk about how "well" this tour is doing and that everybody here are just "delusional" and "haters". The low attendance numbers for a band once considered to be the REIGNING champions of AMERICAN hard rock, who hadn't been seen or heard from in years, speaks volumes. The SHEEP are rapidly dwindeling in numbers, due to the bands inactivity and the realization that they "jobbed" Spammy just like they did DAVE!!! The VAST majority of the SHEEP realize that EVH and SHEMP are two RECALCITRANT PRICKS who don't give a FLYING FUCK about anyone other than themselves. Hell, they had kicked MIKEY to the curb after all those years of faithful "service".
So, all that's left for Van Hagar are the TRULY clueless SHEEP, the ones too STUPID to realize that their being "HAD". Personaly, I feel they deserve each other!!!:lol:

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!!:heyfu: :mad2: :fucku2: :mad2: :heyfu:

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 11:23 AM
pretty much every tour has followed the same path as VH this summer where they do fairly well in large markets but just killed in the small markets. as a whole everyone is done although VH was certain they would be able to beat the trends which they can not. i think the comparrison to Bon Jovi is pretty strong...you have that core fan base that are certain you can do no wrong, the people who want to relive their youth, and a few newbies sprinkled here and there but as a whole general public considers you done and nothin but cheese.

as a whole general public doesnt give a shit about the tour and the press has been half and half. some bad, some good...but of course the good ones here are ignored like the bad ones are ignored at the links.

Matt White
08-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
i think the comparrison to Bon Jovi is pretty strong...
I AGREE, you CAN compare Van Hagar to BON JOVI!!!!!
:lol: And that's the SAD PART of the story!!!

:donkey:

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 11:54 AM
yeah its definitly not a good thing for the once mighty van halen but nostalgia does that to you

frenchie
08-26-2004, 11:56 AM
what?? van halen is on tour?? nobody can proove it,it"s just a rumour.....

badhorsie
08-26-2004, 12:29 PM
The tour is doing fine.

Matt White
08-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie
The tour is doing fine.

WTF?!?:lol:
Right. It would be FINE if these guys used to be in WARRANT!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!:heyfu: :mad2: :fucku2: :mad2: :heyfu:

badhorsie
08-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Warrant? I think Dave on his most recent solo tour pulls in similiar numbers as warrant.

At least at the 2 shows i went to. About 500 people each time.

Still kicked ass though.

Matt White
08-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Warrant? I think Dave on his most recent solo tour pulls in similiar numbers as warrant.

At least at the 2 shows i went to. About 500 people each time.

Still kicked ass though.

HMMM....Seems to have been a couple more people at that 4th of july gig. Did ya see it? Probably not. Too bad. Probably out at the Brittney Fox reunion show in Pelican Bay!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Thetruthbaby
08-26-2004, 01:31 PM
It is completely unfair to compare VHagar's lackluster summer tour to other tours this summer (who may or may not be bringing in disappointing numbers) because one thing seperates VHagar's failure to draw in many cities. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A REUNION TOUR. In other words this is as big as it's gonna get people. It will most likely only be WORSE if they try to tour again with Hagar at the helm. I've seen Aerosmith have some shows that had disappointing turnouts this summer, same with Kiss and F Mac. But those bands have been touring EXTENSIVELY for the last few years. It's no wonder with a somewhat shaky economy that the numbers are down for bands who have already hit these cities multiple times over the last few years. VHagar on the other hand HAVE NO SUCH EXCUSE. Prince and Madonna are doing gangbusters business on the road despite the economy and Metallica are doing great as well. For a "reunion" tour with a band that has a name like VH this tour has fallen well short of expectations. No ifs ands or buts.

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 01:52 PM
people dont care about van halen...regardless of a reunion. the van halen name means nothing anymore...and hasnt since mtv pumped up the reunion with DLR to see it not happen. vh will never recover from that

badhorsie
08-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
HMMM....Seems to have been a couple more people at that 4th of july gig. Did ya see it? Probably not. Too bad. Probably out at the Brittney Fox reunion show in Pelican Bay!!!!

So you're saying the reason why everyone went out on the 4 of july that night was to see DLR ?

You've got me be kidding me.Boston draws between 400,000 to 700,000 people for its July 4th celebrations each summer. Its a tradition they have EVERY year regardless of who is playing with the pops.

Bob_R
08-26-2004, 01:58 PM
people dont care about van halen...regardless of a reunion. the van halen name means nothing anymore...and hasnt since mtv pumped up the reunion with DLR to see it not happen. vh will never recover from that

Ya know sadly you're probably right.

We as Van Halen fans have no right to make fun of any other band.

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 02:00 PM
yeah the 4th gig is a joke to compare with anything since he did two songs at a gig that pulls the people regardless of whom is there. lets see what the upcoming dates do that he is playing

Matt White
08-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Yeah Right. Boston Pops pulls huge amount of people, every year. They must KNOW in advance there's gonna be a TON of people there. DIDN'T ask EVH & the boys to play did they? DAVE was seen by more people at ONE GIG than will have seen the SHAM HALEN 2004 summer tour!!!HOW COME the SLOW summer ticket sales didn't AFFECT THIS GIG GENIUS? 4th of JULY, SUMMER FUN, DAVID LEE ROTH MOTHERFUCKER!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!:heyfu: :mad2: :fucku: :mad2: :heyfu:

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 02:18 PM
1. pops is a free show, so slow tickets have nothing to do since its a free show.
2. any given year, the spectators can number from 400,000 to 700,000 people (http://www.july4th.org/generaleventinfo/)

Matt White
08-26-2004, 02:29 PM
1. pops is a free show, so slow tickets have nothing to do since its a free show.
2. any given year, the spectators can number from 400,000 to 700,000 people (http://www.july4th.org/generaleventinfo/)

GREAT! FURTHER making my point. GAURANTEED 400,000-700,000. Why NOT ask a band that's on a FUCKING REUNUION tour to play. Lots of excitement. People DYING to see 'em. OH, SORRY!!!!:lol: NOBODY wanted Van Hagar to GET BACK TOGETHER in the FIRST place!!! They've had to SLASH ticket prices ALL SUMMER AND give away FREE FOOD (Spammy's left overs for sure!). If 'ya wanna praise the sorry Van Hagar and TRY doggin' DIAMOND DAVE, move it over to the links bud. NOBODY here is buyin' what your sellin".

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 02:34 PM
im not praising anyone just pointing out the flaws in your post since they meant nothing to how or why the pops draw people, which you claimed they did not do. Just like you, I don't know who they asked...maybe they did ask for Ed and crew to play and they turned down who knows. It was supposed to be Aerosmith who had a late scheduling problem and has been said that Steven Tyler is the one who recommended DLR since he and his band could not take part.

and as i said before, outside of the message boards, the general public doesn't care about van halen...hasn't since mtv teased the big welcome back dlr and it didn't happen.

Matt White
08-26-2004, 02:53 PM
and as i said before, outside of the message boards, the general public doesn't care about van halen...hasn't since mtv teased the big welcome back dlr and it didn't happen.

Don't CARE if DAVID LEE ROTH weer to REFORM VAN HALEN? Surely, you jest!!!
The fact that the #1 rock feud is considered, according to vh1, DAVE vs. the SISTERS, I think a few MILLION fans of CLASSIC VANHALEN would care. AND STILL CARE. I believe thats WHY THIS SITE IS FUCKING HERE GENIUS!!!!

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 02:59 PM
fans of classic VH yes...everyone here and at the links, yeah. in general...nope, i think it will get a big media push when it is announced but the majority of people I really dont think would care...especially if it is right after this tour as it is not one money grab, but two

and its rejoin, not reform

Matt White
08-26-2004, 03:16 PM

and its rejoin, not reform

NO ASS-PIPE, IT's REFORM!!! VAN HALEN ceased to be a functioning entity in 1985 when DAVE left. What you've seen roam the musical landscape AIMLESSLY since then is the bone-smuggling entity known as Van Hagar.

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 03:21 PM
ass-pipe...clever. in the eyes of some its still van halen...just do a search on Amazon or any other site and it pulls all three singers. We don't need yet another pissing match on whether they should have changed the name...they didn't so its all Van Halen, if only in name alone. now think hard and try and make some more stuff up like you did with the "Yeah Right. Boston Pops pulls huge amount of people, every year. They must KNOW in advance there's gonna be a TON of people there. " comment

badhorsie
08-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Sounds like Matt hates being proved wrong so he continues spitting out the same shit over and over.

There are 3 kinds of sheep.

The sheep that follow VH
The Sheep that Follow DLR
The sheep that follow van hagar.

You're a sheep to somebody.

Matt White
08-26-2004, 03:32 PM
ass-pipe...clever. in the eyes of some its still van halen...just do a search on Amazon or any other site and it pulls all three singers. We don't need yet another pissing match on whether they should have changed the name...they didn't so its all Van Halen, if only in name alone. now think hard and try and make some more stuff up like you did with the "Yeah Right. Boston Pops pulls huge amount of people, every year. They must KNOW in advance there's gonna be a TON of people there. " comment

LoungeLizard, you never cease to be a bore. Your just another SHEEP, too young to have ANY IDEA how popular VAN HALEN were during the late 70's-mid 80's. All you know is Van Hagar, second rate Journey-influenced PAP. Sorry your band was gone for almost 10 years. Couldn't hear "DREAMS" or "WHY CAN'T THIS BE LOVE" for ages. Must have broke your heart.
You don't get it and you are incapable of getting it. Your only here to be a gadfly, to try and get a "reaction" out of fans of THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN. Seen your type for years. CLUELESS. Now move along Junior, go listen to Limp Bizkit or Korn or Staind or any other FACELESS band of YOUR generation.

Matt White
08-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Sounds like Matt hates being proved wrong so he continues spitting out the same shit over and over.

There are 3 kinds of sheep.

The sheep that follow VH
The Sheep that Follow DLR
The sheep that follow van hagar.

You're a sheep to somebody.

WOW! The Copernicus of the STUPID has spoken. I'm sure you know SHEEP all too well bubba.

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 03:35 PM
i agree they were HUGE in the late 70s and 80s....its 2004. that means shit as far as popularity now

bueno bob
08-26-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm siding with Matt on this one. I will agree with Empyre in so far as the whole Boston Pops July 4th thing not being indicitive of people coming to see Roth, but so what? David was seen by more people on that one day (for free, yes) than have seen Van Halen all summer. It was a brilliant gig for David to be involved in.

However, I am going to SEVERELY disagree with Empyre here, and while I'm at it the rest of the damned Hagar sheep lurking around here, as to the interest level of the general public in a DLR reunion/tour. Do you remember a year by the name of 1996 or not? The Hagar sheep had been saying since 1991 that "the general public wouldn't care if Roth came back or not, because Sammy's our man!" (SAME THING you're saying now) and other assorted bullshit.

Question: Who in the FUCK was Sammy Hagar at the MTV awards?
Answer: NOBODY.

Hagar was a ghost, an illusion, Hagar's existance with the band over the prior ten years had been nothing but a bad joke and quickly forgotten by EVERY SINGLE PERSON there. All because of ONE PUBLIC APPEARANCE of Van Halen.

Just one.

Your Sammy Hagar "reunited and feels so good" bullshit tour hasn't been able to generate that much interest over the album and the whole flippin' summer tour. Nowhere even near that much interest. Maybe the general public doesn't care about David solo all that much, but they sure as hell will care about the REAL Van Halen being together and history has proven that. No Hagar revisionists will ever be able to erase it, and I hope that the memory tastes sour to all of you.

I'm tired of being told that I'm not a "real Van Halen fan" if I don't support Hagar, buy their stupid albums, go to their stupid concerts...I'm a fan of the BAND, not this half-assed, lazy, piss poor weak songwriting, poor concert performance excuse of a lineup! If you're a fan, why would you encourage them to be sloppy, be lazy, write slipshod "songs" and force musical excrement down your throat?

Hagar fans don't support Van Halen, they encourage Hagar & Co. to destroy it even more.

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 03:52 PM
if the reunion tour happened in 96, i agree it would have been gigantic and made VH a lot of money and allow them to build a new audience threw the hype MTV was giving them. I don't think that will happen if there is another reunion with DLR with them going on tour this time. MTV and most fans were burned in '96 and wrote the band off for good right there. they dropped the ball big time. It has nothing to do with Sam or even Gary or DLR, VH is/has been nothing but bad PR and reports of failure and Ed's health since 1996

VH is seen as a joke from the wedding singer more than a band in the eyes of the majority of MTV viewers, which are the people needed to be HUGE once again. You absolutly need MTV and I dont think they will put any hype in a band of 50yr olds unable to connect with their audience, which is mostly rap and pop. Can you imagine the horror of Van Halen on fucking TRL....the thought disgusts me at just the attempt at it. The tour will be successful on rock radio but again I do not think it will be as HUGE as everyone here suggests.

I don't know where "reunited and feels so good" comes from, as far as Im concerned it isn't working. The new songs were not good...time for retirement and other projects and let the VH name die. As far as the "real VH fan" thing is concerned...its garbage. The people here and the Links and a few other sites are the only VH fans left...as we contine to support all its members no matter how much we get burned

Warham
08-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes, Van Halen is a joke.

That much is true.

Matt White
08-26-2004, 03:59 PM
When KISS reunited ALL four of its original members in 1996, they had been a "JOKE" for years. They are STILL riding the wave of renewed interest that their 1996 REUNION tour generated. If the MIGHTY VAN HALEN were to reform, many people here would be SHOCKED at how POPULAR a move it would be. The interest in seeing the ORIGINAL band back together would be second ONLY to LED ZEPPELIN.

badhorsie
08-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
WOW! The Copernicus of the STUPID has spoken. I'm sure you know SHEEP all too well bubba.

Well i follow you, the king sheep!:D

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 04:07 PM
I would be very shocked if it was as popular as you claim Mr. White. But your right with Kiss...I never considered that although them trying to reclaim their magic with Psycho Circus I would say turned into quite the disaster and they are back to their joke/nostalgia and nothing more persona. They should do a reunion of them taking off the makeup to shake things up...minus Eric Carr of course

Matt White
08-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Well i follow you, the king sheep!:D

19 post in 6 months. Nice to see you've finally grew some NUTS.
You must carry a mirror around with ya, junior, and keep seeing your reflection. Don't worry though, things in it are SMALLER than they seem to be!!!:lol:

frenchie
08-26-2004, 04:16 PM
the eighties killed so many band!! the 80's killed van halen.
bret easton ellis

Matt White
08-26-2004, 04:26 PM
I would be very shocked if it was as popular as you claim Mr. White. But your right with Kiss...I never considered that although them trying to reclaim their magic with Psycho Circus I would say turned into quite the disaster and they are back to their joke/nostalgia and nothing more persona. They should do a reunion of them taking off the makeup to shake things up...minus Eric Carr of course

I was shocked as well EmpyreLounge. They sold out TIGER stadium in well under an hour. Tiger stadium held app 50-60,000 people for that show. I was AMAZED at all the OLD people at the concert. I have attended MANY TIGER games, even during their 1984 World Championship year, and the place never ROCKED like that. Take my word, VAN HALEN would be the EVENT of the year should the original band tour.

EmpyreLounge44
08-26-2004, 04:33 PM
which Tiger Staidum show are you refering to? The Psycho Circus one that opened that tour or the reunion tour? I saw the last real Kiss show up in Syracuse, before Ace and Peter left....again...they sold badly and had to play in the smaller venue that year. It was a lot of the older fans...not a lot of younger or even college aged fans.

Its funny when you agree my name is right but if I disagree I am something else.

Matt White
08-27-2004, 03:02 AM
which Tiger Staidum show are you refering to? The Psycho Circus one that opened that tour or the reunion tour? I saw the last real Kiss show up in Syracuse, before Ace and Peter left....again...they sold badly and had to play in the smaller venue that year. It was a lot of the older fans...not a lot of younger or even college aged fans.

Its funny when you agree my name is right but if I disagree I am something else.

The TIGER STADIUM 1996 show, which was OPENING night for their reunion. The tour before psycho circus. No album, just the 4 KISS originals playing their CLASSIC songs. Nothing NEWER than 1978. FUCKING HUGE! People from as far away as JAPAN made the show. KISS rehersed for months:PAUL, ACE, PETER, and GENE. They went over their classic material and where FUCKING INCREDIBLE! THAT'S THE KIND OF REUNION I WANT WITH VAN HALEN!!!!
And as far as your name EmpyreLounge44, when somebody disrespects CLASSIC VAN HALEN & DAVID LEE ROTH I react accordingly.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Panamark
08-27-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I'm siding with Matt on this one. I will agree with Empyre in so far as the whole Boston Pops July 4th thing not being indicitive of people coming to see Roth, but so what? David was seen by more people on that one day (for free, yes) than have seen Van Halen all summer. It was a brilliant gig for David to be involved in.

However, I am going to SEVERELY disagree with Empyre here, and while I'm at it the rest of the damned Hagar sheep lurking around here, as to the interest level of the general public in a DLR reunion/tour. Do you remember a year by the name of 1996 or not? The Hagar sheep had been saying since 1991 that "the general public wouldn't care if Roth came back or not, because Sammy's our man!" (SAME THING you're saying now) and other assorted bullshit.

Question: Who in the FUCK was Sammy Hagar at the MTV awards?
Answer: NOBODY.

Hagar was a ghost, an illusion, Hagar's existance with the band over the prior ten years had been nothing but a bad joke and quickly forgotten by EVERY SINGLE PERSON there. All because of ONE PUBLIC APPEARANCE of Van Halen.

Just one.

Your Sammy Hagar "reunited and feels so good" bullshit tour hasn't been able to generate that much interest over the album and the whole flippin' summer tour. Nowhere even near that much interest. Maybe the general public doesn't care about David solo all that much, but they sure as hell will care about the REAL Van Halen being together and history has proven that. No Hagar revisionists will ever be able to erase it, and I hope that the memory tastes sour to all of you.

I'm tired of being told that I'm not a "real Van Halen fan" if I don't support Hagar, buy their stupid albums, go to their stupid concerts...I'm a fan of the BAND, not this half-assed, lazy, piss poor weak songwriting, poor concert performance excuse of a lineup! If you're a fan, why would you encourage them to be sloppy, be lazy, write slipshod "songs" and force musical excrement down your throat?

Hagar fans don't support Van Halen, they encourage Hagar & Co. to destroy it even more.

Great Post Mate !

You fucking nailed it !!

Big Train
08-27-2004, 03:49 AM
Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth together shaking hands on a street corner would generate more buzz than the entire summer tour has. That one photo alone could do it. There is entirely to much pent up demand for it. It would be huge just because people WANT to see it. Forget the results, the hype would be relentless,

Thetruthbaby
08-27-2004, 12:31 PM
A couple of things here. First I don't think Kiss was looked at like a joke before the reunion. In fact musically they had re-gained a good measure of respect from Revenge which was well rec from fans and critics alike. It went gold easily. That may not sound like a lot but Kiss has NEVER sold albums the way VH did. Kiss only have 2 multi-platinum certifications from the R.I.A.A. and those are for Alive II and Smashes Thrashes & Hits. My point being--Kiss was ALWAYS about the live show more than the music. Kiss fans have trouble admitting that sometimes but it's true. So it was no wonder that Kiss' reunion tour was so huge. The makeup and stage show from the legendary Kiss shows was supposedly back (although if you saw the tours you'd know there was actually much left to be desired). With classic VH they not only had the incredible show but the music as well. DLR era VH was always a radio staple on rock stations (unlike Kiss) and the DLR era VH is now very widely considered "CLASSIC ROCK". Outside of Rock and Roll All Nite Kiss doesn't really have any songs that are considered classic rock by the mainstream rock press or fans really. To sum up--although VH had everything in the world going for them in 96', if they did a tour with DLR now it would still be very big (and certainly bigger than this current sham going on) because DLR era VH is classic rock and there are a vast number of hits from that era that are staples for a generation of rock fans. VH's back catalog sells much better than Kiss' also which indicates that at least SOME of the people buying the older albums are younger people. Kiss is just all about the show. Always has been really. I've always felt Kiss were under-rated musically but the majority of the rock public doesn't feel that way. That is the difference between Kiss and VH. That is why VH wouldn't need as much hype as Kiss if they reunited with DLR. It's easily as much about the music when it comes to DLR VH as it is the show. With Kiss this is simply not true.